• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I don't actually believe anything that is written in the press now tbh. It is becoming very comical. Is it partly Villa's fault for not addressing the media. No, I don't think it is. They have conducted themselves very profressionally. However, I do feel that someone needs to come out and address the media now. I know RL likes to keep things under wraps, but an official club statement needs to sent out to various media circles now just to assure the fans that there is no truth in these ridiculous rumours.

Bollocks to the press, they're just trying to smoke out the facts from Villa by making stuff up

**** them

Yes, fair one. I re-evaluated my post after I sent it.

If the general has specified that they are ignoring the press, I can't see how they would suddenly change their stance now.

But, you can't please everyone. I'm sure a lot of fans want something to cling on to at least.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually believe anything that is written in the press now tbh. It is becoming very comical. Is it partly Villa's fault for not addressing the media. No, I don't think it is. They have conducted themselves very profressionally. However, I do feel that someone needs to come out and address the media now. I know RL likes to keep things under wraps, but an official club statement needs to sent out to various media circles now just to assure the fans that there is no truth in these ridiculous rumours.

Bollocks to the press, they're just trying to smoke out the facts from Villa by making stuff up

**** them

:notworthy:

If the press are using these boards and H+V for stories. Some people on here must be moles or undercover pressmen (where Mr Kendrick has actually been all weekend is here). Now, has there been anyone round here stirring up and inciting the masses with names or starting up any campaigns?

Just a thought I just had. I also had another about making a cup of tea, and another about how I need to trim my beard.

Why did Randy fly to Sardinia in the end at the back of last week by the way? I can't seem to find the right page...

Just heard a rumour that Moyes will resign at Everton tomorrow, paving the way for Mc Leish to go there and Moyes coming here. Not ITK by any means but praying its true. I still think there's a very big chance Moyes will be our next manager this week whatever happens..

Hughes was supposedly out of the runing because he resigned so surely that makes it unlikely McCleish will be approached after doing the same thing.

It makes no sense.

I don't buy the hughes loyalty theory.

IMO - whoever our manager is will have to work with\for Faulkner. I am not sure Faulkner would be able to easily impose his will on Mark Hughes - thats why we went for Martinez

Wow, you must know Faulkner really well ?

Also, as Faulkner worked with Randy and MON since 2008, how is it that he suddenly became difficult to work with (that seems to be what you are implying) when appointed as CEO in 2010 ?

Surely by that time MON would have known him well enough, or perhaps MON was the one who was difficult to work with ?

A good manager at the top of his game won't accept any interference and will want to run things his way. Do you recall how Graham Taylor put Doug in his place early in his tenure.

Faulkner rightly or wrongly has a brief to control contracts and wages - he would find this easier with the likes of Martinez \ Houllier - than with Mark Hughes or MON

ALL IMO OF COURSE

Just heard a rumour that Moyes will resign at Everton tomorrow, paving the way for Mc Leish to go there and Moyes coming here. Not ITK by any means but praying its true. I still think there's a very big chance Moyes will be our next manager this week whatever happens..

Please, can we try and keep it sensible on here

jamiemaher wrote :

I fully agree with the comment on not understanding why Villa would be falling over themselves to get Moyes. If the club wants to progress then I dont see Moyes being that man. if the club wants to consolidate itself then i think there is no better man for you. However I would imagine that consolidation isn't really what you're looking for.

Consolidation may not be what the fans are looking for, but there is a lingering question as to whether it may be what Randy Lerner is opting for in the immediate future.

As previously posted, Randy keeps his cards close to his chest and this exposes Aston Villa to media speculation which is probably so far off the radar of actuality it becomes laughable. We need only to look at the fiasco over Martinez to understand that.

I am not expecting a decision from Lerner until after July 1st, in the meantime, the press, the bookies and the fans can enjoy playing the wild speculation game and feel free to vent any untouched vitriol left over from last season at whichever candidate comes to mind that doesn't suit their view of whom the next Villa Manager will be.

I have a feeling that the reason for the strange Moyes for Manager movement is fuelled more by the fact that a serious number of people have placed a lot of money with the bookies on Moyes and their vainglorious desire is to NOT lose that money even at the expense of continuing to argue for Moyes when several sources have indicated that he isn't in the picture.

Randy can't possibly go for McLeish, he just wouldn't do that to us. That would fill me with an blinding rage.

If he does appoint him I'm done with Villa. I don't mind being a mid table club that doesn't win anything. But I want it to be a club I am happy to support. Randy Lerner has slowly made me dislike my club.

I pretty much **** hate Randy Lerner.

A tiny bit of me wants McLeish to get the job now, just so that idiots like you **** off and follow another club. No doubt you were one of the crew wanting Doug Ellis out too.

Armchair watching clowns like you should keep your views to yourself.