Modern Warfare 3

juanpabloangel18

How is 3 out of 10 fair? The story was good as always, no real change there. The multi-player is virtually the same as MW2, albeit the maps aren't as good and it takes a couple more shots to kill someone. That's it. Can't really understand why so many people seem to hate MW3 but not any of the others.
A couple more?The insta death is my problem with it, up close the guns are so stupidly overpowered, Black Ops had the gun damage right, it didn't need to be changed. It's a shame, because I think that and the spawns are what's stopping it from being a good game.

How is 3 out of 10 fair? The story was good as always, no real change there. The multi-player is virtually the same as MW2, albeit the maps aren't as good and it takes a couple more shots to kill someone. That's it. Can't really understand why so many people seem to hate MW3 but not any of the others.
A couple more?The insta death is my problem with it, up close the guns are so stupidly overpowered, Black Ops had the gun damage right, it didn't need to be changed. It's a shame, because I think that and the spawns are what's stopping it from being a good game.
I agree Black Ops was fine but I think the guns here are mostly underpowered.

I've gone back to BLOPS!

Me and my mate were talking about it last night. We used to moan all the time about BLOPS even though we still enjoyed it, and we always used to tell each other we couldn't wait until MW3. Ok we tried it, we played it and at 1 point I thought I was getting into it but I just can't. The maps are horrible, whether people like it or not I don't think it's possible to learn these maps, whichever way you turn you're bound to get shot in the arse at some point. I stuck to playing S&D because my KD was being shot through the floor and it wasn't enjoyable at all to me. My mate told me last night 'shall we go back on MW3 for the lolz' and I told him to go ahead. He's just sent me another message saying BLOPS?

I've gone back to BLOPS!

Me and my mate were talking about it last night. We used to moan all the time about BLOPS even though we still enjoyed it, and we always used to tell each other we couldn't wait until MW3. Ok we tried it, we played it and at 1 point I thought I was getting into it but I just can't. The maps are horrible, whether people like it or not I don't think it's possible to learn these maps, whichever way you turn you're bound to get shot in the arse at some point. I stuck to playing S&D because my KD was being shot through the floor and it wasn't enjoyable at all to me. My mate told me last night 'shall we go back on MW3 for the lolz' and I told him to go ahead. He's just sent me another message saying BLOPS?

That is quite annoying. I don't know why the maps are so open, they just are. Most of my deaths are from behind or the side.

Tbf user scores on Metacritic are about as reliable as a chocolate teapot.

Most of the others seem quite balanced, eg Skyrim getting 9 out of 10. There will be an element of bandwagon jumping with the low scores, but I think 3 out of 10 is right for the multiplayer. It's not just that the maps aren't that inspiring, it's that, the fact that most of them are blatant copies, and they play absolutely terribly.

Tbf user scores on Metacritic are about as reliable as a chocolate teapot.

Most of the others seem quite balanced, eg Skyrim getting 9 out of 10. There will be an element of bandwagon jumping with the low scores, but I think 3 out of 10 is right for the multiplayer. It's not just that the maps aren't that inspiring, it's that, the fact that most of them are blatant copies, and they play absolutely terribly.

How would you rate MW2's MP?

I've got on a bit better over the weekend, although i've had to change the way i play, as you can't run and gun on this, i'm a bit more cautious now.

The game still has issues, namely the maps, most of them are too small.

That burst firing assault rifle thats like the famas in MW2 (Type55?), it's over powered

Javelin - this needs a vehicle lock-on? Why are people able to just randomly fire it?

Then the usuals, campers, quickscopers, and the game can be a bit heavy on killstreaks at times.

The game just feels full of little holes that little words removed will exploit, which make the game really frustrating to play at times, but then again, this is typical of all of the COD games, so nothing new really.

Although I'm not getting rid, as i need a half decent shooter to play online, some of the above shit needs to be stopped, and they need to put out some decent maps, preferably bigger than my back garden.

Getting better at this now. Level 53, K/D ratio is 2.51 and I've won 9 more games than I've lost. A tactic for avoiding getting shot in the back all the time is to keep checking your radar and position yourself with your back to your team-mates, so that they can act as a sort of early warning system.

Getting better at this now. Level 53, K/D ratio is 2.51 and I've won 9 more games than I've lost. A tactic for avoiding getting shot in the back all the time is to keep checking your radar and position yourself with your back to your team-mates, so that they can act as a sort of early warning system.
It's so much hassle, as a general rule I'd stay away from my team on TDM but doing that on this isn't really possible, Domination is a bit of a mess.

I don't have the patience, or willing to get a really high K/D on this, it's about 2.30 now, lowest it's been on any CoD for about 4 years.

That burst firing assault rifle thats like the famas in MW2 (Type55?), it's over powered.

I have lost more fights to that gun than any other on the game. It is an absolute monster and medium/long range and seems to outclass every sniper rife and the M16 by a ridiculous margin. Two bullet kill at close range too, so you dont even need a full burst of three bullets to connect.

The gun is a Chinese model QBZ-95 ("type 95" is a reference to the year it was designed, even if it does appear to be a fairly straight copy of the FAMAS. Lots of Chinese/Japanese weapons are given "type XX" names in their English translation for some reason)

It's so much hassle, as a general rule I'd stay away from my team on TDM but doing that on this isn't really possible, Domination is a bit of a mess.

I don't have the patience, or willing to get a really high K/D on this, it's about 2.30 now, lowest it's been on any CoD for about 4 years.

Thing is, if you stay away from your teammates there are so many places you can be attacked from. On

Oh yeah, my K/D ratio on this is a lot lower than on BO (it was 3.35 on that).

That burst firing assault rifle thats like the famas in MW2 (Type55?), it's over powered.

I have lost more fights to that gun than any other on the game. It is an absolute monster and medium/long range and seems to outclass every sniper rife and the M16 by a ridiculous margin. Two bullet kill at close range too, so you dont even need a full burst of three bullets to connect.

The gun is a Chinese model QBZ-95 ("type 95" is a reference to the year it was designed, even if it does appear to be a fairly straight copy of the FAMAS. Lots of Chinese/Japanese weapons are given "type XX" names in their English translation for some reason)

Despite being one of the best assault rifles, i don't use it, i'm shit with burst firing rifles.

I use G36C, and striker shotgun, don't bother with anything else.

Why do they make the AK47 one of the latest assault rifle unlocks aswell? It was good in COD4, but crap in MW2, and having used it in the single player on this, it's still not very good, really difficult to control.

The Call of Duty games have never made it so the best guns unlock last. It is the best thing about their unlock system compared to Battlefield. You could argue that in a lot of Call of Duty games you get the best gun at level 1, certainly in COD4 (M16) and MW2 (UMP) and I feel the AK47 is in the game just because it has to be. Without a doubt it is the most iconic gun of all time, it has certainly changed the world more than any other gun and a lot of people see it as a symbol of freedom and rebellion. It also has some kind of effect on American audiences because they see it as the communists gun. I dont think you can have a military game without it, but I guess if IW make is below par then that is their way of encouraging the players to try one of the new weapons.

The Call of Duty games have never made it so the best guns unlock last. It is the best thing about their unlock system compared to Battlefield. You could argue that in a lot of Call of Duty games you get the best gun at level 1, certainly in COD4 (M16) and MW2 (UMP) and I feel the AK47 is in the game just because it has to be. Without a doubt it is the most iconic gun of all time, it has certainly changed the world more than any other gun and a lot of people see it as a symbol of freedom and rebellion. It also has some kind of effect on American audiences because they see it as the communists gun. I dont think you can have a military game without it, but I guess if IW make is below par then that is their way of encouraging the players to try one of the new weapons.

AK74u should be in this aswell, enjoyed using it in COD4 and BLOPS.

The Call of Duty games have never made it so the best guns unlock last.
They did on MW2, for those lucky enough to get to max level pre-1887 patch their reward was the greatest shotguns put in any game ever, I think they should bring them back really.

Oh, the shotguns are terrible on this game, huge dissapointment.

Â