Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

What roadoftrinity said basically. The only time i've seen him play is in the first team and am yet to see anything that makes me think he is worthy of the hype. However thats not to say he is rubbish and im writing him off as hes still young

Its about time he showed something. The worst thing is that against west ham he came on and he wasnt even ok, he was bloody awful

somebody still hasn't answered my question which speaks volumes

What is this guy actually good at doing?

What are his attributes?

Coz i cant think of any

His drive in the middle of the park, very similar to Milner / Gerrard in this respect.

He can take a very good shot from outside the box

His passing is good, he's no Xavi or Iniesta and doesn't exactly make Hollywood passes but he can move the ball about if needed (not yesterday i admit)

He can take a sublime freekick.

Most importantly to us, he makes late runs into the box and can score with his head, something our midfield has lacked for a while.

thanks mate

your the only person to actually answer sensibly without putting "but don't let that stop you from saying he is shit" on the end.

I'm not writing the guy off neither do i enjoy putting our young players down but i have simply not seen anything from him to suggest he will be a major player for us...

i do however look forward to seeing him show some of the things you have said above this season...

coz if he can do that then we definitely need him

What are his attributes?

Coz i cant think of any

His drive in the middle of the park, very similar to Milner / Gerrard in this respect.

His passing is good, he's no Xavi or Iniesta and doesn't exactly make Hollywood passes but he can move the ball about if needed (not yesterday i admit)

Most importantly to us, he makes late runs into the box and can score with his head, something our midfield has lacked for a while.

thanks mate

your the only person to actually answer sensibly without putting "but don't let that stop you from saying he is shit" on the end.

I'm not writing the guy off neither do i enjoy putting our young players down but i have simply not seen anything from him to suggest he will be a major player for us...

i do however look forward to seeing him show some of the things you have said above this season...

You have already slated him though and tried to compare him to Gerrard even though he suffered a knee ligament injury at the age of 17. I'm not on a better fan than you trip here but it would help if people giving him stick had actually watched him for more than a few fleeting appearances.

What are his attributes?

Coz i cant think of any

thanks mate

You have already slated him though and tried to compare him to Gerrard even though he suffered a knee ligament injury at the age of 17. I'm not on a better fan than you trip here but it would help if people giving him stick had actually watched him for more than a few fleeting appearances.

if you read back you will notice i haven't tried to compare him to Gerrard....

another poster compared him to Gerrard and said he is the closest thing we have to him...

i replied saying that he was nothing like him as Gerrard was becoming a stand out player at 19

I haven't saw anything in him to date nowhere near as good as his brother was in my opinion at that age if we are drawing a comparison .

Spoke with a lad who has watched him all the way through a real fanatical Villa supporter and hid words are ringing true ' simply not good enough at this level '

He has had 10 to 15 minutes for me at Chelsea and even then he should have scored , hope he turns out ok and too early just to say let go . So far though nothing to shout about

I haven't saw anything in him to date nowhere near as good as his brother was in my opinion at that age if we are drawing a comparison .

Spoke with a lad who has watched him all the way through a real fanatical Villa supporter and hid words are ringing true ' simply not good enough at this level '

He has had 10 to 15 minutes for me at Chelsea and even then he should have scored , hope he turns out ok and too early just to say let go . So far though nothing to shout about

Agreed MM

Certainly worth persisting with for a bit yet, but he cant be another one of these who we hang on to for years in some desperate hope he is going to somehow turn into a superstar.

For me, Craig showed more promise - However (and Ill try my best to make this make sense), I think its easier to step up to this level with Craig's more robust/headless chicken style of play than Gary's 'coasting' (and I dont mean that in a bad way) through games style.

Scans have confirmed that Gary Gardner suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in his right knee during the Professional Development League U21 game against Stoke on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old midfield player will undergo surgery and he faces being sidelined for eight to nine months.

"It's a blow and it's definitely a blow for the lad but he's very positive and he'll get great attention all the way through his rehab," said Villa manager Paul Lambert.

Gardner suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury in his left knee in December 2009 but recovered and has made 17 appearances for the Villa first team, 12 as a substitute.

Click here for official bad news confirmation

The one thing that hopefully we can take solace in is that it was the other knee and not the same one. Doctors can do quite a bit of terms of repairing these things nowadays so hopefully once he recovers that is his knee injuries done for the career, and then he can enjoy a long career with Villa.

Â