• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Does it not make sense the only reason villa released any kind of statement is because of blabber mouth whealan?

Could be as much as we want to say on the matter but the key for me is villa saying Martinez agreed something earlier ib the week and obviously whealan knew this and making a load of spin off the back of it.

Don't be fooled!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could this have been prevented exactly? What are you suggesting the club should be doing? Are you saying you want us to be like Harry Redknapp and give the media a running commentary of what's going on in our club, who we want to speak to and where we're up to with them?

You don't have to reveal everything but small bits of info at the right time would prevent the press from coming up with all this negative speculation.

Release a small statement to clear up Benitez and it stops all the shit about no money.

Release a statement yesterday to say we hadn't spoke to Martinez and it stops 24 hours of big media outlets making us look small time and taking the piss.

I despair that fans are so happy to accept their club looking this way. Once again expectations and standards drop. Longer randy is here the lower some fans expectations seem to drop. Very strange.

The club shouldn't have to release a statement every time a newspaper links us to a certain manager. The other option as a fan could be is to use your common sense and not believe or worry about everything in the media.

People said we were a laughing stock in January as well, then we signed Bent and finished 9th. Sometimes it's just about going on about our work professionally.

I haven't lowered my standards, I just don't care what talksport/thesun/mirror etc...think of Aston Villa, because I know what they think means **** all. :|

Martinez didn't have the chance to talk to us.

We offered him the chance and he decided he didn't want to

Like it or not football clubs are brands in today's modern football and you need to protect your brand.

Have you ever stopped to think maybe he just didn't want to leave Wigan, it maybe doesn't matter who came in for him he felt he owed it to Dave Whelan and the Wigan fans to stay on a while longer?

Did that cross your mind? or was your first thought: Another thing I can have a MOAN about on VillaTalk.

So what's the latest guys?

Not much happened today - just Martinez comitting his future to Wigan before speaking to Villa. Some are taking it that we are now a laughing stock, others are thankful that for once there appears to be a bit of loyalty in an otherwise money-grabbing industry.

No one knows who is the favorite now... possibly Hughes, though some people are expecting a miracle Moyes appointment, which I guess is still a possibility.

This is going is get lot of stick but why not McClaren, he's the only one so far that wants to manage us but has not been considered because of the abuse he has had from the forum fans, some justified & a lot not justified

I will say that again he wants to be considered

With the rapidly shrinking list of candidates ruling themselves out why not give him a chance as it seems he wants it & has something to prove. I hate to say it but it looks like the Villa job is not as attractive as us fans think it is

I can only see it being him (if considered) or Hughes now, but what if Hughes don't want it. This is turning into a farce. Randy & co should have had a list of candidates drawn up just in case Houllier wouldn't return, not start looking the day after they've released him. I mean Fulham got thier man in a week & they had no idea they were going to need a new manager. :x

simple rules for getting manager

1/ get permission to talk

2/ wait to hear from the man in question to see if he wants to talk

3/talk

4/do process again with other targets on short list

5/decide on manager

6/offer job

7/notify press and fans

This is how our board work and i believe its the right way and we dont need to know about targets until we are told.

Nothing wrong with our club or board just media stirring up trouble because they either want to sell papers or get listeners or viewers !!!

Lets just chillout pour a cold one and wait for randy to find the right man for villa ......

PEACE OUT CHAPS :D

This is going is get lot of stick but why not McClaren, he's the only one so far that wants to manage us but has not been considered because of the abuse he has had from the forum fans, some justified & a lot not justified

With the rapidly shrinking list of candidates ruling themselves out why not give him a chance as it seems he wants it & has something to prove. I hate to say it but it looks like the Villa job is not as attractive as us fans think it is

I can only see it being him (if considered) or Hughes now, but what if Hughes don't want it. This is turning into a farce. Randy & co should have had a list of candidates drawn up just in case Houllier wouldn't return, not start looking the day after they've released him. I mean Fulham got thier man in a week & they had no idea they were going to need a new manager. :x

It takes me three months to usually employ managers at my work - this doesn't mean I am incompetent, it doesn't mean no one wants to work for me, it actually means I am ensuring I am making the right decision for my company.

God forbid what would happen to Randy if he took the same length of time...

The club shouldn't have to release a statement every time a newspaper links us to a certain manager. The other option as a fan could be is to use your common sense and not believe or worry about everything in the media.

Haven't asked them to release a statement every time a newspaper links us to a certain manager and I've said the press write a lot of shit and I can use my common sense thanks. That doesn't stop the image of a small time club being portrayed through the national media, you're ok with that, great, me I don't think it does us any favours, especially when one of our best players is leaving and another one wants to.

Hughes blatantly does want the job.

As for McClaren - IF the board rated him enough to interview they should have interviewed him . It is a bit meek of them to cancel because of his unpopularity but at same time i myself wouldnt want McClaren here

Bit embaressing that Martinez preferred to stay at Wigan rather than talk to us. But tbh I think the club are trying to do things the right way. For all his talk of propriety Whelan shouting his mouth off is what stitched us up. Why tell the media that he'd agreed for Roberto to speak to us? So he can show how great a chairman he is and get some good PR for his club.

Media have no clue who we are speaking to unless fathead chairmen start shouting their mouths off

Cant see what your getting at to be honest.... Whats wrong with Whelen being open to the Press, He HAD given permission for Roberto to speak to us, he DID tell the press that we went about it in the right manner and very proffesionally... and Yes he wants good PR for the Club, what Chairman doesnt?

Maybe he really does love Roberto and felt if he said something in the press about how he hopes he stays and that they have worked greatly together over the last couple of years might tempt him to sign the new contract he has prepared for him.... (its worked aint it?)

To me he has not stitched us up at all, He just wanted to get his point across of how much he rated HIS manager at the time and if he decides to stay he would be over the moon, but on the other side of things he had agreed to give Roberto the permission to speak to us as he could understand if he was interested......

What is so wrong with that exactly?

He could have not given us permission and still gone to press saying we were after Roberto but he hadnt granted permission as he see's us as no bigger than Wigan at the moment...

Jeez the guy rates his manager and gives us credit for trying to operate in the correct manner and he has somehow stiched us up?

Can I ask you if you actually wanted Roberto Martinez?, cause if you don't it will be even funnier.

You know the media (and indeed some Villa supporters) will try to put a cynical or negative spin no matter what we do. In January it was all about Villa have no money. Then we spend 18 million on Darren Bent and it's "desperation". You can't win. All you can do is watch and wait and decide you can either live with the Board's choice and say **** the media and **** what my boss says to me Monday morning.

Or you can slit your wrists and bemoan how humiliated we were and how far we've fallen (from what exactly?)