How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

one thing gabby certainly does have (we see it every summer) is willingness to learn and adapt his game, if a shit hot manager got hold of him whilst he still has that desire i think we could see an even better player

id say hes easily better than campbell and welbeck is piss poor IMO but not as good as an inform theo, but as we've seen for 3/4 months this season, just about anyone is better than an out of form theo

• 2 weeks later...

The Mirror (cough) say they have an exclusive that Martin O'Neill wants to buy Gabi from us for £7 million and sign Richard Dunne too. Don't mind him taking Dunne off us, but seriously doubt £7 million would land him Gabs.

Personally I don't think we'll get a better offer.. Start of the season I didn't think I'd be saying that Gabby should go, but for his sake it's for the best and for Villa possibly for the best as we are weakening the side trying to find places to play him because he has been so loyal. If we aren't playing him upfront then stick him on the bench don't shoehorn him into a role he doesn't like.

If we don't get a better offer why would we sell? Even if Gabby isn't as good as we thought he could be, he still is a decent player. He gets no service up top so you can't blame him for not scoring. Gabby isn't a prolific goal scorer and frankly I don't think his finishing skills are much better than Albrighton, but when on his game, Gabby is one hell of a player. Teams used to fear Gabby's pace. Houllier and McLeish have ruined Gabby. Under a good coach I fully believe Gabby could be a valuable asset to us. We cannot sell. The other options are much worse at the moment.

As much as i dont rate Gabby, i would not want him to leave.

He has said several times about how he would like to stay at the club for his whole career.

Also in regards to Wellbeck n Wallcott I would say that theres not much between them. All fairly limited players who will bag you about 10 goals a season

He has also said today that he wants Heskey to get a new deal at the club, saying he "deserves" a new deal. No wonder we are doing so rubbish if our players think Heskey has done enough for a new deal. Low standards.

Gabriel Agbonlahor hopes Aston Villa will offer fellow striker Emile Heskey a new deal when his current contract runs out this summer.

Heskey has been at Villa for the past three and a half seasons and has been linked with a return to his first professional club Leicester.

Assistant boss Peter Grant has intimated talks with Heskey and any other out-of-contract player have been put on hold until the summer but Agbonlahor hopes the former England player can remain.

He said: "I would like Emile to stay. I think everyone would. He has great experience and still has great qualities. It's not my decision but I would definitely like Emile to stay. He has done a great job when he has come in.

"Emile is really dedicated with the way he trains and is respected for what he has done in the game and we are still learning off him. Do I think he will stay? It's hard to say. We'll just have to wait and see."

Eurosport

Gabby's not playing well because our clown of a manger plays him on the left wing and added to that he's carried injuries. Hardly surprising that he's not offered much and scored too few. But hey its much better to stick Heskey front.

Gabby is one of the very few players at Villa who genuinely plays for the badge and played in the correct position and given the correct service will score goals for us. He's not a world beater but he's a very dangerous premiership striker that we desperately need to keep. It genuinely saddens me that many of our fickle fans have now decided that we should get rid at some ludicrously low price and then no doubt moan when he's a star at another club.

The fact that we cannot get the best out of a player like Gabby and the fact that rags like the Mirror are peddling such stories just shows how much Villa have fallen under the appalling management of McLeish and sanctioned by our utterly clueless owner.

Even if we did sell Gabby for decent price would you trust our manager to spend that money wisely?

If the right offer comes in for Gabby then i'd sell him.

He has one of the two attributes needed for a great forward and that quite obviously is his pace but i'm never confident when he is one on one with the keeper that he will actually score.

His comments also about Heskey should mean that the fans should pay for a skin graft over his mouth.

Hes hardly gonna say 'Heskey? New deal?? No way hes shite!'

Although we all know hes thinking it :lol:

Exactly. Quite often what a player says, and what he is actually thinking are too completely different things. Agbonlahor said to someone in Brum that Harewood was shit, but in the interviews he always spoke highly of him.

Gabby was the main man at the start of the season. It only took McLeish a few months to ruin his game playing him out of position. If O'Neill's after a striker let him be reunited with Heskey.

MON trying to tie up a deal in march? :lol: That would be a first.

One thing that I actually do give AML credit for is reviving Gabbys form. He was as good as useless last season and at the start of this season he was our best player. Then he got injured and has found it hard to get back to that form again. Can't blame AML for that.

We shouldn't sell Gabby. We're going to need him for the post-McLeish reconstruction.

But the post Mcleish reconstruction as you put it will not happen for another 2 years maybe more. Whether we like it or not he is here to stay. It will cost too much to sack him, and he wont resign. I think he will be at the club for another 2 years at least. :cry:

We shouldn't sell Gabby. We're going to need him for the post-McLeish reconstruction.

But the post Mcleish reconstruction as you put it will not happen for another 2 years maybe more. Whether we like it or not he is here to stay. It will cost too much to sack him, and he wont resign. I think he will be at the club for another 2 years at least. :cry:

We'll still need him.

Anyway, there's no way McLeish will last two more years.

Can't blame AML for that.

Of course you can :)

He's got our attacking players (apart from the isolated front man) playing so deep they don't know whether to attack or defend. McLeish's motto is 'get back'.

Â