The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Yes platt would be a nightmare move

I'm struggling to think who we should appoint next

I remember dreading the fat spanish waiter coming here, when it was mooted about all those months ago......now I'd welcome him with open arms!!

This is'nt working and we need an owner who is prepared to see that and do the necessary to put it right. Unfortunately, it may take a huge financial kick in the nads to make Lerner realise what a mistake he has made.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No man in their a correct thinking state would have brought on Heskey and played him on the wing when looking for a goal against Wigan.

It's dejavu again for him - struggling to score goals like last seasin whilst playing a defensive formation with one up front.

That Heskey sub was enough to sack him on the spot. He's making silly substitutions and saying silly things. How can he call the idea he plays defensive football a myth? Or saying he was happy with the chances we created (all three of them). Or that we play like Holland.

He's lost the fans, losing games, and he's lost his head. Trouble is the people in charge who made such a unpopular decision don't want to admit they were wrong and won't want to go through the process again seeing as they are so inept at it.

I was prepared to give him a chance and Ive tried. I don't expect us to play like Barcelona, win every game or even for the manager to like all the players.

But I do expect us to have a go. I do expect our manager to make changes if things are'n t working and I do expect our best 11 on the pitch. For those reasons I'm out and McLeish has to go for me. Who next? F**k Knows

that is exactly how i am feeling now but i do give him credit for having the balls to keep trying.

I was prepared to give him a chance and Ive tried. I don't expect us to play like Barcelona, win every game or even for the manager to like all the players.

But I do expect us to have a go. I do expect our manager to make changes if things are'n t working and I do expect our best 11 on the pitch. For those reasons I'm out and McLeish has to go for me. Who next? F**k Knows

that is exactly how i am feeling now but i do give him credit for having the balls to keep trying.

how has he "got the balls to kep trying"?

if someone is shit at their job they keep going until they get the boot as they know getting another job will be more difficult

someone good at their job but having a shit time may walk away

thats because they have the confidence that they will get employment elsewhere

oddly, i couldnt log on to villa talk from 12 mid day yesterday from my ip, yet i see the site wasnt down as i could log on from my phone

very odd, i hope it was just a coincidence rather than people running this site trying to censor or block people who dont like the shit manager we have been lumbered with.

Theres no defending this joker anymore. TacticAlly painful.

Given

Hutton--cuellar--Clark----warnock

----petrov----gardener

----------Ireland-----

Nzogbia (floating role)

----bent------gabi

This might get slightly overrun in the middle

In some games but surely against Wigan this is the sort

Of side that should start.

Players out of position all the time. Uncomfortable with the ball

Lack of movement. Just poor

Get him out

Curbs - Not a bad shout that. But didn't he once play for Birmingham City? Surely no one would accept him as the media and club tell us the only reason why mcleish is disliked is because he managed Birmingham city?

Oh right, yeah that's bollocks and it's because he couldn't win a prize on a hook a duck fairground game let alone a game of football.

It's dejavu again for him

In more ways than one! This is the time last season when Blues had some injuries from which they couldn't keep up form which would have seen them safe.

I wouldn't like to see him as manager long term but as we had an Academy midfield yesterday I'd give KMac a go until the season end.

Here is something

After 26 games

2010/11

Won: 7

Drew: 8

Lost: 11

Scored: 30

Conceded: 45

GD: -15

2011/12

Won: 6

Drew: 11

Lost: 9

Scored: 29

Conceded: 34

GD: -5

No point panicking yet, still on par compared to last season but in alot better position in terms of the league and where teams are around us.

Houllier's team was better at this stage and he had just spent £30 million in January.

yes!!! but Houllier saw what the problem was and addressed it and ended up 9th. Houllier utilised Bent, whats Mcleish excuse? Does he know how to address the problem?

Here is something

After 26 games

2010/11

Won: 7

Drew: 8

Lost: 11

Scored: 30

Conceded: 45

GD: -15

2011/12

Won: 6

Drew: 11

Lost: 9

Scored: 29

Conceded: 34

GD: -5

No point panicking yet, still on par compared to last season but in alot better position in terms of the league and where teams are around us.

Houllier's team was better at this stage and he had just spent £30 million in January.

yes!!! but Houllier saw what the problem was and addressed it and ended up 9th. Houllier utilised Bent, whats Mcleish excuse? Does he know how to address the problem?

Only good thing you can say about those stats in we're 11 goals better off in conceding but it says more about how bad the bottom teams are rather than us being better this season.

Think the site is having a few technical issues so wouldnt worry about it.

I am unable to view VT pages on laptop only on iPhone so something is up with site ?

Oh and Curbishley ! No

Just no

Just go. It's actually terrifying because not only are we playing like a team destined for relegation we also have a manager who is completely deluded. He thinks what he's doing is right and that we're just "unlucky". This is why he shouldn't be given time. What we're seeing now is how he likes things. This is his way.

Think the site is having a few technical issues so wouldnt worry about it.
It was ridiculous. I couldn't get on all yesterday afternoon/evening.

Â