How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

'Oh Gabby won't make it, he's all pace no brains, Luke Moore is the one to watch', it was often said. I always thought gabby was the pic of the crop and here we are, player of the season so far and an absolute credit to the club. Strength and pace, holds the ball up well and creates chances a plenty, yet still people go 'Gabby's good but....'

Gabby's good but nothing, first name on the team sheet for me.

'Oh Gabby won't make it, he's all pace no brains, Luke Moore is the one to watch', it was often said. I always thought gabby was the pic of the crop and here we are, player of the season so far and an absolute credit to the club. Strength and pace, holds the ball up well and creates chances a plenty, yet still people go 'Gabby's good but....'

Gabby's good but nothing, first name on the team sheet for me.

I just thought I'd quote myself after another, not excellent this time, but good performance from Gabby.

My MOTM v Everton. If we put together a highlights package of Ireland and Gabby today, I think Gabby's would be longer, but his work always seems to go unnoticed unless he scores???

As I said in the ratings thread, I feel Gabby is limited on the wing, as today showed. Flashes of pace but mostly there to have the long angled balls directed at in the hope he can find space with his pace. It worked for a month or two but has now been found out but our manager doesn't have the ability to change that game-plan and it is affecting and will affect Gabby's game.

• 2 weeks later...

“The doc ruled him out, gave him some pills and he made a miraculous recovery and was good to go. But at half-time he had no energy, couldn’t get it up, so we made the sub.

Needs to speak to Pelé about his finishing problems.

• 1 month later...

The fact that he was totally isolated up front, with Ireland and N'Zogbia farting around amount themselves too much, the fact that he had two big centre backs right behind him yet we still played high balls, the fact that when Fulham had the ball he was expected to drop behind the ball deep into his own half, has nothing to do with his performance.

Bent has received a lot of critisism this year as well. Any striker playing the lone role in our team at the moment is going to suffer. The team is currently set to flatter Ireland, a midfielder who is too half arsed and indisciplined to fit in a two man midfield, and N'Zogbia, a winger who is too lazy and positionally unaware to play in a 442 with out leaving a huge gap behind him.

So many times Gabby is the only man in the box, making him so easy to mark. So many times he received the ball and our so called attacking players were miles behind him.

Gabby didn't play particularly well yesterday, but i couldn't see many players coming out with credit from the role.

Â