Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I knew Gary wouldn't really have a real chance to prove himself in the game so I was looking to see if he looked out of place and I have to say he did fine. I look forward to seeing Gary get more minutes. Hopefully this means a start against Bristol City.

I think Gardner will come on v Swansea if we're winning by more than a goal.

Might also get a minute or two at Chelsea if the game is up by the 80 minute mark.

Just the opposite :?

I didn't see the game but sounded like his coming on made a significant difference

Haha when I posted that I was pessimisticly thinking give him a debut if Chelsea are 2-0/3-0 up, happy to be proved wrong!

Hopefully Gardner will make an impact. If so send Delph on loan to someone like Bolton as he's way down the midfield order at the minute.

I think Gardner will come on v Swansea if we're winning by more than a goal.

Might also get a minute or two at Chelsea if the game is up by the 80 minute mark.

Just the opposite :?

I didn't see the game but sounded like his coming on made a significant difference

he didnt really make a significant difference but fitted in nicely.

Brilliant performance by him, its time like this that make me a proud villa fan, surely we've produced the most young English talent over the past few years?

Anyway, I'm happy for him, great début performance, hope he keeps it up, better now than his brother has ever been. :)

Brilliant performance by him, its time like this that make me a proud villa fan, surely we've produced the most young English talent over the past few years?

Anyway, I'm happy for him, great début performance, hope he keeps it up, better now than his brother has ever been. :)

All this from 15 minutes on the pitch? I have high hopes for this lad from what I have read about him but he needs to beat the world before he can be considered a world beater...

I didn't realise until I watched the game again on Sky - Gary had a shot at goal saved by the keeper as well.

That's the part I think he'll bring to our midfield more than anything. Shooting on target from anywhere.

Watching him at Villa Park, his play was on a par with others in the final NexGen group game against Ajax. However his hattrick made him the outstanding player on the pitch.

We really do get over excited don't we about our youngsters?

I'm excited by Gardner, I hope he gets the chance, apparently he could become a bloody good player but it's embarrassing labeling his performance vs Chelsea, "brilliant" .."great debut" he played what, 12-13 minutes and touched the ball 4/5 times!

Quite rightly so.. because as the commentator on Sky yesterday remarked (can't remember his name used to play for West Ham & he's one of the best cos he's always fair and complimentary about Villa when it's due)

We've bucked the trend and not been afraid to blood our academy youngsters and turn them into regular Premiership players like Bannan, Albrighton, Clark and Gabby instead of buying elsewhere.

We had 5 academy players out on show yesterday, so what's not to be proud of?

I'm excited by Gardner, I hope he gets the chance, apparently he could become a bloody good player but it's embarrassing labeling his performance vs Chelsea, "brilliant" .."great debut" he played what, 12-13 minutes and touched the ball 4/5 times!

Or maybe people are just happy to see our biggest youth prospect finally make his competitive debut. It's great we are bringing through our younger players: Albrighton, Clark, Gardner, Herd, Bannan wouldn't get half the opportunities they would if MON was still in charge. I think it's great to bring through some many young players.

Team for a few years time?

-------------------Siegrist

------------Clark-------Baker

Lichaj---------------------------Stevens

-----------Gardner------Johnson

Albrighton----------------------Graham

---------------Grealish/Bannan

-------------------Gabby

all from our academy (except Stevens) :D

Â