The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ people, lighten up. Alex McLeish deserves credit today.

Anyone who can't see that is just sad and bitter

So he does.

Whoopdy-****-do Alex. Well done matey. I make that 5-for-28 in games this season where you deserve some kind of credit for the result.

Top bloke. New contract beckons.

Edit - Bitter? Yes. I can't stand the bloke. Terrible manager, liar and a filthy nose to boot. Yes we won today, but I've become so embittered with the club that I haven't been able to enjoy it. In fact, I only just looked up the result.

Thanks Alex. Thanks a bunch.

Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it

Not afraid to play the kids

Not afraid to use subs

Hutton & Zog his signings starting to look the part

Stephen Ireland transformed under Alex

Acting like a clearing in the woods on MOTD. Well done, it's only taken you till March to make a sub that works.

We were one loss away from breaking the club record for consecutive home losses. We were 2 mins away from setting a new club record for consecutive home games without a win. He got it right today for once and acts like a big time smug clearing in the woods in his interview.

**** off you ginger word removed!!!

And **** off Lerner for hiring him.

His comments on MOTD annoyed me, 'I hope the fans enjoyed the substitutions', stop trying to win one over against us and concentrate on winning games and maybe we'd appreciate things more
Seemed like a subtle dig to me. Looked pretty smug about it. As we won though I think I'm gonna let that one slide.

Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it

Not afraid to play the kids

Not afraid to use subs

Hutton & Zog his signings starting to look the part

Stephen Ireland transformed under Alex

Err, what? You make it sound as if we've been slowly improving in the past few months. :?

Words fail me

Why?

Look how close we came to breaking two shocking club records.

Look at our results

Look at the drop in attendances.

No idea why you continue to love him and nothing about today changes what's happened before and nothing about to day makes me think we will be anything but a bottom half of the table club under him.

After a shocking season he's got the nerve to be a word removed after a last minute win. His word removed like personality will stop the fans getting behind him along with his shit style of football and crap results. No doubt Lerner will give him a pay rise though like he did for getting his last team relegated for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Words fail me

Why?

Look how close we came to breaking two shocking club records.

Look at our results

Look at the drop in attendances.

No idea why you continue to love him and nothing about today changes what's happened before and nothing about to day makes me think we will be anything but a bottom half of the table club under him.

After a shocking season he's got the nerve to be a word removed after a last minute win. His word removed like personality will stop the fans getting behind him along with his shit style of football and crap results. No doubt Lerner will give him a pay rise though like he did for getting his last team relegated for the 2nd time in 3 years.

The amount he stick he got for making the N'Zogbia change in particular i think his entitled to feel a little smug that the three players he bought on contributed in the goal.

Even if at the time i thought taking Zog off was the wrong choice.

McLeish really had no right to make that comment after numerous ridiculous substitutions in the past.

Indeed it's as though he is trying his upmost to turn the fans against him with his shite football and equally shite bollocks he talks after the game. He is never gonna work as Villa manager. Acting all smug when he's make one change that worked and forgetting the 100s that didn't and cost uspoints (such as last week) he would be much better fir it.

Which posters predicted a loss today ?

Quite a few if you look at the game thread but more predicted a draw. Can't blame them for that with the way things have been going this season. I didn't predict anything going into the game but if I had it would have been a draw also.

AM hasn't made too many friends with his negative team selection and tactics this season. I think we got the rub of the green today in front of goal that we haven't had much this season. A bit more of that and I think we would have won our last two game because overall I think we have shaded both games.

The real test will start now. One win must lead to two and then the run of games against the top half of the table. If he can come out of the next 6 game with 9 points and some strong performances some opinions may start to change. If he can continue to have the players stay more attack minded it can still be entertaining in defeat.

We (those who post on VT) are the minority when it comes to Villa's fan base so if a few decide not to renew their season tickets it will be the same as when Villa haven't be doing well in the past. Actually it is the same for prertty much all clubs when they are doing poorly fans drift away. They will then come back when things are going well. Some fans will always find something to moan about while others will find something to cheer. Being a football supporter isn't an easy job and just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them any less a supporter.

UTV!

Have just watched the game again on Football First and AM's comments ref subs were total bullshit! He treats the fans like idiots.

Yes I am very, very happy that we won, but to claim some kind of masterstroke in putting Weimann on is a total ****** joke!

We have had go suffer his negative crap all season and he now expects us to accept that he is a tactical genius - the bloke is clearly delusional!

I agree but if the first happens with out the second then we will end up with another **** up appointment like the last two. I was hoping things would improve when Houllier was rightly given the boot but with today's win it means that McLeish just matched what Houllier achieved in his 28 games in charge, all be it with a poorer squad.

Â