The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Arsenal put a bid in though but it was rejected by Bolton over the summer.

He will leave in Jan in my opinion, or else they risk losing him on a free I think in the summer.. I think he'll go Arsenal.

And if theres one thing Arsene knows its how to spot a good defender

Mertesacker isn't as bad as some people make out (yes he lacks pace) but he is in the germany squad and it isn't because they lack quality defenders or need to make up numbers, Vermaelen is quality and is easily better then what we have currently at this club imo.. he is very hit and miss when it comes to defenders but it's more how they defend as a unit that is just as bad as some of his purchases.

Come on mate, youre excusing it by saying Mertesacker isnt as bad as people make out, that might be but he is still isnt a very good defender. Then you say its how they defend as a unit, well that maybe as well but the amount of cock ups his defenders make and the amount of times they are wildly out of position is evidence enough to see the defenders he has bought are generally poor.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

except for Vermaelen, Campbell, Gallas and Toure his centre half signings have been poor. Mertesacker is in Germany squad by default as except for Hummels and maybe Howedes they are not many great defenders. With good central defenders they would have won WOrld Cup

Cahill is overrated and reason he playing for Bolton and when he leaves he will end up at somebody like Everton or Sunderland.

As mentioned earlier Spurs, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool needed defenders in last 3 years and none went for him and Bolton would bite any offer over 10 milion

Mertesacker is in Germany squad by default as except for Hummels and maybe Howedes they are not many great defenders. With good central defenders they would have won WOrld Cup

I'm inclined to agree, Mertesacker was in shocking form for a loooong time for Bremen. Aside from Hummels there's a seeming lack of top-quality German CB's (not saying there aren't good ones, but in the so called "world-class" department they've definitely been lacking in recent times). They'll definitely be hoping for good things from the likes of Wollscheid and Stefan Bell in the coming years.

Not sure discussions on defenders has much to do with the thread title but hey....

As far as I am can remember (sky sports were running something) Spurs were very close to signing Cahill on transfer deadline day, but Bolton pulled plug last minute. Harry was very upset about it from all understanding as he really rates him.

• 2 weeks later...

I think every villan will agrre when you go to any side you should attack we didnt ATTACK and we didnt defend, I think AM is a useless manager who should stick to Championship manager on the PC cos he cant do it in real life. He plays Cueller Right Back when hes a centre half, he plays Alan Mutton dressed as lamb Right wing when he is a fullback, he plays Heskey on the wing and Gabby as a playmaker, Just get real AM, your team is awful and I think Championship beckons for the villa as much as my heart breaks that is a FACT

well I was very surprised when I saw the bizarre line-up tonight. and I wasn't surprised to see it fail spectacularly, to be honest. You gotta blame Eck for setting up the team poorly, and apparently not even instilling the slightest belief that we could win the game. Dire

The blokes a buffoon. Tactically inept. For as long as i have been watching football experts far better placed than me have generally stated you should play players in there position. A forward on the wing, a full back in midfield.

Unfortunately having read Lerners article he is'nt going anywhere.....and as a club, neither are we.

Â