The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Agreed Hutton has not been worth the mention he gets, but surely Mellberg played a great hoof ball, even when playing out of position at RB? I`d say we are tighter defensively than last season, which is not really that difficult TBH. Shame we cannot connect play through the pitch, as would be expected from a top flight team. Without any research or stats before me I`d guess we have let in fewer goals so far this season than the equivalent amount of games last season. Scored less too....And we beat Wigan!
What? How are we tighter defensively? Up until the Swansea game we'd conceded at least 2 goals 5 games in a row. We're also conceding a ridiculous number of goals from set-pieces - probably about 1 a game if you average it out.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we didn`t let in 6 goals against Newcastle for starters.....
So what? That was an individual performance. We let in 4 at Man City. Besides the Swansea game, we were consistently shipping lots of goals. I really do fail to see how our defence has improves from last year.

Well we didn`t let in 6 goals against Newcastle for starters.....

We haven't played them at Sports Direct.com Arena yet though have we? Didn't we draw 1-1 last season at home?

Our defense has not really improved. We rarely keep a clean sheet and when we do it's normally in a 0-0 so doesn't really help anyway. We are crap going forward with the insistence on sticking with Heskey over Bannan/Ireland/Gardner/Albrighton and our style of play is awful to watch.

I'm dreading the game this weekend.

Our whole back four needs replacing, but to be fair to McLeish his hands are tied until the players contracts run down as nobody has shown signs of buying any of them, so we have to make do with what we have got for now. With Beye vritually gone, and Warnock's contract running down hopefully he'll have some scope to improve that area of the team in the near future (Assuming he doesn't get sacked).

playing heskey in midfield week in week has to be the most embarassing and ludicrous tactic ever employed by a Villa manager...

if he did it once away from home then i can live with that...

but we are seeing a past it striker with the stamina of an asthmatic ant regularly playing at the heart of our midfield/wing every **** week, regardless of the opposition....

it really is unforgivable

Playing devil's advocate:

I have not renewed my season ticket as my own little protest to his appointment
Because you're not keen on the new manager you bailed out before a game was played?

he has been proven right so good for him he bailed.

I hope that Randy either provides AM with the funds to bring in some players that we desperately need
The club's good enough for Randy's cash but no longer yours?

Randy Lerner ignored the fans who told him not to appoint McLeish, he stopped been the "custodian of the club" and turned it into his own plaything with no input from us. Therefore he can pick up the bill.

If the targets for AVFC have changed then I would like Randy to tell us so, if we are no longer able to challenge the top 4, 6 then so be it and I would get behind the team, the manager etc 100% but as it stands today we are still under the impression that we hope to challenge these positions and play in Europe. If this is the case we are clearly failing and something must be done to address the situation. Clarity is what I would like right now...
You'd get back behind the team simply by Randy saying he's given up hope when no other owner would do that?

Randy wouldnt say that though. But he could give us a more realistic assessment of his situation and therefore the clubs. Of course the way he ignores us and fobs us off with PR actually makes some fans want Doug back! The reality would be a "middle point" between Dougs "look at me, look at me" and Randys "im not here stop looking at me"

What we want is to hear what he wants and then we can make our minds up about him and the future.

Now I nor nobody else im sure that posts on here understand the restraints under which he is operating but this said the board cannot be happy with our current performances or position, at least I hope.
I'm struggling to play against this as I believe everyone at the club including fans, players, coaches, manager, board and owner would prefer us to be in a better position.

But only one man has the power to take action on it!

thats my bit of :twisted: 's advocate played.

playing heskey in midfield week in week has to be the most embarassing and ludicrous tactic ever employed by a Villa manager...

if he did it once away from home then i can live with that...

but we are seeing a past it striker with the stamina of an asthmatic ant regularly playing at the heart of our midfield/wing every **** week, regardless of the opposition....

it really is unforgivable

This. It's so annoying.

Lerner has no balls. A crap, spineless owner who doesn't make necessary changes unless it is forced upon him.
While it's an opinion, and fair enough for you to hold, my view is there's no evidence of this. Sure he might not have done what you or I might have wanted, but that doesn't make him spineless - it just means he has a different opinion. He's changed people at the Browns, after all. Maybe he feels he knows more about American Rugbyball than football? Maybe, as I said, he has felt that the decisions he has made NOT to sack someone, or to appoint someone unpopular show he does have a spine and other body parts mentioned.

Like I said, your opinion is what it is, but there are examples to argue that you are not right.

Our whole back four needs replacing, but to be fair to McLeish his hands are tied until the players contracts run down as nobody has shown signs of buying any of them, so we have to make do with what we have got for now. With Beye vritually gone, and Warnock's contract running down hopefully he'll have some scope to improve that area of the team in the near future (Assuming he doesn't get sacked).

You are right but I am dreading Collins, Warnock or Dunne (he is good but is already 32) getting new contracts. I was sure they were on their way out last season but then McLeish bought Hutton and now I'm not sure which kind of defender he prefers...

Not sure where we are in comparison to last season at this time - but I feel a lot more secure, that's for sure. There is no way we will be relegated, and no way that we will be involved in the scrap either. We arnt winning as much as we would like, but we arnt losing either. 3 defeats in 13 isn't all that bad. Just wish we could attack a little better.

I am accepting this as a transitional period, and want the team to develop and gel so that we can look slightly more convincing going forward.

I'm not at the Mcleish out stage - nowhere near in fact - I want to see where he can get us to finish (8th) - that will be progress on last season and I look forward to Randy supporting the manager and giving him some funds next summer once we have cleared out the shit.

How are we more secure? Our defence is no better and we're creating less chances. Not only that but McLeish has proven himself to be tactically inept. I don't think we'll get relegated either but then again the only reason why it was so close last season was because everyone was beating each other. This season there are a lot of shit teams down the bottom.

That last sentence is exactly the reason why we are more secure. There is no way we are as bad as Bolton, Wigan and Blackburn. Maybe even Sunderland as well. (for now).

He is struggling at the moment to find the right balance in the team, fair enough, but let's see what he does after 1 season and how he can change things up. I recon we will sign Zarate which will please me :) ... We won't be going down this season, but we will play shit football along the way. It's just the way it's going to be unfortunately.

Anybody else heard that Sundeland want Alex McCleish as their manager??

That would make my day, as long of course as we hold out for suitable compensation.............

......................around 70 pence should do it! :D

Â