Who is the best front man?

PauloBarnesi

Here's a left-field one, and it surprised me when I saw him, as I wasn't expecting it:

Paul Jones (ex-Manfred Mann and The Blues Band).

Fantastic singer and performer, had the audience eating out of his hand. Up there with Mercury, seriously.

Liam Gallagher
:shock: REALLY?

He just stands there with his hands behind his back and whines!

Its his aura Mike. Brilliant voice imo.

There is something about certain "front men" that can really put me off a band.

Queen

Smiths

Stone Roses

Oasis

All bands I actually like the general sound of (probably because they all have excellent guitarists), but I cannot STAND the singers. clearings in the woods, the lot of them.

As a pure frontman, taking aside all preference about music. Mercury by a mile

much as it pains me and I know i am going to regret saying it but .....

This

not really a fan of these "best" type questions as it's all rather subjective isn't it ... for example if Liam Gallagher can get a shout then I must be in with half a chance of winning but the wiggy will no doubt offer a differing opinion of anyone I nominate

Stuart Adamson would be up there for me personally , he used to engage the crowd , have some banter with them , interact with them and more importantly hewas also a great guitarist and songwriter ( cue much debate ) and an influential one to boot (cue much debate) .. even the Foo fighters gave him a name check after he died and his influence on U2 , the Manics and even Coldplay (yuck) is widely acknowledged ..and since he got a mention even Liam Gallagher was a fan ...

Of those that I have seen, Jagger, Ronnie James Dio, David Lee Roth, Ozzy, Bon Scott. I didn't see Plant in his Zeppelin pomp, so difficult to tell. I also didn't see Mercury, but understand the high regard in which he is held.

From watching stuff on TV I suspect that Chris Martin is a pretty good front man. He certainly appears to be able to carry an audience.

Liam Gallagher

Queen

Smiths

Stone Roses

Oasis

All bands I actually like the general sound of (probably because they all have excellent guitarists), but I cannot STAND the singers. clearings in the woods, the lot of them.

Clering in the woods in general* as a vocalist?

*Liam is a word removed but as a vocalist he is excellent.

Both Tom Smith of the Editors and Richard Ashcroft are my personal favourites, but as ive said above, on the international stage, Anthony Kiedis of the Chilli's and Dave Grohl of The Foo Fighters will take some beating.

Liam Gallagher

Queen

Smiths

Stone Roses

Oasis

Clering in the woods in general* as a vocalist?

*Liam is a word removed but as a vocalist he is excellent.

In general. Although I have to say, his voice does begin to grate after a couple of numbers. Prefer Noel by a long way.

Liam Gallagher

I'd agree with this. On his day he is vocally superb, his days don'ty come around that often though unfortunatly.

Sorry, that reminds me, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone age (& them Crooked Vultures) wins it for me.

Alex Turner gets a shout also.

I'd agree with both of those, Alex Turner's performance of Mardy Bum from Glastonbury in 2007 was fooking awsome.

Sorry, that reminds me, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone age (& them Crooked Vultures) wins it for me.

Alex Turner gets a shout also.

I'd agree with both of those, Alex Turner's performance of Mardy Bum from Glastonbury in 2007 was fooking awsome.

... Improved my morning massively, cheers. :cheers:

Â