Stephen Warnock

KSV

Good to see him back training with the first team again after being mistreated by the previous manager. As lansvillan says his attitude by all accounts when training with the young lads and playing for the reserves was first class. No surprise there though as in a decade of being a professional he had never been any trouble.

Lets hope Eck can get him back to the form he showed in his first 6 months here.

Sorry mistype on my part..... Warnock returned from loan two weeks before Hou left and only after Hou'd left did he play for the first team.

and, Liverpool were a Champions League team, it's hardly surprising that Warnock in his first pro years was sent out on loan.....in his prime, he's not a Champions League footballer never mind when he was 20-22.

Ill feeling because he was given a pro contract while Houllier was in charge and given first team experience in his first pro years on loan? really? Isn't this normal?

Don't blame any player for not performing for that word removed houllier.

Glad he's getting another chance

Your absolutely right!Any player who gets paid good money,really good money, to play a game should not perform for anybody if they dont feel like it.

Because that was mentioned at the time. They had a young Martin Kelly who I might add is a very good right back playing with Johnson at fullback. Meanwhile Houllier offered him out on loan and they didn't even want to do that? Why? Because they would rather try out youngsters such as Flanagan and Robinson which proved to be the correct decision.

Our defence was better in 09/10 because we were a better team, simple as really. Djimi Traore played left back in the Champions League for Liverpool it doesn't mean he's better then the left back who played in the losing final.

The point is if we sell Warnock we will make a loss, There are not a lot of English Left backs out there with the experience of Warnock that are any good.

Warnock is more than capable of having a constant season. Big Ek should work with him not against him as I am sure he will.

I am glad we agree that the defense was better during 09-10- Were you saying then, that he was not good enough and we should replace him. A player does not become a bad player over night!

My friend is a massive Liverpool fan and guess what his favorite cult player was Djimi Traore...................!

The problem is the rumours are they he isn't exactly happy in Birmingham, and even if that isn't the case he's nearly 30 and his contract expires in two seasons. Right now could sell for a reasonable price and probably get someone as good for the same price, who is younger and will be with us longer. Although that depends how competent our scouts and manager is.

Cult player says it all ;) My favourite cult player of recent times was Harewood, doesn't mean he was any good :mrgreen:

Yep same I'm taking them lightly although you do wonder why he was banished to the reserves whilst the likes of Collins and Dunne went on the piss and stayed in the team.

Houllier might have simply not rated him .

After all it was Houllier who sold him from Liverpool wasn't it?

Im sure there probably was a fall out of sorts but all these rumours about him disrespecting the club and Birmingham ive never seen or read anywhere else apart from on here.

EDIT : my mistake it was Benitez who sold him from Liverpool

Yep same I'm taking them lightly although you do wonder why he was banished to the reserves whilst the likes of Collins and Dunne went on the piss and stayed in the team.

no.

It wasn't given his form.

If we'd have banished every player to train with the reserves/kids who under performed for the first 6 months of Houllier arriving we'd have struggled to put a team out.

Drop him from the first team by all means but to **** him off to train with the kids was not good management. It pleasing to know that he showed an exemplary attitude though. Hopefully we'll now see the Warnock we saw for his first 6 months or so here and the Warnock that was excellent for Blackburn during his time there.

Im sure there probably was a fall out of sorts but all these rumours about him disrespecting the club and Birmingham ive never seen or read anywhere else apart from on here.

I doubt that, we played Baker, Herd and co over him, Houllier wasn't that mad :lol:

Add to the fact if he was banished to the reserves for his performances it probably would have caused a bigger rift then the ones we heard during the season. He must have said or done something but I doubt we'll ever know.

If we'd have banished every player to train with the reserves/kids who under performed for the first 6 months of Houllier arriving we'd have struggled to put a team out.

Drop him from the first team by all means but to **** him off to train with the kids was not good management. It pleasing to know that he showed an exemplary attitude though. Hopefully we'll now see the Warnock we saw for his first 6 months or so here and the Warnock that was excellent for Blackburn during his time there.

There's under-performing and then there's being just plain shit. Warnock was the latter and was easily the weak link in the team. Young, Baker and Clark all did far better jobs in left-back role, hence why Warnock was in the reserves. What's even more damning about that is that none of those three players' natural positions are left-back, particularly Baker and Clark who are centre-backs yet still managed to do better than Warnock.

My take, decent player and one who we could not replace with similar ability for less than £6m. The likes of Enrique would never leave Newcastle for Villa, get a reality check. Enrique will leave for a 'bigger' club IF Newcastle even decide to sell, and why would they?

It's obvious SW and GH didn't see eye to eye, players don't get banished for not playing well otherwise they would be half a dozen in the reserves last year. All I would say is that until the alledged bust up, SW had always given 100%, indeed I believe his drop in form was due to him playing through injuries rather than sit out. If we can get him playing again then he'll be an asset because there's no doubt he can be a threat in attacking positions. We have no one else and it doesn't sound like we have money to start replacing international full backs.

He's been the same wherever he's played. Solid and good going forward most of the time but prone to dreadful mistakes, Blackburn fans said that when he signed so please don't try to portray him as some model modern full-back before Houllier came just to get in a little dig in.

I'm all for giving him another chance if he delivers, but please don't allow your personal and never-able-to-drop feelings of our previous manager influence your view on this. There was a reason Houllier put him in the reserves and that is because he clearly did not have an exemplary attitude, whatever that might entail.

Ive never read any of these rumours that he said hated Birmingham apart from on here.

That's because it was from MM. The most trusted and reliable ITK. Why would it be in the papers if it was something that was said behind closed doors?

Â