Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

To me it says alot about why we're playing alot better away from home - that McLeish picks an away game derby to give Gary his first start in the PL. The pressure is off away from B6 - If he'd made mistakes we all know the crowd would have been on his back big time at Villa Park.

Which is why - as someone else mentioned - all the young players tweet about the fantastic support away from home and thank the fans.

Never mind kick out racism down at VP - Perhaps it's time to kick out moaning! :mrgreen:

This could be a good midfield for us in the future I reckon.

---- Gardner --- Herd/Clark ----

------------ Bannan --------------

Provided that Herd and Clark beef up, acting as the anchor man/midfield destroyer giving Gardner freedom to go forward.

Any 'danger' of him not being involved in the Next Gen match due to first team commitments?

I've three tickets for Wednesday night so I hope not. Would be nice to see GG play for 70 minutes before being 'rested' at 3-0 up. :)

I like the look of Gardner junior. Looks very assured, good passer, gets forward well. Would really like to see a ball winner next to him to free him up, perhaps the play maker in Ireland in there too. Gardner will draw the attention of bigger clubs soon enough. Longer contract would be a good idea.

This is gonna sounds really harsh but he needs to take chances like the free header in the first few minutes. I know hes young but if you are going to break through at that age you have to be able to shoulder the responsibility. Missing a chance like this might be the difference in starting the next game or Ireland being brought back into the team.

This is gonna sounds really harsh but he needs to take chances like the free header in the first few minutes. I know hes young but if you are going to break through at that age you have to be able to shoulder the responsibility. Missing a chance like this might be the difference in starting the next game or Ireland being brought back into the team.

Give him a chance! How can you judge him from one game??!!

He's JUST made the step up and needs to adjust to the tempo upping in the PL

He's absolutely lethal. He shouldn't have gone on loan to Coventry - he should have played for us...he was bang in form.

I watched him score a hatrick V Ajax the day before and he's a midfielder - not a striker. He'd also just scored two cracking goals for the U21s.

Not saying he'll be as good - although I sure hope so - but he reminds me & a few others of a young Stevie G.

Because he missed an opportunity to score on his debut? Not only does that sound harsh, it sounds ridiculous. Give the guy a chance, there are plenty of times every single game in the Premier League where proven goalscorers fluff their lines, let alone 19 year old midfielders making their debut.

Daft!!! Van Persie missed an easier chance today. Should he be dropped?. He may not start next game but not for missing a header after a couple of minutes of your debut.

Daft!!! Van Persie missed an easier chance today. Should he be dropped?. He may not start next game but not for missing a header after a couple of minutes of your debut.

I didnt even think it was wotjy of a comment to be honest. Simply a facepalm.

Because he missed an opportunity to score on his debut? Not only does that sound harsh, it sounds ridiculous. Give the guy a chance, there are plenty of times every single game in the Premier League where proven goalscorers fluff their lines, let alone 19 year old midfielders making their debut.

it might sound harsh but it is a fair point. Van Persie can miss an easy one but he's got more than enough brownie points stacked up in his favour for it to not matter (in terms of whetehr his place would be questioned) and of course he scored later (van Persie).

Anyway, the original point is valid. I though Gardner had a good game and was very promising and looked confident - but the chance should have been tucked away. I disagree with it being teh difference between him being dropped or not as I think he will be kept in simply because his confidence levels will be sky high - remeber the 30 yard free-kick? to have the balls to want it and actually take it takes some doing for a kid just coming in.

but, he simply has to score those easy ones - or he'll never be anything other than the Noel Whelan standard.

Â