Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

good post tro, agree with all of it except we wouldn't have a chance of getting kompany, might get toure though

He did say "like". Jesus.

I agree with the premise. I have seen Gardner Jr and I did think "wow". I didn't think the same for Agbonlahor but he has gone on to become an integral part of the club. I did think "wow" with Hendrie and Luke Moore. I didn't rate Cristiano Ronaldo at all for quite a long time. Then again, I was lucky enough to catch an 18 year old Brazilian also by the name of Ronaldo and knew, just knew he was going to be the best I'd ever seen.

I'm no talent spotter either, clearly. But you know sometimes even the talent spotters get it wrong. I think the more football you watch the easier it becomes to spot those raw abilities. But without application those abilities can come to nothing.

Of our current crop it's hard to argue that Bannan, Albrighton and Gardner don't have something. Enough raw ability to become very good footballers. A Wayne Rooney or a David Beckham are so rare that the comparisons are unfair. However a Cleverly or a Ramsey would do us about now I think you'll agree.

ddid....that magic word that is sometimes forgotten when evaluating talent....." application" spot on mate.

agree with you tro, you can instantly spot great youngsters, they don't come along often

SGC you are certainly not a talent spotter :!:

:D where did i say? i was complimenting tro who i think is an excellent football poster

Spotting football posters?

agree with you tro, you can instantly spot great youngsters, they don't come along often

:D where did i say? i was complimenting tro who i think is an excellent football poster

That was very kind SGC...we all try our best.

Like Ethan Moore?

From what I've seen GG can become a very good player. One of the best in many years at VP. Which might not be that hard.

The thing is when it comes to spotting youth talents it ain't as easy as saying "That kid's got talent, he'll make it". He could get badly injured, his mentality might be wrong, not enough determination, go backwards, etc, etc.

GG might end up like Michael Standing, he might end up like Sid Cowans, but probably somewhere between the two. My guess is that he'll be closer to be a new Cowans than a new Standing.

that name again, ethan moore, who is he? lol

our youngsters seem to fail when smoke is blown up their a$$, they get too hype up and have too much expectations put on them, if given too many games, they burn out, if not given enough, they dont cut the grade, middle ground seems difficult to find

Spotting football posters?

TRO is the ethan moore of the football posting world, i think he is an excellent talent and a once in a generation poster

Like Ethan Moore?

From what I've seen GG can become a very good player. One of the best in many years at VP. Which might not be that hard.

The thing is when it comes to spotting youth talents it ain't as easy as saying "That kid's got talent, he'll make it". He could get badly injured, his mentality might be wrong, not enough determination, go backwards, etc, etc.

GG might end up like Michael Standing, he might end up like Sid Cowans, but probably somewhere between the two. My guess is that he'll be closer to be a new Cowans than a new Standing.

The difference with GG from what I can gather to, say, the Moores or Standing is that he lives his life to play football. He is supposed to be very disciplined and desperate to fulfill his potential as opposed to those who think they have made it when they get a first team number and are more focused on getting a new sports car.

It's going to be like Gary Cahill all over again. McLeish will sell him to Wigan or similar for about £1.5 million and use the money towards paying over the odds for Steven Davis. GG, away from the shackles of such an oppressive regime will flourish and end up playing for a top team like Cahill will by the end of this season.

according to you they come along every few weeks

that's because they do, it doesn't mean that they'll become great players though, i enjoy watching young progress

Â