The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke, what annoys me is how stupid are the people interviewing him.. How many times in the last few weeks has he said he is "shouldering the blame for the players", why in every interview isn't anyone asking "If you are shouldering the blame why are you telling me its their fault?".

As for not being a bad manager overnight, he is right, it started at Rangers.

Randy didn't listen last summer, we as fans need to make him listen this time.

There should be a widespread boycott of the new kits, all merchandise, season tickets and friendlies until he is removed from the job.

"Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players, I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to back me. I have no reason to think I won't be (Villa manager next season). We've got through a really tough season. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager and I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight."

1. From the evidence of the last few seasons that was a trademark "Alex McLeish" team. From 14 players used today, there were 7 defenders and a keeper

2. You can't take the fans booing 'for the sake of the players', because they are booing you you clueless prick. The clue that abuse is aimed at you is that it contains your name after the word 'sack'

3. You haven't turned into a bad manager overnight as you have always been a bad manager, a rank awful disgrace of a terrible, clueless manager.

If he doesn't get sacked, i swear to god....

There should be a widespread boycott of the new kits, all merchandise, season tickets and friendlies until he is removed from the job.

Agreed. I don't give a **** if it makes us look "smalltime". This is our club on the line here.

The guys a prick.

If RL keeps faith with him I am done with football.

He's trying to blame the players for the poor season so hes now pulling the "I need funds to build my team" card.

I feel sick thinking he could stay.

I think its already happening.

I think he will be gone next week as his position now is simply untenable.

His policy of publicly blaming the players whist taking no responsibility himself pretty much kills the notion he is a 'nice bloke'. He is a piss poor manager, always was and always will be. Its just a shame he has to conclusively prove it as our manager

What a dickhead.

How to get a result at Carrow Road? I know, I'll put WARNOCK ON THE WING AND PUT OUT SEVEN DEFENDERS.

What a dickhead.

What a **** dickhead.

Sack this useless lying shit immediately. I'm not going near Villa Park next season if this useless lump is there.

I'm not even thinking that I'm getting sucked into knee-jerk reactions...

What do you mean it wasn't an Alex McLeish team? We've been losing and drawing all season! You've been putting out a billion defenders per match every game! This has got your **** awful tactics written ALL OVER IT

What a **** dickhead.

I just want to understand one thing about AMc, what does HE take responsibility for?

if it's not the fact we play horrid football?

Listening to the radio, Villa's boring play is joke around the league, its not just us Villa fans.

Surely he didn't say that. The guys clearly trying to save his job with the frantic excuses. It's quite sad to watch really. If Lerner has even an ounce of sense he won't buy it and will sack him. If he doesn't, we should boycott him too.

Time to play you're the boss:

You're 2 nil down with 15 mins to go in an end of season nothing match away from home. You currently have 7 defenders on the field.

Your left winger (who is actually a Left Back) in injured. Do you:

a) bring on an inexperienced CB. Play him at LB. Promoting the current LB (who is a RB) to Left Wing.

B) play a young inexperienced attacking midfielder who needs game time and looked promising away at the champions a few weeks back.

c) bring on your 10m marquee signing, who happens to be a winger.

????

"Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players, I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to back me. I have no reason to think I won't be (Villa manager next season). We've got through a really tough season. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager and I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight."

If he doesn't get sacked, i swear to god....

I swear this is some kind of joke. No chairman could allow a single member of his staff to make he fans puss boil so much!

We might have players with terrible attitudes, we might have kids that simply aren't good enough to compete at this level. However I will never, ever, accept a team set up with seven defenders, an entire bypass of any sort of midfield play and the general ethos of playing for a draw and smashing and grabbing the odd win as a bonus. I cannot accept this and this is the managers fault. Nobody else's.

For the first time in a very long time concerning football, I am pretty angry. I'm just praying he is sacked, and is sacked now. We cannot waste any time in the rebuilding of this football team. It has to start now.

Â