Who is the best front man?

PauloBarnesi

Surely any of the Americans mentioned would qualify as non-Caucasian?

FAIL

Sorry to go briefly off topic, but i've always thought Caucasian was a term used to describe a person from Europe (and it's surrounding areas within Africa and Asia). Don't get the race/colour thing at all. If someone can be assed to point me back in the right direction, I'm all ears.

Wiki say's...

In the United States, the term Caucasian has been mainly used to describe a group commonly called Whites, as defined by the government and Census Bureau.

Somebody agree with my Joe Strummer IMMEDIATELY!!!

Great guy and an exceptional talent, but for me The Clash were always Joe and Mick. I guess my argument falls down if you think of other double acts which include a great front man (Mick & Keef, Noel & Liam) but Strummer to me is a great singer songwriter and the brains behind one of the best bands ever. I just dont think of him as a front man.

Somebody agree with my Joe Strummer IMMEDIATELY!!!

Great guy and an exceptional talent, but for me The Clash were always Joe and Mick. I guess my argument falls down if you think of other double acts which include a great front man (Mick & Keef, Noel & Liam) but Strummer to me is a great singer songwriter and the brains behind one of the best bands ever. I just dont think of him as a front man.

Agree. It's not really fair to single out Joe, as having Joe, Mick and Paul in the band was like having 3 front men.

On the Gallagher thing, its not all about jumping round a stange making a specticle of yourself. He had an aura about him that no-one in England could touch for a decade.

Not having that personally. Not sure what 'aura' he had other than pretending to be hard, standing around and walking like a monkey. Knobheads do that on every street corner in Manchester every night of the week

Lets not start on the voice either. Appealed to some layabouts granted as they thought he was all working class and cool

I've walked out of two Oasis gigs in my time. Glastonbury when they headlined (95 ish?), made Status Quo seem interesting and Earls Court the same day as we beat West Ham 4-1 at Upton Park. I got dragged into that as we'd gone down in a small gang for the night. Even the 'fans' amongst us had to concede it was awful and we went pubbing instead

Glad to see that people can be a bit objective sometimes. :) As Freddie's already mentioned and my obvious choice I'll name two other singers that I've seen live that I think are great front men:

Geoff Tate (whwich ain't a too big surprise to some either, I presume)

and Bruce Dickinson.

I think both are great. Great singers, great presence and just don't stand there on the stage.

I think Rob Hyman is quite good too, but it's debatable whether he's the front man or not.

I have never seen Rolling Stones live, nor do I like their music very much, but Jaggers reputation on the stage gives him some credit too.

Dave Gahan

This. Although, looking at your avatar sheldon I'm not surprised. You may love Depeche Mode or you may hate them, but he is an awesome frontman.

Was in the audience for that one. England had beaten Denmark 1-0 earlier in the day.

Â