• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will make a decision before the protest because if they dont and they dont give him the job it will look like they are weak and give in to the fans. The only possible outcome of this protest is force the boards hand into appointing the useless clearing in the woods!!!

I have been angry, upset and been in denial and now I'm just expecting it. I just keep hoping with better resources that we can provide and with some freedom he may be able to perform and we can do well. You never know... I'm just hoping he can be the next big thing in football after a few seasons... You can see I'm trying to convince myself :(

Eugh, seeing people justifying his appointment makes me wretch

Funny, you dont know me, yet we seem to share the same boat.

Ye sorry about that, I'm losing the plot (though you don't know me so shouldn't care)

They made that clear in the discussion with a Villa representative it's on Vital Villa.

They also banged on about being from our rivals as well.

Point lost.

Well I've made it clear to Villa on my opinion and i'm pretty sure mine matches yours.

Watch Young take Downing with him out the door. And when Darren Bent notches in 15 goals before Christmas, watch him escape to the first club coming here knocking.

He went from Sunderland because they weren't progressing under a dire manager. Then we go on and make contact with a fool even under him in the pecking order!

He worked with what he had at Blues which was shit, to get the best out of them he had to play shit football.

Sorry I disagree, he had money to spend, managers have philosophies, they don't regularly change. Look at Martinez, he's hardly got world beaters, arguably no better than Blues but he tried to get them playing football, successfully? debatable, he kept them up but that's it. However he sticks to his principles and plays his game.

I struggle to think of many managers who change their styles. Whatever clubs, it's usually all the same, working what they know best. There is no way someone like McLeish would ever get us playing good football, just not going to happen. It'll be disciplined, organised, hard working, defensive, direct counter attack and about nicking games.

As you know, I'm quite positive and I love what Randy has done for the club but 'he played shit football because he didn't have players/money' never washes for me because it's simply rarely ever true and if it were true, then you're appointing the wrong man, because if you want to play good football, then you appoint a manager who has regularly tried to play that way for a set amount of years and who knows how to be successful doing that, not give it to someone who has never tried or been successful playing good, exciting football.

We might do okay under McLeish because we have a decent team and with Bent in the team, he'll score loads and we will most likely be more organised, keep clean sheets and nick games, so we could finish about 8th-10th at highest but the sad thing is, that will be the highest we'll go and what's worse is the fact it'll be mid-table football, in a very dull way.

No different than appointing Pulis or Allardyce for me, who I both hate with a passion.

The most irritating thing is people on here arguing that all the fans against the appointment will come crawling back if we win our first 4/5 games of the season.

What will happen if we lose those games? Villa Park Armageddon?

It's easy to argue based on what if's but until then we either have to support the choice of manager or try and address it. There are nearly 15,000 people on FB agains the appointment and that speaks volumes. Much more effective than telling the fans to wait and see if we're successful cos it could just as easily go tits up.

Even if, as I'm praying, we turn him down. I think the damage will have been done, I can't see Randy recovering from this unless he then goes onto appoint Mourinho

But Alex McLeish wasnt available.. So what have we been doing all this time?

He quits his job then immediately Villa show interest in him.. So whats been happening all this time? And how broad has the manager search been?

He wasn't available and as we know our board doesn't act behind any club's back and does things the right way, so if they'd been interested in him , they would have acted the way they did with Martinez.

Obvious conclusion is obvious : everyone from their original shortlist has turned the job down, so now they're going for people who have just become available and others not considered previously.

So if the club do decide that its best NOT to appoint McLeish...Does it not worry you who else in on this shortlist?

Are we looking at lower level managers with Premierleague Experiance, Southgate and Curbishley maybe?

Can somebody find this guy advising the board that the manager needs to be Pre Experianced and shoot him.

The search needs to be broadened to a wider area than just Premiership managers surely?

McLeish, deary me.

Whilst Cardiff, of all teams, try to lure Hughes to the championship. They have no chance ofcourse, but atleast they're trying.

Didn't we apparantly try and lure Ancelotti and Moyes? Both claims have as much substance.

Eugh, seeing people justifying his appointment makes me wretch

Funny, you dont know me, yet we seem to share the same boat.

Ye sorry about that, I'm losing the plot (though you don't know me so shouldn't care)

haha, wasnt really arsed mate...these are both testing and depressing times!

He worked with what he had at Blues which was shit, to get the best out of them he had to play shit football.

Sorry I disagree, he had money to spend, managers have philosophies, they don't regularly change. Look at Martinez, he's hardly got world beaters, arguably no better than Blues but he tried to get them playing football, successfully? debatable, he kept them up but that's it. However he sticks to his principles and plays his game.

I struggle to think of many managers who change their styles. Whatever clubs, it's usually all the same, working what they know best. There is no way someone like McLeish would ever get us playing good football, just not going to happen. It'll be disciplined, organised, hard working, defensive, direct counter attack and about nicking games.

As you know, I'm quite positive and I love what Randy has done for the club but 'he played shit football because he didn't have players/money' never washes for me because it's simply rarely ever true and if it were true, then you're appointing the wrong man, because if you want to play good football, then you appoint a manager who has regularly tried to play that way for a set amount of years and who knows how to be successful doing that, not give it to someone who has never tried or been successful playing good, exciting football.

We might do okay under McLeish because we have a decent team and with Bent in the team, he'll score loads and we will most likely be more organised, keep clean sheets and nick games, so we could finish about 8th-10th at highest but the sad thing is, that will be the highest we'll go and what's worse is the fact it'll be mid-table football, in a very dull way.

No different than appointing Pulis or Allardyce for me, who I both hate with a passion.

You still think the reason why Randy bought bent was ambition? Or was it because he realised his 40m + backing from the PL was in danger and had to do something about it quick by using Milner's money plus a little of his own.

Even if, as I'm praying, we turn him down. I think the damage will have been done, I can't see Randy recovering from this unless he then goes onto appoint Mourinho

Its already done, the interview is just a formality for everyone else imo.

The decision has been made.

Any positives?

Err

Anyone take Shearer over McLeish? Shearer and Houghton as a two...

And why the **** would they do any better??

Who took Newcastle down the other year??? oh yeah...

Lol I know. I'm taking the piss. Everything is just a joke now. Fed up!