Gym Routine

olboydave

That depends on metabolism. Everyone is different and a sedentary lifestyle with 1500 might be parity for some. I know if I eat 2000 then I put on weight. 

Alright, 1600-1700 at most. I aim for 300 kaloreez breakfast, 400 calloree lunch and 500 for tea, leaves 300-500 for everything else.

If I've had a bacon sandwich (with brown sauce like a normal person) for breakfast then I'll adjust for the day and leave out snacks and have a 300 kalz lunch and 300 kalories ping ding for tea.

:ph34r:

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Feeling not so good now on the keto diet w/intermitten fasting-regime. I feel as weak as I have ever felt and I'm kinda hungry and nauseous at the same time, and feeling tired with a bit of an headache. Imagine having the flu without the slime and coughing. I'm also sweating lots from very little effort and it's smells like ammonia. Apparently it's suppose to get better after a week or two... I'm 5 days in. On the plus side the fat looks to be leaving my belly at a pace I've never seen before and my stomach is working like a well oiled machine that only produce highly dense stuff without venting any gasses.

I'd guess that any active male who reckons that he's gaining weight on 2000 calories is massively underestimating how much he's eating/drinking. Or they're a dwarf ;).

Dodgy nutritional information on a commonly consumed food or drink can seriously mess up the numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JB said:

I'd guess that any active male who reckons that he's gaining weight on 2000 calories is massively underestimating how much he's eating/drinking. Or they're a dwarf ;).

Dodgy nutritional information on a commonly consumed food or drink can seriously mess up the numbers.

And if it wasn't me experiencing it, I'd agree with you :lol:  I know it doesn't sound right but I've done enough tweaking over the years (that's tweaking, not twerking) to know what my body will do with what I give it.  Also, when you say 'active', I'm only active in the gym.  I'm pretty much a slob outside the gym and the 2 co-exist in perfect harmony because of each other :lol:

• Like 1

And to add to the above re- 2,000 calories.  I've read a few things relatively recently where more and more they're realising that the generic "2,500 for men, 2,000 for women" is not just too simplistic, it can be grossly misleading.  But anyhoo, we all find our levels :thumb:

The important point that applies to everyone is that your 6 pack is basically achieved in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Started "running" to the gym last week, not particularly fast and I have to stop and walk every so often but there's already a marked improvement over last week. I really don't like it, doesn't feel natural at all. Last night was Deadlifts, worked through my warm up sets no problems. 1st work set 110kgs felt surprisingly light, 2nd set 125 all going fine but grip failed as I locked out on my 6th rep. Went to straps for my amrap and hit 7 reps @ 132.5kg, first set last amrap only managed 6 reps @ 110kg, cardio let me down.

Rested, then went for Squat BBB @ 52.5kg, first rep something didn't seem right, reset and tried again. Managed 4 reps before ducking out with knee pain. Don't know how I injured it, felt fine during Deadlifts.

Finished off with 2.5k on the rowing machine in a little under 12 minutes then walked home. Bench tonight then Squat on Monday, hopefully it will have settled down by then.

Regarding the calories in vs burned I thought the lecture below was very interesting. He disproves it by looking at cultures where poverty, malnutrition and obesity goes together. He argues that energy in & energy out of the system is not what govern the accumulation or burning of fat, because the storage of fat is an independent system inside the body, and that the fat in and the fat out of the fat cells is what governs it. What determines that balance? Hormones. Insulin puts fat in the fat tissue and it also suppresses mobilization of the fat. He says the release of fatty acids requires only the negative stimulus of insulin deficiency. (around the 50 minutes mark).

What aspect of it? I'm genuinely curios and not on the zealot-train as I'm just getting into it. I haven't read much on the subject, but the correlation between high glycemic carbs, insulin and fat storage seems like stone cold fact.

I saw the name Taubes so didn't watch it. He's a quack of the highest order. I'm not sure he even believes some of the stuff he says. He gets some basic science (that even I can understand!) completely wrong. Good series of articles thoroughly debunking his nonsense here: http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/index.php/free-content/free-content/volume-1-issue-7-insulin-and-thinking-better/insulin-an-undeserved-bad-reputation/

46 minutes ago, JB said:

I saw the name Taubes so didn't watch it. He's a quack of the highest order. I'm not sure he even believes some of the stuff he says. He gets some basic science (that even I can understand!) completely wrong. Good series of articles thoroughly debunking his nonsense here: http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/index.php/free-content/free-content/volume-1-issue-7-insulin-and-thinking-better/insulin-an-undeserved-bad-reputation/

Thanks, always good to read an opposing view. There're also like 8 follow up parts to that post. There's a reply in response to it from low-carb experts here

Injured. 

Squat day, warm up went fine moved onto working sets. Something felt wrong on my second last rep, reset and then did another rep. Sharp pain in my lower back, sat down a few minutes then tried a bodyweight squat. Took the hint and went home. 

Looks like I'm having at least a week off. So pissed off. 

Â