Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

• 3 weeks later...

He's a completely different type of player to Bannan though, both have their merits. Gardner is a good player, but I would think that he is really going to struggle to make a top level career for himself following two major injuries at a crucial age. He is a prime example of a player who has stood head and shoulders above the majority of his peers through U16, U18 and reserve team football, only to have something out of his control take away his opportunity to convert that promising youth career into something of note at senior level.

He's a completely different type of player to Bannan though, both have their merits. Gardner is a good player, but I would think that he is really going to struggle to make a top level career for himself following two major injuries at a crucial age. He is a prime example of a player who has stood head and shoulders above the majority of his peers through U16, U18 and reserve team football, only to have something out of his control take away his opportunity to convert that promising youth career into something of note at senior level.

Wilshere got a couple of Injuries, so there may be some hope..

SGC, you watch the reserves don't you. What do you make of this player (GG) ?

Don't rate him to be honest, think he's only slightly better than bannan, he wouldn't get in our current midfield

Didnt he get in our midfield last season when it was probably stronger? Certainly no worse. 

If he cant get in our current midfield - then he must be absolute horse shit.

Don't rate him to be honest, think he's only slightly better than bannan, he wouldn't get in our current midfield

Didnt he get in our midfield last season when it was probably stronger? Certainly no worse.

I think that was due to injuries, he was absolutely awful when he did play in my opinion

I think that was due to injuries, he was absolutely awful when he did play in my opinion

No I totally agree, but that doesnt make him any worse than the current midfield imo and thats probably where we will disagree on this.

No I totally agree, but that doesnt make him any worse than the current midfield imo and thats probably where we will disagree on this.

He's certainly worse than Westwood and delph imo

• 4 weeks later...
Â