The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its bad enough seeing his ginger gish staring at me everytime I go on the OS, but reading this dross makes me despair:

Alex McLeish has called on his players to show "controlled aggression" over the festive period (from a manager who didnt realise we needed a DCM!)

Aston Villa chief (should be chef I think) Alex McLeish says his teams performance at Swansea has seen them regain respect after their no show at Tottenham. (really?)

Jermain Jenas and Barry Bannan have give Alex McLeish food for thought (playing midfielders in midfield possibly, a novel suggestion).

The sooner this guy goes the better..

Are you not getting bored yet?

Yes, as are the other 4-5,000 Villa Park stay aways.

Bored, with dull, uninspired, dour football from a dull, uninspiring, dour manager. You might have heard that a few times before and I cannot for the life of me understand why you are still making a case for this guy.

There is nothing good in what he does.

But its sure as hell not as bad as you make it out to be...

I am not sure what to attribute your support of the man too, but each to their own.

If you dont think its bad now, just wait a few more weeks. I see little by way of "things to look forward to".

Alex McLeish is so ugly that I cannot, literally, watch his post-match interviews. And I am totally serious.

It looks like his freckled skin is falling off his face and attacking the screen.

I'm sorry we couldn't hire a more physically attractive manager for you to ogle.

I am not sure what to attribute your support of the man too, but each to their own.

If you dont think its bad now, just wait a few more weeks. I see little by way of "things to look forward to".

I'm not sure what you think your displays of hatred and sarcasm are going to acheive, but each to their own.

If you think that moaning will change the manager or change his methods, just wait a few weeks and see whether it does. I see little point in huffing and puffing when it's down to Lerner and McLeish.

I imagine it's because wiggy's a Villa fan and AMc is the Villa manager?

Well maybe at some point he will actually start managing the team, the players and the tactics, but thanks for the factual interjection.

I didnt want the man from the outset, so far, he is delivered exactly what I expected, insepid defensive displays and a worrying lack of tactical nous.

Blind devotion is not a good trait andif you choose to support him out of obligation then thats your choice. Personally, if he left tomorrow it wouldnt be soon enough.

Alex McLeish is so ugly that I cannot, literally, watch his post-match interviews. And I am totally serious.

It looks like his freckled skin is falling off his face and attacking the screen.

I'm sorry we couldn't hire a more physically attractive manager for you to ogle.

:D though im sure if we hired Mila Kunis as manager fans would be happier and players as well :D

I have never posted a positive comment re: AM and its simply because I was shocked on several levels that he was appointed our manager and since has done nothing to really prove that the decision was a good one.

I would have taken the job if offered it myself so I can't blame him for taking the position (its a big job and certainly a step up for him) however I still as im sure are many are confused as to exactly why Randy and the board appointed him. Yes there was a statement from the club but for me it was full of hot air. You could almost write a few paragraphs about pretty much any manager to justify their appointment but under the circumstances it was hard facts and a clear reason why he was the best man for the job that we needed and wanted.

Now I nor nobody else im sure that posts on here understand the restraints under which he is operating but this said the board cannot be happy with our current performances or position, at least I hope.

I have not renewed my season ticket as my own little protest to his appointment but have been to see the team several times and have watched us every minute of every game regardless. I am a villa fan and want us to have success, I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong and AM an inspired appointment however I think its clear that this at this stage is not the case.

I hope that Randy either provides AM with the funds to bring in some players that we desperately need or replace him as as it stands all I can see is step back after step back. The top 6 have improved whilst we have gone the opposite way. Even standing still in the premier league is negative and Im concerned as to the direction we are heading.

If the targets for AVFC have changed then I would like Randy to tell us so, if we are no longer able to challenge the top 4, 6 then so be it and I would get behind the team, the manager etc 100% but as it stands today we are still under the impression that we hope to challenge these positions and play in Europe. If this is the case we are clearly failing and something must be done to address the situation. Clarity is what I would like right now...

Playing devil's advocate:

I have not renewed my season ticket as my own little protest to his appointment
Because you're not keen on the new manager you bailed out before a game was played?

I hope that Randy either provides AM with the funds to bring in some players that we desperately need
The club's good enough for Randy's cash but no longer yours?

If the targets for AVFC have changed then I would like Randy to tell us so, if we are no longer able to challenge the top 4, 6 then so be it and I would get behind the team, the manager etc 100% but as it stands today we are still under the impression that we hope to challenge these positions and play in Europe. If this is the case we are clearly failing and something must be done to address the situation. Clarity is what I would like right now...
You'd get back behind the team simply by Randy saying he's given up hope when no other owner would do that?

Now I nor nobody else im sure that posts on here understand the restraints under which he is operating but this said the board cannot be happy with our current performances or position, at least I hope.
I'm struggling to play against this as I believe everyone at the club including fans, players, coaches, manager, board and owner would prefer us to be in a better position.

I wouldn't mind him if he stopped playing motherfucking Heskey every game in midfield. I'd even put Ireland there. Btw, what ever happened to all the praise AM was giving him? Played him 2 times where he looked decent, and drops him for good, while N'Zogbia still gets a starting spot almost every game.

I wouldn't mind him if he stopped playing motherfucking Heskey every game in midfield. I'd even put Ireland there. Btw, what ever happened to all the praise AM was giving him? Played him 2 times where he looked decent, and drops him for good, while N'Zogbia still gets a starting spot almost every game.

To be fair to McGinger Ireland has never had a 'decent' game in a Villa shirt. The couple of games this year were an improvement on the total rubbish he gave us last year but he has not justified his inclusion in the starting line up. Bannan, Jenas and even Delph are light years ahead of that oxygen bandit. Ireland is a disgrace and should never wear the Villa shirt again IMO!

I recon Ireland is a great player, but not for our current style of play, as he does not track back, and his tackling is pretty poor at best. He is better formed for a free role in the midfield looking for swift passing and attacking play. Not our style right now. Bit of a glory hunter who needs cover behind him.

Seen a headline today from McLeish

"Ireland's best form is a click of the fingers away"

He always says one thing and does another like he said he would sort the defence out when he first come to the club no doubt Ireland will not start the next game Heskey will of course

But he did sort out the defence so far....

Given was a great buy, and Dunne is looking good again.

Collins is a complete and utter liability we play negative hoofball i never see us play it out of defence its always in the air and we just give away possession we cannot defend set pieces for toffee

Whenever we get put under pressure by teams with a direct style we give away silly free kicks and concede it was a problem under the houllier regime and it still has not been sorted i feel we were actually lucky that swansea played it along the ground alot as we are there for the taking for any teams that play a direct style cant wait till we play Stoke

But he did sort out the defence so far....

Given was a great buy, and Dunne is looking good again.

No he didn't, not one bit. Our defence is still dire. Last season Friedel was never a problem, so replacing him with Given while obviously a good move, did little to help. Dunne is playing better but that means little when Collins is still completely useless. Also, he brought Warnock back into the side so that's another liability. Hutton goes without saying.

Agreed Hutton has not been worth the mention he gets, but surely Mellberg played a great hoof ball, even when playing out of position at RB? I`d say we are tighter defensively than last season, which is not really that difficult TBH. Shame we cannot connect play through the pitch, as would be expected from a top flight team. Without any research or stats before me I`d guess we have let in fewer goals so far this season than the equivalent amount of games last season. Scored less too....And we beat Wigan!

Â