• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

McCleish was just dropped into the frame on SSN, going on about how there was loads of chatter about him being in line for the job (where?) so that's why you'll have seen his odds drop, the mouth breathers will have heard that and jumped straight online to back what's clearly a dead cert because it was on SSN.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCleish was just dropped into the frame on SSN, going on about how there was loads of chatter about him being in line for the job (where?) so that's why you'll have seen his odds drop, the mouth breathers will have heard that and jumped straight online to back what's clearly a dead cert because it was on SSN.

He'd do anything to want to join a bigger club with ambitions. Though if Randy was put off interviewing Mclaren because of fan pressure, then there is no chance he will go anywhere near this. Anyone taking those ridiculously low odds on Betfair are being mugged by the people laying.

This is going is get lot of stick but why not McClaren, he's the only one so far that wants to manage us but has not been considered because of the abuse he has had from the forum fans, some justified & a lot not justified

I will say that again he wants to be considered

With the rapidly shrinking list of candidates ruling themselves out why not give him a chance as it seems he wants it & has something to prove. I hate to say it but it looks like the Villa job is not as attractive as us fans think it is

I can only see it being him (if considered) or Hughes now, but what if Hughes don't want it. This is turning into a farce. Randy & co should have had a list of candidates drawn up just in case Houllier wouldn't return, not start looking the day after they've released him. I mean Fulham got thier man in a week & they had no idea they were going to need a new manager. :x

It takes me three months to usually employ managers at my work - this doesn't mean I am incompetent, it doesn't mean no one wants to work for me, it actually means I am ensuring I am making the right decision for my company.

God forbid what would happen to Randy if he took the same length of time...

That's all well & good for you... but we ain't got 3 months, time is of the essance. Before you know the season will have started, good players that have left haven't been replaced & we will employ someone in September who will say he didn't have chance to add to the squad, have a pre-season with the players etc etc & we will have another crap season.....

Most players and managers are on their summer holidays... I think we can afford Randy a couple of weeks slack before we come up with the "we need time to buy players and gel" excuse, which in reality is just a cover up for saying "I'm a really impatient sod".

They have mobiles, e-mail on Hols, don't they?

Agreed a certain amount of time should be allowed to find a replacement, it's been a week & a half so far, i would expect something concrete soon though. As posted above though surely the board must have had a "plan B" should Houllier's health stop him returning it's not like the guy quit the job & left us in the crapper

This is going is get lot of stick but why not McClaren, he's the only one so far that wants to manage us but has not been considered because of the abuse he has had from the forum fans, some justified & a lot not justified

I will say that again he wants to be considered

With the rapidly shrinking list of candidates ruling themselves out why not give him a chance as it seems he wants it & has something to prove. I hate to say it but it looks like the Villa job is not as attractive as us fans think it is

I can only see it being him (if considered) or Hughes now, but what if Hughes don't want it. This is turning into a farce. Randy & co should have had a list of candidates drawn up just in case Houllier wouldn't return, not start looking the day after they've released him. I mean Fulham got thier man in a week & they had no idea they were going to need a new manager. :x

It takes me three months to usually employ managers at my work - this doesn't mean I am incompetent, it doesn't mean no one wants to work for me, it actually means I am ensuring I am making the right decision for my company.

God forbid what would happen to Randy if he took the same length of time...

That's all well & good for you... but we ain't got 3 months, time is of the essance. Before you know the season will have started, good players that have left haven't been replaced & we will employ someone in September who will say he didn't have chance to add to the squad, have a pre-season with the players etc etc & we will have another crap season.....

Most players and managers are on their summer holidays... I think we can afford Randy a couple of weeks slack before we come up with the "we need time to buy players and gel" excuse, which in reality is just a cover up for saying "I'm a really impatient sod".

They have mobiles, e-mail on Hols, don't they?

Agreed a certain amount of time should be allowed to find a replacement, it's been a week & a half so far, i would expect something concrete soon though. As posted above though surely the board must have had a "plan B" should Houllier's health stop him returning it's not like the guy quit the job & left us in the crapper

When I wrote players and manager are on their holidays, I didn't mean this would slow down the recruitment process. I meant that even if we did employ a manager today it would be a few weeks before discussions with players signing for Villa would start because they, and their agents, are all away settled in a world that does not contain football. As such, let Randy take a few weeks... it matters not at all to this summers plans.

McLeish would be an awful appointment. We'd be even more of a hoofball team than if we had Fat Sam.

I really do not want McLeish. They keep going on about it on SSN now, how McLeish is making big moves in the market. Please no!

If the big names aren't obtainable then I would be happy with Mclaren from the mediocre side of the list. If he's rubbish we can always sack him.
Oh my god no, hope it dont come to it..I dont think it will...We are and can do better than that...In Randy we trust.

Part of me thinks we won't have a big signing and it will be an underwhelming one and we will feel like that because people are making stupid rumours up! Hope I'm wrong! Still hoping for a big signing!