Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Not a great loss for us this season, but a great shame for him. Longer term it puts his development back again. From what I've seen I'm not particularly gutted - :oops: is that bad of me?

Daniel Johnson is the better player IMO, and he rightly goes up the pecking order now.

This is absolutely terrible news! The only upside with having such a thin squad, is the youngsters gets matches and develops faster. And now the possibly most talented of the bunch is going to be set back for a year. Feel sorry for the boy.

Such a shame for one of the brighter prospect's at the club. It's bad enough to get one of these injuries but two is bloody awful, especially at a young age.

I know opinion is split on here but I thought he was going to be one of the best player's at this club in the next few season's, well he still might be but it will be very difficult now.

As someone who has seen a sport career (albeit a much lesser one) end through knee injury, I can totally sympathise.

I know a lot has been done to improve the rehab on this kind of injury in the last few years, and he'll get the best treatment, but the knees are the most critical part of a sports persons body - they're the hardest to fix once they go and it completely dibilitates you.

Stay strong GG, this will your biggest test of all.

He'll come back, he'll be ok. Knee injuries aren't the end any more like they used to be 15-20 years ago. Just halts his development a bit more. If he's quality he will make it. On the bright side Daniel Johnson moves up in the pecking order, as I think he should have anyway on Gardners poor showings.

Gutted.

In a weird sort of way - the fact that he hadn't shown much at first team level -led me to believe we hadn't seen the real Gary Gardner yet - so I hoped he would shine this season.

Gotta be a question mark about whether he can come back from this - as this level - 2 major injuries in 3 years - gotta be 50/50

Best of Luck Fella....

Â