The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Pires for instance was a world class technical player, he wasnt bought in to play 100% of games week in week out, he was bought in to help coach players like Bannan and co' It was so the training ground had better pedigree amongst our young emerging players to learn from

I think maybe super houllier should probably have told him this. Wasn't pires complaining about lack of playing time last season? Funny that as he was signed as a mentor.

Makoun is a top 4 player

Yes, that's clearly true and why he is sitting on the bench in the super league in Greece.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the things I learned from reading this thread

Jean Makoun should be playing in the CL instead of riding the bench in Greece :lol:

Deschamps, currently 9th in Ligue 1, is a good scout :lol:

France has topped Spain and Brazil as the dominant country for developing players :lol:

The amount of shite being spouted on here is unbelievable...

nothing more needs to be said.

What was the league record signing when Viera was bought for £3.5m? £12m? £15m?

What wages did he offer him when he signed? How does that compare to other clubs? To our wage structure now let alone back then?

Wenger is good, I dont dispute that but he's still paid decent money for players either in fees or wages, money that Villa doesn't have right now.

SO to use Wenger as the basis for the argument that Deschamps could turn Villa into a dominant team in Europe doesn't wash with me.

I dont get your argument, Wenger brought a philosophy to Arsenal that eclipsed George Grahams 1-0 to the Arse structure.

Did he spend money wisely, you bet your arse he did.

I would much rather us be discussing a manager such as Deschamps than a run of the mill, predictable manager like McLeish.

2 goals yesterday both from wide areas..And both scored by Darren Bent. = we need to use the width and do this more often..I would swap Heskey and have Albrighton on instead..This would give N'Zogbia and Gabby both a more free'ish role to either go wide or come inside..

My summary of Mcleash so far is i Expected him to sort out the defence b4 anything, you can see that defence is still work in progress but getting there. What has shocked me is that he seems to be working alot on getting the forwards working together with the wingers/midfield and we are starting to look dangerous in attack.

in last 2 games we have scored 5 but could have been 7 or 8 tbh

Just shows how much we still rely on Petrov. We have no-one to replace him properly when he has to go off as yesterday.

Would love to see get Delph get a chance alongside a DCM (Herd or possibly Clark). I think he would flourish in such a set up as he did when we played Man U at VP 18 months ago.

Some people really want him to fail...During the game Nzog went down the right wing and bent and gabby hadn't got into the box yet (about 60 min mark). One bloke behind he started shouting...."there is no one in the box sort it out mcleish"......Now I'm sorry but how the hell is that Mcleish's fault...players were making runs they just hadnt got to the box yet...pathetic

Some people really want him to fail...During the game Nzog went down the right wing and bent and gabby hadn't got into the box yet (about 60 min mark). One bloke behind he started shouting...."there is no one in the box sort it out mcleish"......Now I'm sorry but how the hell is that Mcleish's fault...players were making runs they just hadnt got to the box yet...pathetic

....it takes all sorts.

but remember when a fan has it in for a player, it affects his judgement negatively... equally when a fan favours a player it has the same affect on his judgement, he see's no wrong.

we are generally all as bad as one another.

I don't mind him to be honest. Even though I was pissed he put Heskey in midfield again, it actually worked out nicely. Plus, we're improving slightly with every game because he seems to be honest enough with himself to admit his mistakes and learn from em.

Â