How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

Funny how this thread went from "I reckon Gabbys worth 25M" to "He's not a very good player and we should move him on as he isn't worth the 58k"

Who the hell thinks he is worth £25m :shock:

Funny how this thread went from "I reckon Gabbys worth 25M" to "He's not a very good player and we should move him on as he isn't worth the 58k"

All based on a handful of less than impressive performances. Villa fans...fickle? NOOOOOOO. He's shite, get rid immediately, release him on o free, he's losing his pace, his hearts not in it etc. :lol:

For as long as Gabby has been in the first team he has had purple patches and dry spells. Generally speaking, he seems to start seasons like a rocket, go missing over a couple of months and then start scoring again. It's one of the frustrating things about him, but when he is on fire he is a delight.

Its not so much how much he is worth, or how much we could sell him for, its who we could realistically replace him with. He can be unplayable but that only seems to be for short spells throughout the season. Take away the fact he is a local lad and a Villa fan, what does he really offer us over the season?

How good is he? Well does he get called up for England squads much? The likes of Frazer Campbell and Danny Wellbeck now seem to be well ahead of him. They have pace but also a football brain.

What we would potentially get for him would not give us much of a better replacement, unless we went for a 30ish year old (Keane?) which begs the question would it be a step forward?

Gabby is good when doesn't have to think. If he gets the ball played through, time for one touch...bang, back of the net. If he get's the ball played through, time for control, second touch, shot...he'll hit the keeper. When he was 1 on 1 with Schwarzer on Saturday, the minute he took that second touch I knew he'd hit the keeper, so did everyone around me.

He is quick, strong(er than he was), he puts in 100% when he isn't injured, can bag us about 10 goals a year. He's not worth £58k a week talent wise, but then, when you've been with a company as long as he has been with Villa, naturally your salary will go up to a higher level than a new starter of the same ability, it's all about loyalty isn't it?! Unless you could sell him and find someone of equal or better ability for the amount we sold him for and on less wages, he should stay, it's a no brainer in my book.

With that in mind, I don't think you'd get enough for him to replace him with someone of equal ability. Having only played for Villa and never really shining for England his price would be low, clubs wouldn't take a risk in case he would crumble out of his comfort zone!

Gabby is good when doesn't have to think. If he gets the ball played through, time for one touch...bang, back of the net. If he get's the ball played through, time for control, second touch, shot...he'll hit the keeper. When he was 1 on 1 with Schwarzer on Saturday, the minute he took that second touch I knew he'd hit the keeper, so did everyone around me.

He is quick, strong(er than he was), he puts in 100% when he isn't injured, can bag us about 10 goals a year. He's not worth £58k a week talent wise, but then, when you've been with a company as long as he has been with Villa, naturally your salary will go up to a higher level than a new starter of the same ability, it's all about loyalty isn't it?! Unless you could sell him and find someone of equal or better ability for the amount we sold him for and on less wages, he should stay, it's a no brainer in my book.

With that in mind, I don't think you'd get enough for him to replace him with someone of equal ability. Having only played for Villa and never really shining for England his price would be low, clubs wouldn't take a risk in case he would crumble out of his comfort zone!

God, it was if i had written it myself

Gabriel Agbonlahor’s loyalty is hurting his career

I admire players that stay at the same club for their entire careers, it’s a dying trend in the game, and in amongst all the money-lust it’s refreshing.

Gabriel Agbonlahor is a good player, definitely one who belongs in the top-6 of the Premier League. Aston Villa are a big club, one whose reputation and size should make them at least top-6 competitive. However, given that it looks increasingly unlikely that Villa are able to offer Agbonlahor the platform his talent should be affording him, how much longer can he afford to stay in the Midlands before his career stagnates?

Agbonlahor is a Villa fan, and again, there’s something really admirable about fan-type loyalty in contemporary players. The problem here, is that the forward’s loyalty to the club is probably going to cost him a chance of an England future. It’s important to clarify this though: it’s not Aston Villa holding Agbonlahor back, it’s Alex McLeish’s management and Randy Lerner’s ownership of the club that is. Villa under Martin O’Neil, the attacking, pacey, ambitious Villa were a perfect fit for him – it’s just the current incarnation that’s stunting his progression.

Clearly, the pace the player has underpins pretty much every aspect of his game – and at twenty-five, there are only a few more years left before that acceleration starts to fade. It’s a classic conundrum for Agbonlahor, it’s loyalty versus ambition.

If McLeish stays as manager, and Lerner progresses with his progression-free directives, could anyone really blame the player for wanting to move. Is Danny Welbeck in the England squad entirely because of his abilities, or is it in part owed to him being a Manchester United player? Is the same not true of Daniel Sturridge? These are the players that Agbonlahor now lags behind, and its horribly unfair, because he hasn’t just cashed in his commitment to Villa and gone to sit on Chelsea’s bench. But that’s football.

Difficult decisions are approaching…

http://tinyurl.com/Villa-holding-Gabby-back

Thoughts?

No one in the elite group would be remotely interested. If he moves it'll be to Sunderland to be with MON, who will match his wages and pay more than he is worth.

He's bets hope of playing for a top six club is to stay with us (and w shave no chance anytime soon). Gabby is a good player, but he's not consistently good.

I doubt he'll ever get consistency into his game, and unless he does he'd never get regular football at any of the top six. In my opinion his value is plummeting all the time, i'd say around £7.5M on todays market.

In an open market, I doubt we'd ever get a bid over 8m, 10m max for Gabby

His game is quite limited, and pace doesnt last forever (Walcott is another one who'll never kick on and be a great player)

I was actually thinking the other day if he'd actually progressed as a player since breaking through. And the only real progression I could say would be upper body strength.

His other weaknesses are still the same. His finishing is erratic (especially one on ones) and the key ingredient missing from his game is his lack of a footballing brain

That said. I like him

he's got to be better than danny welbeck.. how he gets so much time in the utd first 11 over Berbatov I'll never, ever know..

It's like Fergie wants to give Man City the league..

Compared one of the best club managers of all time who works with his own club players every day, I don't think any of us are qualified to question which players are picked.

theo might be shite but at least he knows that he has to run gabby dont even do that.

wellbeck is a lot better better than gabby, theres a reason one is playing for man utd and the other is at villa

I don't rate Wellbeck at all. I'm not saying Gabby is better then him, but I don't think they're that far apart. I can't see Wellbeck being at Man UTD for too long. Champions League quality? No chance.

Â