Stephen Warnock

KSV

Another player badly mistreated by that nasty school teacher Mr Houllier.

Get him back in the team.

He's a experienced, Premier League proven left-back.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

P.S. Glad to see we have spelt his name correctly for this thread :)

How was he badly treated? I recall he was played regularly for the first team up until December, and he was not playing particularly well culminating in a thrashing at Man City?. Then came his apparent outburst at the training ground. It seemed as though he was against the manager from day 1, which is not how a professional should act.

I believe Mcleish has been told to work with what he has (whether the squad themselves or using them to generate money). I think with Warnock he is probably trying to work out does the money I could get for him equal enough that I can buy an adequate replacement or amI best to work with him

I think he will decide that it is probably best to try and work with him if he can

Warnock, deep down, is a good player but he burnt his bridges at the club when Houllier was here by letting his poor relationship with Ged spill over into him mouthing off about the club.

I think it's best that he's sold and we seek a replacement.

I can’t remember him ever doing that? I ve heard rumours that he did, but nothing that has ever been shown in the press and verified.

It depends what you want to believe, If he didn't say these things then why didn't he rubbish the rumours that said he did? I'm not saying that that is conclusive proof or anything but it's a valid question here.

There was nothing to deny was there? No direct quotes from anyone saying he'd done anything wrong.

In the decade he has been a pro I'd never heard of him causing an ounce of trouble anywhere be it for Plop, Blackburn, England or us pre Houllier.

If he gets back to the kind of form that he showed for the first 6 months he was here, which got him in to the England world cup squad, then I'll be happy.

Warnock, deep down, is a good player but he burnt his bridges at the club when Houllier was here by letting his poor relationship with Ged spill over into him mouthing off about the club.

I think it's best that he's sold and we seek a replacement.

I can’t remember him ever doing that? I ve heard rumours that he did, but nothing that has ever been shown in the press and verified.

It depends what you want to believe, If he didn't say these things then why didn't he rubbish the rumours that said he did? I'm not saying that that is conclusive proof or anything but it's a valid question here.

He would rubbish something if it appeared in the press? But it didn’t did it? If footballers refuted everything that appeared on the internet they would never play a game.

Warnock is a good Left Back it was not so long ago:-

- that he was wanted by Liverpool again

- part of the England squad that traveled to South Africa

- was a regular starter when we finished 6th and reached the League Cup final and FA cup final.

Compare that to our defense last year when Warnock was not part of it:-

- Defense Leaked goals left right and center

- Close for a while to be relegated

- Scored a lot less goals from the left hand side

I am not saying that he is the best left back, But surely its worth getting the best out of him than selling him for a loss and buying in someone for a lot of money and paying sign on fees and agent fees.

He was wanted by Liverpool to replace Konchesky as backup.

He went to South Africa as Baines has homesickness and due to the fact that there are only a couple of English left backs who starts in the league.

Was a regular starter but only played well for the first half of the season imo.

As for the goals leaked I had to do some project based on stats and IIRC we conceded more with Warnock in the team but it means very little tbh. I just don't rate him, on the other hand I think Dunne was poor last year but I do think he's a very good defender when everything is right with him.

He was wanted by Liverpool to replace Konchesky as backup.

He went to South Africa as Baines has homesickness and due to the fact that there are only a couple of English left backs who starts in the league.

Was a regular starter but only played well for the first half of the season imo.

Whats is you evidence based on that he was going to be a backup...?

He still made the squad which is a fact.

Was our defense better season 10-11 or 09 -10......?

Because that was mentioned at the time. They had a young Martin Kelly who I might add is a very good right back playing with Johnson at fullback. Meanwhile Houllier offered him out on loan and they didn't even want to do that? Why? Because they would rather try out youngsters such as Flanagan and Robinson which proved to be the correct decision.

Our defence was better in 09/10 because we were a better team, simple as really. Djimi Traore played left back in the Champions League for Liverpool it doesn't mean he's better then the left back who played in the losing final.

Houllier and Warnock had previous at plop and, without knowing, the relationship at Villa was doomed from the start, similar with Carew.

No they didn't .....

but anyway,

I'm not a fan of Warnock and I don't really rate him. Happy to be wrong though but I'd rather we sign a new left back.

glad hes back in, on form hes the best left back ive seen at villa including Bouma and Alan Wright Wright Wright.

In his first season at Villa, his link up with Young and overlapping was top drawer. Thought we had something special on our hands then. Return to form and ill be more than happy.

Because that was mentioned at the time. They had a young Martin Kelly who I might add is a very good right back playing with Johnson at fullback. Meanwhile Houllier offered him out on loan and they didn't even want to do that? Why? Because they would rather try out youngsters such as Flanagan and Robinson which proved to be the correct decision.

Our defence was better in 09/10 because we were a better team, simple as really. Djimi Traore played left back in the Champions League for Liverpool it doesn't mean he's better then the left back who played in the losing final.

The point is if we sell Warnock we will make a loss, There are not a lot of English Left backs out there with the experience of Warnock that are any good.

Warnock is more than capable of having a constant season. Big Ek should work with him not against him as I am sure he will.

I am glad we agree that the defense was better during 09-10- Were you saying then, that he was not good enough and we should replace him. A player does not become a bad player over night!

My friend is a massive Liverpool fan and guess what his favorite cult player was Djimi Traore...................!

Another player badly mistreated by that nasty school teacher Mr Houllier.

Get him back in the team.

He's a experienced, Premier League proven left-back.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

P.S. Glad to see we have spelt his name correctly for this thread :)

Since when does being dumping a player in the reserves for being absolutely shit amount to being mistreated? Sell him immediately. He was a total and utter liability when he played last season.

Don't blame any player for not performing for that word removed houllier.
Ridiculous. The club, and by extension, us, pay their wages and as such they have an obligation to perform as best as they can while they are employed by the club. Can't believe you'd condone such a thing. So if certain players in the squad don't take to McLeish (a manager I don't approve of) you think it's ok for them to not try their best and play shit?

Houllier and Warnock had previous at plop and, without knowing, the relationship at Villa was doomed from the start, similar with Carew.

No they didn't .....

but anyway,

I'm not a fan of Warnock and I don't really rate him. Happy to be wrong though but I'd rather we sign a new left back.

No history as in it wasn't Houllier who built him up by putting him out on loan and then selling him two weeks before getting sacked and you'd be right.

There was ill feeling between them before GH came to VP and it compounded any confidence crisis SW had last year.

I went to the reserves game at Leyland (v Bolton) and his attitude was excellent as was his work-rate playing with a load of kids in midfield!

Getting him back on form would be very good thing for me. Then again playing behind pussy Downing cannot have helped..... if only he'd been there with Ash as that did work.

No they didn't .....

but anyway,

No history as in it wasn't Houllier who built him up by putting him out on loan and then selling him two weeks before getting sacked and you'd be right.

There was ill feeling between them before GH came to VP and it compounded any confidence crisis SW had last year.

I went to the reserves game at Leyland (v Bolton) and his attitude was excellent as was his work-rate playing with a load of kids in midfield!

Getting him back on form would be very good thing for me. Then again playing behind pussy Downing cannot have helped..... if only he'd been there with Ash as that did work.

What, he didn't leave Liverpool until 2007. On loan at Bradford in 2002-03 and then Coventry for a full season in 2003-04, his first two pro seasons.

Houllier left Liverpool in 04.

Â