Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

If he's good enough he's old enough

Most top players break through at a very young age - Rooney, Gerrard, Barry etc etc

I think everyone at the club realise he's good enough, they are just being careful as hes returning from a serious knee injury.

I dont understand what all the fuss is about, just being sensible. I bet if McLeish shoved him in the team and his knee went again or failed to impress that people would be say he wasnt ready, we rushed him back etc etc.

I feel sorry for McLeish tbh, he cant do right for doing wrong!

If he's good enough he's old enough

Most top players break through at a very young age - Rooney, Gerrard, Barry etc etc

I think everyone at the club realise he's good enough, they are just being careful as hes returning from a serious knee injury.

I dont understand what all the fuss is about, just being sensible. I bet if McLeish shoved him in the team and his knee went again or failed to impress that people would be say he wasnt ready, we rushed him back etc etc.

I feel sorry for McLeish tbh, he cant do right for doing wrong!

In fairness, all the Villa fans I've spoken to and heck, even many VTers, think a 1 month loan to play plenty of Championship football is the right thing for GG at this time. Some may genuinely hold a different view and some may see it as another excuse to bash the boss. I suspect many confuse one for the other anyway. :winkold:

Bringing him into the side on a regular basis now is an attractive idea and one most of us on here are drooling about. However, he is'nt going to be the immediate saviour some are hoping for and it could seriously go tits up for the lad if the pressures too much.

If he's really as good a prospect as they say he is, a brief loan out to the Championship is a pretty shrewd move.

Lovely goal he scored at the weekend. When was the last time one of our midfielders made a run like that and scored a goal like that?? Honestly cant remember. MOTM performance to top it off. Im quite excited at him breaking into our team. :thumb:

I thought it was very Ian Taylor-esque!

Lovely goal he scored at the weekend. When was the last time one of our midfielders made a run like that and scored a goal like that?? Honestly cant remember. MOTM performance to top it off. Im quite excited at him breaking into our team. :thumb:

Petrov against West Ham, first game of last season with McDonald in charge?

Thank you for the link.

Good to read that he has had an excellent start. Also good to see some of the comments from the fans praising him, and wishing for him to stay longer. Hopefully he will now build on this good start, and come back firing on all cylinders for us in the New Year.

Herd

Gardner Jenas

Bannan Agbonlahor

Bent

I'd quite like to see a skillful and energetic midfield supporting and supplying Bent.

Why does everyone include Herd in these exciting new energetic midfields. He really is not a midfielder. He's at best an inexperienced average right back playing out of his depth and out of position. I was hoping gardener would be the one to displace him when he's given his chance.

Herd

Gardner Jenas

Bannan Agbonlahor

Bent

I'd quite like to see a skillful and energetic midfield supporting and supplying Bent.

Why does everyone include Herd in these exciting new energetic midfields. He really is not a midfielder. He's at best an inexperienced average right back playing out of his depth and out of position. I was hoping gardener would be the one to displace him when he's given his chance.

Have you watched us this season? Herd has looked very good, if a little tired on Sunday.

Â