Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

I think it's because if you took Albrighton off, we'd completely lose any width. There'd be no-one out wide on the touchline pulling the opposition's defence wider, meaning the game would become very narrow and it would be easy for them to close off a 0-0 draw. Even with Albrighton overhitting crosses, he still keeps the game more open than N'Zogbia, who naturally drifts into the middle.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with darrenm.

Also, I think Albrighton was just trying harder. Thought N'Zogbia had some nice touches but he looked a bit half-baked and uncommitted to me. The reason we won was because we had some young players on the field who don't know when they're beaten and play their hearts out until the very last minute.

Agree with darrenm.

Also, I think Albrighton was just trying harder. Thought N'Zogbia had some nice touches but he looked a bit half-baked and uncommitted to me. The reason we won was because we had some young players on the field who don't know when they're beaten and play their hearts out until the very last minute.

It doesnt matter how hard Allbrighton tries. He has been total dross for over 12 months now.

Charles N’Zogbia has admitted he is unhappy with his role at Aston Villa, and has had communication problems with manager Alex McLeish.

The winger, signed for £10m from Wigan last summer, has failed to make a significant impact at Villa Park, and has not been an automatic first-team choice this season.

In an interview with L’Equipe, the Frenchman explained: “I was bought for 11.3 million euros (£10m) and I am not playing. I still think I make the right choice, but speaking about the game, it doesn’t fit.

“I’m not exactly jubilant. I like to go forward, but here they ask me to defend more than attack.”

N’Zogbia also responded feistily to McLeish’s suggestion that he should focus more on football than expensive cars.

He said: “If I get paid, I can do what I want with my money. He’s not my father to tell me what I should do. He doesn’t know where I come from.

“McLeish and I had problems of communication. We discussed it, and we put our bad feelings to one side.”

Eurosport

Sad to see our attacking players feeling stifled. This is one of the main reasons why I want AM to go. What's so hard about letting these players express themselves? Why so afraid to lose?

seems mcleishs man management is also shit. Saying stuff like you should concentrate more on football than expensive cars doesn't seem like the most inspirational of pep talks to me.

I imagine most of the players just think he is a word removed like the blues players did.

In fairness, I think it is accepted nowin football that when the TIME IS RIGHT all players have to defend. Once Ashley Young made that part of his game he improved all round to be a better team player. It's no good just poncing around the front if the defenders need help - and one thing is sure our defence does need bloody help

seems mcleishs man management is also shit. Saying stuff like you should concentrate more on football than expensive cars doesn't seem like the most inspirational of pep talks to me.

I imagine most of the players just think he is a word removed like the blues players did.

and he is spot on. this is reason many football fans are alienated with football

reminds me of the dylan moran sketch about attitudes to rich people doing all and sundry, like giving cocaine to hookers. " Well what else are you supposed to give them?! I've got a yoghurt! Do you want some? it's granola and everything!."

they've got shitbombs of money, they're going to spend it on something, and will spend it, just because they've got the money to do so, they're idiots, but also human.

In fairness, I think it is accepted nowin football that when the TIME IS RIGHT all players have to defend. Once Ashley Young made that part of his game he improved all round to be a better team player. It's no good just poncing around the front if the defenders need help - and one thing is sure our defence does need bloody help

But he says he is being asked to defend more than attack, is it no wonder we don't have many players forward and more behind the ball?

Our attacking players should feel free to attack and not restricted.

Of course, the defending thing is a myth according to the holy ginger one.

and he is spot on. this is reason many football fans are alienated with football

no he isn't. a manager should encourage and inspire his players to get the best out of them.

Mcleish doesn't drive about in a cheap car. pot, kettle springs to mind. the man is an idiot

However unhappy he is, I feel it is unprofessional for players or managers to be publically critical, it helps nobody.

Couldn't agree more. Clearly theres a talented player in there, and theres no question that AMc and his dutch football system have done players like Ireland, Bent, Gabby and NZog no favors. BUT, I've got to say I don't care for N'Zogbia he seems to be constantly moaning everywhere he goes and never seems to be happy. He's got a bad attitude IMO and hopefully if we have a real manager come in this summer he'll sit Charles down and have a chat and quickly realize that he's not up for it. On top of that his form has been awful all year and now he complains about not playing? what has he done to deserve more playing time? if he was at a club that wasn't so desperate for attacking options between his form and his moaning I have a feeling he'd be training with the reserves.

Working under McLeish would be a stiff challenge to the professionalism of any footballer. An egotistical showoff with a troublesome streak being crowbarred into McLeish's 'Dutch' 10-0-0 formations was never going to end well.

Â