• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks, I'm real proud how my football club has and is continuing to handle looking for a new manager.....Although we fans don't have a clue what is happening, the media don't either, they're guessing just as much as us and I think that's great.

Agreed.

I think RL and PF have conducted themselves brilliantly in all of this.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing being said was that Martinez was either choosing Villa or staying at Wigan. What was we being hammered about

All last night and this morning was constant speculation that Martinez had spoke to us and was going to turn us down.

You can't seriously think we look good at the moment. The biggest media outlets in the country are taking the piss and IMO this could have been prevented.

But like you said ... it's speculation.. we simply asked for permission, Whelan agreed, Martinez had time to think overnight whether he wanted to or not speak with us about the position and that was it - he wants to carry on with whelan - fair enough.

He has not spoken to us so I don't know where you got that from.

we have not met Roberto and we have not had the opportunity to discuss the vacant managerial role with him.

I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks, I'm real proud how my football club has and is continuing to handle looking for a new manager.....

That deserves a :crylaugh:

We have an embarrassing, naive, shambolic board who is making our club a laughing stock, and you are proud.

Oh dear ...

Agreed.

No ones asking us to tap managers up or behave like words removed but we've looked a shambles and the media are having a field day.

All this abuse of the media seems to be ignoring the fact that Martinez didn't even want to talk to us. Would he have had the same feelings of loyalty if the spurs or Liverpool Job was available.

The media shit and piss taking isn't the main thing for me, it's the fact a manager on our short list at a shit team didn't even want to discuss the idea of joining us.

The only thing being said was that Martinez was either choosing Villa or staying at Wigan. What was we being hammered about

All last night and this morning was constant speculation that Martinez had spoke to us and was going to turn us down.

You can't seriously think we look good at the moment. The biggest media outlets in the country are taking the piss and IMO this could have been prevented.

I guess it just depends on how much you care what other people think. Personally, I don't care and I know managers/players understand the media and won't think anything of it.

embarrassing, naive, shambolic board who is making our club a laughing stock

You think that because you don't have a clue who the next manager will be, you only know about some managers that were offered an interview yet that's all they were offered INTERVIEWS...Just like the media you know nothing.

It does not look too promising atm but lets wait & see who the Board appoint as Manager before crucifying them.

It is frustrating but we may yet still have the last laugh just as we did on the Blues getting relegated.

I guess it just depends on how much you care what other people think. Personally, I don't care and I know managers/players understand the media and won't think anything of it.

Well we'll see who we end up with and what players stay before we can claim players and managers don't care. You might not care but surely you can see why some fans do.

Once again it's a randy is untouchable thing. The biggest media outlets are taking the piss and having a field day. We still need to protect the image of the club and it wouldn't take much to make us look less shambolic than we currently do.

Even if we do go out and get a wow manager in the end, all this could have been prevented.

Putting a positive spin on things we know that the following wont be our next manager:-

Martinez

Benitez

Mclaren.

Well apparently we are not interested in Hughes at all either - from the official line and from ITKs.

And Ancelotti ruled himself out as did Moyes before he went on holiday.

Which does make you think WTF

Bit embaressing that Martinez preferred to stay at Wigan rather than talk to us. But tbh I think the club are trying to do things the right way. For all his talk of propriety Whelan shouting his mouth off is what stitched us up. Why tell the media that he'd agreed for Roberto to speak to us? So he can show how great a chairman he is and get some good PR for his club.

Media have no clue who we are speaking to unless fathead chairmen start shouting their mouths off

Well we'll see who we end up with and what players stay before we can claim players and managers don't care. You might not care but surely you can see why some fans do.

Once again it's a randy is untouchable thing. The biggest media outlets are taking the piss and having a field day. We still need to protect the image of the club and it wouldn't take much to make us look less shambolic than we currently do.

Even if we do go out and get a wow manager in the end, all this could have been prevented.

I do understand where you're coming from - in the sense that Aston Villa don't look great at the moment. But the bit I'd question you on is, how is that Randy's fault?

He has kept very quiet, professional and dignified throughout. He can't be held responsible for the national media taking umbridge with the lack of information coming out of the Club so they start making up complete rumours, can he? I'd rather an appointment be handled like this than for all and sundry to know about it - providing he gets the right man eventually of course.

Untill an appointment has been made no-one can really analyse whether this has been a successful process or not. If we appoint someone like Coyle or Gary Mac then I might well have a different opinion.

I am a little disappointed that a decision wasn't made by today, as was rumoured (yes, that word again) to be the case. But I'm willing to hold fire and not start pointing any blame untill the process has been completed. The media hate us, and always have, so this week is part and parcel really.

If we sign Ancelotti tomorrow there will still be those in the media who would find a way of twisting it into a negative - such as:

VILLA'S CARLO BRIBE!

or

CARLO DECIDES TO DOWNGRADE

When people write they think that the way we have handled this manager situation poorly, or that we are looking like a circus, I get this image in my head of a little boy throwing a tantrum because he's not allowed to open up his Christmas present early.

Grow up kids - in two weeks time you will have forgotten about this "delay" which is less than the time Chelsea have taken to appoint their manager.

How could this have been prevented exactly? What are you suggesting the club should be doing? Are you saying you want us to be like Harry Redknapp and give the media a running commentary of what's going on in our club, who we want to speak to and where we're up to with them?

I despair sometimes. Get used to the fact that the media will say what they like.