• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Benitez - Apparently looking a kitty of 60m per year - gone (was he even interviewed?)
Surely he could be reasoned with. He's been out of the game for a while, and a manager's stock can drop quickly. He needs to get back into football.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There is talk that Alex McLeish is now the number one target for Villa," said BBC Radio 5 live's Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy.

"This is fascinating because if McLeish is the number one target, Randy Lerner, the owner of Villa, is fully aware there will be a backlash from some Villa fans even in terms of approaching him.

"Lerner was concerned about a backlash in terms of possibly appointing Steve McClaren last week. I'm not sure what the fans would say about the manager of the Blue Noses going across the road to Aston Villa."

He added: "McLeish, in my opinion, should be in the Premier League as a manager. I'm told that Villa like him, they respect him.

"I've heard from various sources that he is very much in the frame for Lerner. I'm not saying that it's a given but that's an intriguing name to throw into the mix, isn't it?"

The press guys are losing control. I'm just had a massive rant at Moxley & Matt Law (a villa fan by the way) at criticising everything concerning villa. Even telling Coop_86 to piss off when he just asked a simple question. Matt Law calls himself a Villa fan, however, he is having digs at everything concerning Villa. Not only that, he is trying to induce arguments with every Villa fan messaging him. And then, he has the audacity to say 'tempers are running high tonight'.

Neil_Moxley_DM Neil Moxley

What a shambles at Villa. A total and utter disgrace. Lerner and Faulkner should hang their heads in shame.

I think there is alot of geniune resentment in the nationals that they get fed nothing from the club, infact the only person who ever seems to know anything is Matt Kendrick.

I've asked Moxley to explain himself but as yet hasn't with those comments.

They must know something though, why else make such comments?

The guys make my blood boil to be honest. I am training to be a sports journalist, and I am actually having second thoughts now. I would NEVER want to go down the undignified, disrespectful,disreputable, and very discreditable route they seem to adopt whenever they don't get what they want. Matt Law makes me laugh. A guy who proclaims to be a Villa fan of 24 years; who stated that he resents the negative comments from Villa fans regarding Villa's conduct. However, when I questioned why he felt the need to have a dig; he said, why shouldn't I. All the rest of Villa fans are. However, he also says 'Ihonestly have no view on villa media relations'. Then why the dig. The guy is full of contradictions.

Then when I tried to actually question him on his motives and why the sudden change of thought, he declined to comment; instead, only sending childish comments that quite frankly my three year old daughter would be proud of. Laughable.

"There is talk that Alex McLeish is now the number one target for Villa," said BBC Radio 5 live's Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy.

"This is fascinating because if McLeish is the number one target, Randy Lerner, the owner of Villa, is fully aware there will be a backlash from some Villa fans even in terms of approaching him.

"Lerner was concerned about a backlash in terms of possibly appointing Steve McClaren last week. I'm not sure what the fans would say about the manager of the Blue Noses going across the road to Aston Villa."

He added: "McLeish, in my opinion, should be in the Premier League as a manager. I'm told that Villa like him, they respect him.

"I've heard from various sources that he is very much in the frame for Lerner. I'm not saying that it's a given but that's an intriguing name to throw into the mix, isn't it?"

Pat Murphy the definition of throw enough shit and some will stick. He's never been right about anything. He's still throwing...

philmcnulty Phil McNulty

by MattLawExpress

Fairly definitive this one. Just been told by a man who should know that David Moyes is not leaving Everton for Villa. Or anyone else. #fb

3 hours ago

:drowsy:

Apparently he got that from the Everton PR guys....They're not going to say he's resigning the next day are they, they may not even know.

I'd say they are more likely to know than some 'ITK' on Twitter. It also wouldn't surprise me if i wasn't Moyes himself who said it.

I just don't think this one is happening.

Pat Murphy the definition of throw enough shit and some will stick. He's never been right about anything. He's still throwing...

Spot On, Poor Old Pat knows feck all,

Well even if Moyes isn't coming to Villa then the natives are certainly restless!

Even mentioning we've offered Moyes £3.75M deal and a 5 year deal.

This is tweet from a Sticky Toffee a minute ago!

daveyblueefc

Everton to announce moyes' resignation tmora.

I haven't forgotten what Bicks told us all a few days ago neither......

What did Bicks Say Julie?

So SSN say McLeish is on holiday in Corsica...just remind me, where did Randy's plane go last week..?? Hmm...

FFS... AM better not be anywhere near Corsica... Or the Med for that matter.