Modern Warfare 3

juanpabloangel18

So to compensate getting rid of stopping power, they have put stopping power in every gun. Horrible idea.

I'm almost tempted to trade this in - I'm having to try to get into it, when I have a good game it's because I played like a dick or the team was horrible, and if I want to play to have fun I do terrible.

I wasn't planning on getting BF until after christmas but I'm not sure I'll still have this a week from now.

So to compensate getting rid of stopping power, they have put stopping power in every gun. Horrible idea.

That's exactly what I've always been saying.

Especially when you take into consideration that the connection's not always going to be great and the fire rate on the guns seems alot higher than Black Ops so it feels like hardcore mode half the time.

The initial excitement has already worn off and it shouldn't after 3 days.

A fair number traded in already.

A lot of negative feedback too. I do wonder if thats a bit of the usual different = bad that arises with any annual iteration of a game. Give a week or 2 and everyone will just crack on with it.

A lot of negative feedback too. I do wonder if thats a bit of the usual different = bad that arises with any annual iteration of a game. Give a week or 2 and everyone will just crack on with it.

I don't know, I played both Black Ops and MW2 a lot in the first weeks of their releases. Just not getting the same enjoyment at all.

Aye I should have added that, as I've been saying all along the build up for this, it just does look/feel a bit tired. I don't think that helps. You've been playing this game for at least 2 years really. If you're a long term fan 4. For some people that feeling that theres nothing new here will bite.

Hence why, once again, I'll say that this is the beginning of the end for COD as the huge franchise.

I don't know, I played both Black Ops and MW2 a lot in the first weeks of their releases. Just not getting the same enjoyment at all.

Same here. It just doesn't feel like they've tried at all with the maps. Some maps just feel incredibly similar to stuff on MW2 and Black Ops. Interchange for example, looks almost exactly like Underpass in MW2.

Maybe, but I honestly don't think much needs to be changed as far as keeping people interested, if a good game is consistently made, with tweaks for every game, it would get a little dull certainly but the core fanbase would stay. This feels like a step backwards.

There is rather a lot of asset reuse from what I've seen from the older games so it's not really all that surprising that it feels a bit half arsed.

This is what Activision does. They stumble on something popular, and drive it into the ground till the market grows tired of it and then they kill it, the path to death usually preceded by increasingly half arsed iterations with dumb ideas as the annual release screw turns harder and harder.

Anyone else finding huge discrepancies between K/D ratios on hardcore games and regular games? As I said before, I completely boss most hardcore games but am hopeless on regular games. The silliest thing about this is up until now I'd practically never played hardcore at all in any of the previous CoD games.

I'm still playing, but it really is rage inducing dog shit at times.

Some of the maps are terrible, so many people camping, the air is constantly filled with choppers and other bullshit.

It's not going to be long before this decends into the usual chav quickscoping camp fest, and the ****' idiots that make the game, give them the tools they need, every year.

ii Zz QuIcKsCoPeZ HD zZ ii

I havent really had an extended session on it yet. It does appear to be MW2, part 2 though. Kill streaks seem weaker and there are a lot more flanking routes on every map as far as I can tell so camping up is more difficult as there are less places to do so. Mind you, with weaker kill streaks there is less incentive to camp to your rewards anyway.

So far I am enjoying it. I have had a few rage inducing deaths from things I considered bullshit, but hey, that's online gaming. I probably dont even notice when I get a lucky spawn or a ridiculously lucky kill on some other guy, but I am sure I get them every bit as often as I receive them. I did have my first "montage moment" earlier on too.

but I felt like a pro, even if it was only for a few seconds.

Kill streaks seem weaker
I dunno about that. Now the killstreaks just cycle round. For example, I just had 2 predator missiles, 2 helicopters and an AC-130 in one life. The game in question resulted in me getting 39 kills and 3 deaths, partly as a result of all the killstreaks i'm sure.

I havent really had an extended session on it yet. It does appear to be MW2, part 2 though. Kill streaks seem weaker and there are a lot more flanking routes on every map as far as I can tell so camping up is more difficult as there are less places to do so. Mind you, with weaker kill streaks there is less incentive to camp to your rewards anyway.

So far I am enjoying it. I have had a few rage inducing deaths from things I considered bullshit, but hey, that's online gaming. I probably dont even notice when I get a lucky spawn or a ridiculously lucky kill on some other guy, but I am sure I get them every bit as often as I receive them. I did have my first "montage moment" earlier on too.

but I felt like a pro, even if it was only for a few seconds.

The killstreaks are the same as MW2, not a minute seems to go by without a chopper in the air raining down death. The kills you earn via your chopper etc, also count towards your streak, and push you closer to your next reward, so i think there is an incentive to camp.

This, coupled with the fact some of the maps are just too small, meaning whenever you break cover, you're likely to get shot in back, make the game a bit too much at times, it's constantly stop start stop start stop start...

I have to admit I've adopted a more cautious approach to the game due to all the openings that you can be attacked from. On Black Ops I used to be able to run around the map and regularly get K/D ratios of 3+ but now it's a little harder.

I found that turning off the theatre mode recording stopped alot of lag issues for me. It was that sort of lag where i watch the kill cam and i didn't even shoot on his screen, when i almost emptied my clip. Loads of youtube videos backing this up aswell.

I found that turning off the theatre mode recording stopped alot of lag issues for me. It was that sort of lag where i watch the kill cam and i didn't even shoot on his screen, when i almost emptied my clip. Loads of youtube videos backing this up aswell.
Really? Might try that later. I've noticed that a lot in kill cams as well. As I said, in hardcore I'm ok but in regular games it always seems like it takes other people far less shots to kill me than it does for me to kill them, yet when I look at the killcam they appear to have been shooting me for a lot longer.

Kill streaks seem weaker
I dunno about that. Now the killstreaks just cycle round. For example, I just had 2 predator missiles, 2 helicopters and an AC-130 in one life. The game in question resulted in me getting 39 kills and 3 deaths, partly as a result of all the killstreaks i'm sure.

Have you not tried a reaper drone yet lol first game i played i got one in a supply crate got about 12 kills and it lasts forever

Â