The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I really hope he isn't watching this game. He'll look at what Spurs did in the first half and where they are now and think "see, this is what happens when you attack teams!".

Very good point!

His notes for next week:

Plan A: Defend

Plan B: Defend, Heskey on wing.

Plan C: Turn to plan A.

Plan D: Revert to plan B.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope he isn't watching this game. He'll look at what Spurs did in the first half and where they are now and think "see, this is what happens when you attack teams!".

Very good point!

His notes for next week:

Shit! I didn't know he had plans B, C and D!

Very good point!

His notes for next week:

Shit! I didn't know he had plans B, C and D!

It is all part of his overall plan!

I agree the chanting was disgraceful

I also think some of the verbals towards McLeish are way OTT

I thik some of the verbals McLeish comes out with are as fictional as Jules Verne.

Get this numpty out of the club as soon as possible.

Just when Nzogbia and Ireland begin to show something he alienates them and drops them in favour for the rubbish Heskey who has done absolutely nothing all season, as he is not a winger. Again this is poor management. With Bent out and Keane gone these two represent the only attacking flair we have.

i liked how in his post match speach the useless strawberry blonde bell end was saying how great our defending was at corners

w had every single player back in the box for every corner

i dont know of many other managers who employ such tactics, there is normally at least 1 player outside the box to pick up the ball if we do win the header

i also see he picked gabby as captain, no doubt the only reason for doing that was to try and deflect shot coming his way hoping that as he picked a fans favourite to captain the club people would lay off him

despite someone like given who can bark orders from the back and see the whole game in front of him, he chose gabby who he put out widde on the lef, coming back from injury and who was utter shit

also like picking 'hollywood' bannan, who seems to have been trained to only hit a ball 45 yards rather than keep it on the floor with a simple pass, odd because i remember bannan used to be quite good at picking out a slide rule pass, it is like it has been trained out of him, now each pass is in the air and trying to beat 4 players. hit pass rate must be shit for a midfielder this season.

gardener, didnt know to stick or twist. he couldnt go forwards because bannan wont defend, he didnt want to sit too deep because it stifles his game so he was left in no mans land

yesterday sums up this twunts skills as a manager, he had several attacking players to chose from, he could use any formation he liked, any tactics he liked, shit, we were playing the worst team in the league

and he plays people out of position, plays his shit tactics ruins the club every single game

every single time the camera went to show him despite what ever i was doing or thinking, my hand went up to the screen and my middle finger extended, it was automatic

so another game another shit performance another shit result 12 games left to hope the 5 shitter clubs dont pick up any more points

after that if there is no change of manager to someone who is not **** useless i will just give up, if they show the amount of disrespect they have shown so far this season then i will find other things to occupy my time because having to watch such shit week after week and see this once great clubget dragged further and further into the gutter is making me numb.

I generally think yesterday was a new low for Villa, Wigan are woeful, absolutely awful, I'm actually quite pleased we didn't get Martinez but what McLeish serves up is just dogshit. I mean we still have a sprinkling of Attacking talent but it's asked to do a covering job, The players are stifled by the tactics.

I see that a Scottish manager's team from a lower division today played Liverpool as they should be, and, arguably, should have won the match near the end of 90 minutes.

Now, that kind of Scottish manager I don't mind!

Should McLeish still be at the club next season, it will just show what a clueless, know nothing about football, Board we have. How anyone can think that he is doing a decent job for Villa is totally beyond me. It also tells me that Faulkner knows so very little about how a football club should be run and that Randy, useless selector of people he is, chose that knob to run the daily affairs of our club. Bad and sad, shit all round. This will not end well for the fans.

i liked how in his post match speach the useless strawberry blonde bell end was saying how great our defending was at corners

w had every single player back in the box for every corner

i dont know of many other managers who employ such tactics, there is normally at least 1 player outside the box to pick up the ball if we do win the header

Our last but one manager always employed that tactic. As leaving one up at corners was one of the (few) McLeish positives, in relation to what we had become accustomed to, it's a shame if this has been abandoned as well.

Should McLeish still be at the club next season, it will just show what a clueless, know nothing about football, Board we have. How anyone can think that he is doing a decent job for Villa is totally beyond me. It also tells me that Faulkner knows so very little about how a football club should be run and that Randy, useless selector of people he is, chose that knob to run the daily affairs of our club. Bad and sad, shit all round. This will not end well for the fans.

Villa has been through at least as bad situations before in the club's existence, but I doubt (unless great changes are made in the board and in the management) that the situation this time will be as rectifiable. In 1968, the situation was changed by a revolution, but unless I'm mistaken I cannot see another of that type occurring or Randy selling up.

On the playing front, Keane has gone, Bent is broken and Dunne is done for the rest of the season. On top of that we are told that Gabby is being held back by an injury (to be sorted in the summer), Clark is out and Petrov was also missing yesterday. Nzog and Ireland look as though they are being treated as sinners. And then there's the question of AM-not's tactics - simply to play to not lose and grab a win if possible.

Being rid of AM-not is one thing, but the big question - now being accepted by more and more fans as the weeks roll by - is, "does the board need a make-over?" I think a lot of people would be happy for Lerner to stay, but it's the question of the kind of decisions that have been made at the board level that seem to have caused the club's current situation.

I hear that Ian Taylor would be very happy to play a role on the board. However, whether Ian Taylor would be enough to redress the balance on the board is a moot point. Perhaps Graham Taylor is needed as well - in fact as many Taylors as are needed to mend things!! Jokes aside, the imbalance on the Villa board is frightening i.m.o. and does need addressing.

Perhaps it needs a polite letter with plenty of signatures to be addressed to the owner?

also like picking 'hollywood' bannan, who seems to have been trained to only hit a ball 45 yards rather than keep it on the floor with a simple pass, odd because i remember bannan used to be quite good at picking out a slide rule pass, it is like it has been trained out of him, now each pass is in the air and trying to beat 4 players. hit pass rate must be shit for a midfielder this season.

hollywoodbannan.png

I can't wait for Hollywood Bannan to give McLeish the Leg Drop of Doom then spray painting 'NWO' over his back.

The comment he came out with yesterday about poor finishing and being happy with the chances we had was nothing short of a disgrace. He often uses this line. It's like he wants us to have some sub-human shot-to-goal ratio. We only had 3 shots on goal all match. I'm sure the average for one goal must be what 7 or 8 shots?

What happened to the football we were playing against QPR and Newcastle? He came out after QPR saying he didn't ask his players to play like that and some guff about possession being no good without goals.

Were Ireland and co revolting and playing their own way?

I was watching Liverpool earlier and I don't think I had so much jubilation as I did for the Cardiff goal then I have done all season apart from the Chelsea game. A shocking realisation of how bad we've been and we're only getting worth. We've literally had nothing to shout about for 6 months now, the games haven't even been exciting bar one or two. I feel for the fans who have splashed out going to all the away games this season, although it's been a tiny bit better than the home form I don't think I could manage traveling down back from a McLeish performance.

Next week is huge, I kind of worry because it seems to me Kean wants it more, apart from v Man City he sets his team out to attack and win even if his tactics are terrible. If they do that against us and take one chance I can't see where we go from there if Bent is out injured and we have an out of form Gabby up front.

I've only supported the club properly for about 13 years, but I think this has been the worst its been for me.

The guy really is a complete and utter joke

Some of the drivel he comes out with in his post match interviews are laughable at best i keep hearing people saying he's a nice guy

Ever heard the expression nice guys finish last? I think even McLeish would fail to do that the bloke's a complete and utter loser

If the booing is affecting him i hope it continues louder next time please so his ears bleed

Anything to get that walking disaster of a football manager out of our football club

Christ, only just noticed we have 1 less point than Blues did at same games last season. Thank god the standard in this years Premier League is so poor. Blues had 30 points after 26 games, we have 29. The parallels are becoming uncanny.

The problem is McCleish is utterly terrorfied of losing and part of the problem is every time we have tried to be creative and play Ireland, Nzogbia etc we have lost through individual defensive errors. McCleish associates creative midfield play with loss he just has no clue how to get the right balance in the side.

hollywoodbannan.png

I can't wait for Hollywood Bannan to give McLeish the Leg Drop of Doom then spray painting 'NWO' over his back.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I can't wait for the day he scores and then gets booked for ripping his shirt open.

"You know something Mean Shreeves!? It was the power of all the little Bannamaniacs that won me this MOTM Champagne. Whattcha gonna 442 when the Villa run wild over you rrrraawwrrr!"

I see that a Scottish manager's team from a lower division today played Liverpool as they should be, and, arguably, should have won the match near the end of 90 minutes.

Now, that kind of Scottish manager I don't mind!

I was thinking exactly that as I was watching the penalty shoot-out!

Problem is, Malky doesn't have Premier League experience :D

Â