Gym Routine

olboydave

That is pathetic.  3 seconds of leg exercises which aren't even the targetted area, followed by bro slaps.  It's the gym at its painful worst.

I've been considering yoga as a gym alternative. I like the idea of stretching, because my back is totally screwed up. But I can't get past the "Moon energies" and the indoctrination that goes along with it. 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've been considering yoga as a gym alternative. I like the idea of stretching, because my back is totally screwed up. But I can't get past the "Moon energies" and the indoctrination that goes along with it. 

Id love to Yoga mate, i hear its ace. loads of athletes do it and read the stuff giggsy said it does for his career. only problem is the time consuming part of it for me personally. but i hear only good stuff about it.

Back in the gym now after vegas and have decided to double my workload so in 5 days i was doing 5 workouts, 1 body part each plus legs x 3 days im gonna go 10 workouts in 5 days. I dont like cardio so gonna get my diet right and see where i end up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Forget curls in the squat rack.

Last week we had a guy lat raising on the deadlift platform.

The only deadlift platform in the whole gym.

:crylaugh:  Can be done literally anywhere.  "Excuse me sir, could you step to the side.  I need to **** deadlift, you cretin".

To be fair to him, the gym was almost empty  and I think he just did it because it was the closest mirror to where he picked up the weights.

He apologised and moved as soon as I asked if I could use the platform.

It was a bit of a WTF moment though :D

Injured my index finger climbing, tendon injury. Not hugely painful but it is getting worse rather than better.

Can take between 2-10 weeks to heal apparently which is a painfully long time.

Trying to think of back exercises that don't involve pulling a bar which will put pressure on the finger. 

Think chest/tri's will be OK as can push the bar without needing the fingers so much. Legs should be OK too.

Any ideas? Best I've got so far is using the rope for various pulling exercises but not sure if that is going to pressure the finger or not. Band pull a parts maybe.

Edited by villaglint

Not used straps before but that could be an interesting option. Used the rope on cable machine today and reverse flies and seemed to be able to do a range of exercises without the need for the finger. Just hope it doesn't last 10 weeks

Yeah with straps most of the weight is taken by your wrists. You use your grip a certain amount, but I'm sure I could do more or less what I lift anyway without using my index finger in that scenario.

I use these

£3.99 and lasted me a couple of years now. Worth it even if you don't like them/it doesn't work.

• Like 1

I'm watching a Crossfit documentary on NetFlix.

I've come to the conclusion that this sport is more full of false advertising than body building. Everyone of these 'competitors' male and female are clearly on the Vitamin S.

• Like 2

Â