The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

James Nursey (of Mirror) all but confirms he's going nowhere:

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

@tahirtaz #AVFC say that story is incorrect & are unhappy. Club reckon they want stability/continuity so no plans to dispense with McLeish

James Nursey @JamesNursey

That steer from #AVFC certainly fits with what I am hearing from behind scenes as McLeish busy lining up new players for next season

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish faces a fight to hold onto his job as owner Randy Lerner plans a summer shake-up. The American wants to appoint a director of football, and is considering naming a new manager to work underneath him

Here

I know it's the Daily Star, but we can't but hope.

Its that word "CONSIDERING" which concerns me.. How on earth would a newspaper know what somebody is considering? What did Randy tell them? Or have they used it as a kind of disclaimer so when nothing happens they just say " ah but he was only considering it so he must have decided not to"?

Sounds like hogwash to me & simply putting 2 & 2 together... Big team struggling with a disenchanted fan base & flirting with relegation = !!!!!!

I reckon i should get a job at a red top :lol:

In RL's reign when has ever gave out stuff to the press like this? exactly and it would not be to the Star of all papers.

Even if this was some stunt to increase season ticket sales its to weak to be RL as he would not want to take his managers thoughts away from the game. Nothing to see here.

AM is going nowhere, He was forced upon us like a Chelsea Player on a drunk girl and we have to just accept it, at least my money wont be going towards this next season.

Checking back through - this was reported on VT messageboards about a week ago. Graham Taylor and David Platt was the combination mentioned then - it sounded far fetched then - but it would be in line with Lerner wanting try a new approach - would be greeted pretty well with villa fans.

it could also mean no place for Faulkner.

Be interesting to see what the club do - if they issue a vote of confidence in Mcleish - it will likley only fan the flames further.

I've been thinking about McLeish's record. He draws lots of games and it looks like Villa are on course for around 38 points at best, which is an average of a draw per game. With that in mind, maybe UB40 could re-record their famous hit 1 in 10 and dedicate it to Mcleish - One in Three

I am a 1 in 3, a draw is all I need.

I am a 1 in 3, even though a win exists.

Nobody wants me, but I am still there,

A monumental blunder by Randy who doesn't care!

Bloody UB40! Is everything about this manager linked to Blues :D

Agree with Risso just the 1st and 2nd lines to rhyme and it could be a catchy winner. So the complete opposite of McLeish.

Dudes, the opening lines of the original didn't rhyme either, hence mine don't! :-)

However. if you want them to rhyme how's about:

I am a 1 in 3, a draw is all I need.

I am a 1 in 3, a win could mean that I succeed

Any better?

The lion dies screaming,

no more dreaming,

@tahirtaz #AVFC say that story is incorrect & are unhappy. Club reckon they want stability/continuity so no plans to dispense with McLeish

That steer from #AVFC certainly fits with what I am hearing from behind scenes as McLeish busy lining up new players for next season

But no employer is going to publicly sya "yes one of our employees is shit and we are going to dump him at the earliest possible opportunity" are they?

Hopefully this will be the dreaded vote of confidence.

If that's the case then it's time for the fans to get fu***ng nasty, no more pussy footing around with either Lerner / McLeish / Faulkner, let these bastards know how we really feel.

"Our Villa in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

Though Championship come,

Thou must Bin Dunne,

with our dirth of a first eleven.

Give us no more our daily dread,

and forgive us our negativity,

as we forgive those who score 5 against us.

And lead us not into relegation,

but deliver us from McLeish. Amen"

Seem to remember Houllier lining up players from his sick bed - with GMAC checking them out.

Under pressure managers often like to play the business as usual card.

He's going IMO

"Our Villa in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

Though Championship come,

Thou must Bin Dunne,

with our dirth of a first eleven.

Give us no more our daily dread,

and forgive us our negativity,

as we forgive those who score 5 against us.

And lead us not into relegation,

but deliver us from McLeish. Amen"

:notworthy:

Our father, William mcgreger

He gave villa our name

To the championship we come

Though it must be done

To get that useless ginger spud faced rocket polisher out of our club.

Ah men.

My opinion - I was shocked when he was first appointed. Not the greatest move by the club but I was willing to back him as I could see he had technically better players than he had at SMA.

However - a number of games in and I have to say I think I would have preferred to see Sunday football. There was just nothing about the team, no cohesion, nothing! Then I went to the WBA game and I can honestly say from someone who has been going to games since 84, I, for the first time wanted to leave early. From someone who berates fans for not staying to the bitter end tells you something.

Then around Xmas I feel we started to play more of a passing game, this is the only time I thought we turned a corner, then it went totally flat and I have seen nothing since.

Comments from AM after the Fulham game giving a slight dig at the fans and the comments after the Arsenal game quote 'Realistically it was always a tall order to get anything from here' was the last straw for me. I'm surprised the away fans didn't demand a refund from Villa after that comment.

Anywway he has had a season under his belt, and the football has not improved in the slightest. The club keep saying we have excellent kids, well under this manager we are dangerously close to coaching their footballing skills out of them. I really hope he walks away or the board sack. But for me it is just not about AM and Grant, its also about Paul Faulkner, for him to make the appointment in the first place based on a letter from Hairdryer and a CV that shouts nothing has to be questioned. He simply has to go as well!!!!

Sadly unless we fans let the club know our feelings (and not just by boycotting games - season tickets because they can dismiss that as being a sign of the economic climate the world is in) then Mr McLeish will be here next season pure and simple.

Lerner will gamble that the lost revenue from attendances etc will be less than the cost of compensation for not only sacking McLeish but for the former club of the new man coming in.

He has lost interest and wants out and his lack of actions at the end of the season will be a big bold **** Off to the fans from our current steward (not owner)

Oh and anybody waiting until after the Spurs game to vent their spleen at McLeish when they do their lap of dishonour round VP might like to see when the club announce that they have been advised by the Police for security reasons not to do one......

As part of a protest, which I think needs to commence in full ferocity at the Sunderland game, we could all wait around at the end of the Spurs game for the lap of honour and once McLeish and the players come out onto the pitch we then all **** off home.

Long and loud all game long "we don't want McLeish, we don't want McLeish". The players are playing badly anyway, so it'll make no difference to their performance at all. In fact, one never knows, it might shake them up a bit.

Â