• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

....just feel we are all barking up the wrong tree and that when its annouced we will all be shocked.....too many red herrings around for me.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a new poll/thread I think......

If it is there should be some realism about it..

What? Realism? Oh please don't spoil the fun of outrageous illogical speculation. I loved having Rijkaard on the list just so I can at least have a couple of weeks of good Villa day dreams before settling down to the ordinariness of what we are likely to get.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I can't check any history on this forum at the moment, but there is a report on Teamtalk that states King was signed behind Mcleish's back... this might explain why he resigned and might also mean it has nothing to do with the Villa job. There is hope yet.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

The Villa have been in the public eye for a long time over this... More column inches than the Chelsea vacancy and Manu and Liverpool massive 'pre rule change' spending.

Lovely quote from a Bluenose in the Mail, refering to McLeish:

"‘I just don’t understand why he would even be interested in joining them, to be honest. We are looking to strengthen our squad yet Villa are losing their top players."

How I'd love to discuss these words with the fellow.

I'm relaxed - I trust Randy, he isn't that stupid - he's probably on an island stroking his pet cat laughing his arse off.

(First time poster, greetings)

Welcome to the insane parallel universe that is VillaTalk

Hughes was supposedly out of the runing because he resigned so surely that makes it unlikely McCleish will be approached after doing the same thing.

It makes no sense.

I don't buy the hughes loyalty theory.

IMO - whoever our manager is will have to work with\for Faulkner. I am not sure Faulkner would be able to easily impose his will on Mark Hughes - thats why we went for Martinez

Wow, you must know Faulkner really well ?

Also, as Faulkner worked with Randy and MON since 2008, how is it that he suddenly became difficult to work with (that seems to be what you are implying) when appointed as CEO in 2010 ?

Surely by that time MON would have known him well enough, or perhaps MON was the one who was difficult to work with ?

A good manager at the top of his game won't accept any interference and will want to run things his way. Do you recall how Graham Taylor put Doug in his place early in his tenure.

Faulkner rightly or wrongly has a brief to control contracts and wages - he would find this easier with the likes of Martinez \ Houllier - than with Mark Hughes or MON

ALL IMO OF COURSE

Yes, I see your point, but you are talking about a Dinosaur version of management, I think only Alex Ferguson of the top 4 managers has that style.

I think the fact that MON proved so poor at running things possibly would have contributed to any involvement on Faulkner, and quite rightly too, MOn pissed Randy's funds up the wall and proved to be an inept manager in all things off the field.

Do you know for a fact that Mark Hughes controls contracts and other aspects ? I have never seen mention to this anywhere, but if he does perhaps thats a reason why we seemed to distance ourselves from him quite early on. Once bitten and all that !

The press guys are losing control. I'm just had a massive rant at Moxley & Matt Law (a villa fan by the way) at criticising everything concerning villa. Even telling Coop_86 to piss off when he just asked a simple question. Matt Law calls himself a Villa fan, however, he is having digs at everything concerning Villa. Not only that, he is trying to induce arguments with every Villa fan messaging him. And then, he has the audacity to say 'tempers are running high tonight'.

Neil_Moxley_DM Neil Moxley

What a shambles at Villa. A total and utter disgrace. Lerner and Faulkner should hang their heads in shame.