What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Much prefer Highway 61 Revisited over Blonde On Blonde. Thought the latter was a bit dull. 

That doesn't surprise me at all. H61R is a much more immediate album. BoB is a grower. 

On 11/19/2017 at 02:35, Rugeley Villa said:

Much prefer Highway 61 Revisited over Blonde On Blonde. Thought the latter was a bit dull. 

Much prefere Bringin' it All Back Home to both.  Partly because it was such a game-changer, but the melodies and imagery are pretty much fantastic across the board.

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just read their Wikipedia entry. Comedy gold. 

good spot, I would never have bothered looking them up, but that was a cracking read

someone took Spinal Tap and turned it up to 11

• Thanks 1

On 22/11/2017 at 17:54, Rugeley Villa said:

Electric Wizard, Electric Wizard.

@rjw63, what are your thoughts on these? 

Anyone who likes Sabbath should check them out. Some exceptional riffs, though they are somewhat obsessed with Cannabis, 70s horror and naked women...

Dopethrone is a complete classic, with Funeralpolis just sublime! I find some a little tired and dull (Time to Die I found very disappointing) but the latest is not bad on first listens (spoilered the cover as it could be considered NSFW)...

Spoiler

51BA517A-933B-4AB2-849B-6D59DC19F872.jpeg.39a86aeb23b7e298d8d36abca3c17b18.jpeg

The linear notes, DEFINTELY NSFW!

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just read their Wikipedia entry. Comedy gold. 

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

good spot, I would never have bothered looking them up, but that was a cracking read

someone took Spinal Tap and turned it up to 11

Yeah have to admit they have a somewhat “colourful” history... Their spat with Rise Above is pretty special! However doesn’t spot the music being good and live they are pretty **** cool! Remember catching them in the Hare & Hound a few years ago and they were fantastic!

Edited by cyrusr

8 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Anyone who likes Sabbath should check them out. Some exceptional riffs, though they are somewhat obsessed with Cannabis, 70s horror and naked women...

Dopethrone is a complete classic, with Funeralpolis just sublime! I find some a little tired and dull (Time to Die I found very disappointing) but the latest is not bad on first listens (spoilered the cover as it could be considered NSFW)...

Hide contents

51BA517A-933B-4AB2-849B-6D59DC19F872.jpeg.39a86aeb23b7e298d8d36abca3c17b18.jpeg

The linear notes, DEFINTELY NSFW!

Yeah have to admit they have a somewhat “colourful” history... Their spat with Rise Above is pretty special! However doesn’t spot the music being good and live they are pretty **** cool! Remember catching them in the Hare & Hound a few years ago and they were fantastic!

Yes, their worship of black sabbath is what drawn me towards them. I really like their image, and I'm into the downer stuff anyway. They are a band that actually give you visual images whilst listening to their music, and I don't get that with many bands. I think the whole artwork that surrounds the band is great. I like what I've heard off the new album so far. 

• Like 1

Â