• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Have you ever stopped to think maybe he just didn't want to leave Wigan, it maybe doesn't matter who came in for him he felt he owed it to Dave Whelan and the Wigan fans to stay on a while longer?

Did that cross your mind? or was your first thought: Another thing I can have a MOAN about on VillaTalk.

Er yes it did cross my mind and then I thought would Martinez turn down the chance to talk to the likes of spurs and Liverpool and I thought no. And they're the teams we should be competing with.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing must be thinking what the hell am i doing here.

Where is my career going? We have no manager one of our best players have just left for the champions with no sign of a replacement coming in and we dont even have a goalkeeper

I bet those wages liverpool are hanging in front of his nose via his agent are looking even more appealing with every day that passes...

Mcleish has just droped to 3-1 on Betfair!!

bookies odds mean nothing

please mods a sticky would be nice for this

I agree, but everytime something has broken they have dropped like this on Betfair, Martinez, Benitex Mclaren, everyone. Betfair is a little different to a notmal bookie

simple rules for getting manager

1/ get permission to talk

2/ wait to hear from the man in question to see if he wants to talk

3/talk

4/do process again with other targets on short list

5/decide on manager

6/offer job

7/notify press and fans

This is how our board work and i believe its the right way and we dont need to know about targets until we are told.

Nothing wrong with our club or board just media stirring up trouble because they either want to sell papers or get listeners or viewers !!!

Lets just chillout pour a cold one and wait for randy to find the right man for villa ......

PEACE OUT CHAPS :D

Exactly what i shall be doing !!

This is going is get lot of stick but why not McClaren, he's the only one so far that wants to manage us but has not been considered because of the abuse he has had from the forum fans, some justified & a lot not justified

I will say that again he wants to be considered

With the rapidly shrinking list of candidates ruling themselves out why not give him a chance as it seems he wants it & has something to prove. I hate to say it but it looks like the Villa job is not as attractive as us fans think it is

I can only see it being him (if considered) or Hughes now, but what if Hughes don't want it. This is turning into a farce. Randy & co should have had a list of candidates drawn up just in case Houllier wouldn't return, not start looking the day after they've released him. I mean Fulham got thier man in a week & they had no idea they were going to need a new manager. :x

It takes me three months to usually employ managers at my work - this doesn't mean I am incompetent, it doesn't mean no one wants to work for me, it actually means I am ensuring I am making the right decision for my company.

God forbid what would happen to Randy if he took the same length of time...

That's all well & good for you... but we ain't got 3 months, time is of the essance. Before you know the season will have started, good players that have left haven't been replaced & we will employ someone in September who will say he didn't have chance to add to the squad, have a pre-season with the players etc etc & we will have another crap season.....

If this is true, then it is only because there is no liquidity on his line, and you'll only get some wally offering a fiver on it. Betting on Betfair in this market is volatile to say the least and should absolutely not be used as a metric to work out who is going to be our new boss.

Martinez didn't have the chance to talk to us.

We offered him the chance and he decided he didn't want to

Like it or not football clubs are brands in today's modern football and you need to protect your brand.

Whelan said we requested permission to speak to Martinez 9 days ago. Why didn't he reveal it to the media at the time? Maybe it was because Martinez might have been interested at the time and he thought he might lose him so kept it quiet.

But he waited until yesterday to reveal it when he clearly knew Martinez wasn't going to leave.

How do you know that the reason Martinez wasn't going to leave was because he wasn't interested in us?

What if during the 9 days we had made a breakthrough on another target and then contacted Whelan again and said we no longer want to talk to Martinez?

This is going is get lot of stick but why not McClaren, he's the only one so far that wants to manage us but has not been considered because of the abuse he has had from the forum fans, some justified & a lot not justified

With the rapidly shrinking list of candidates ruling themselves out why not give him a chance as it seems he wants it & has something to prove. I hate to say it but it looks like the Villa job is not as attractive as us fans think it is

I can only see it being him (if considered) or Hughes now, but what if Hughes don't want it. This is turning into a farce. Randy & co should have had a list of candidates drawn up just in case Houllier wouldn't return, not start looking the day after they've released him. I mean Fulham got thier man in a week & they had no idea they were going to need a new manager. :x

It takes me three months to usually employ managers at my work - this doesn't mean I am incompetent, it doesn't mean no one wants to work for me, it actually means I am ensuring I am making the right decision for my company.

God forbid what would happen to Randy if he took the same length of time...

That's all well & good for you... but we ain't got 3 months, time is of the essance. Before you know the season will have started, good players that have left haven't been replaced & we will employ someone in September who will say he didn't have chance to add to the squad, have a pre-season with the players etc etc & we will have another crap season.....

Most players and managers are on their summer holidays... I think we can afford Randy a couple of weeks slack before we come up with the "we need time to buy players and gel" excuse, which in reality is just a cover up for saying "I'm a really impatient sod".

The club shouldn't have to release a statement every time a newspaper links us to a certain manager. The other option as a fan could be is to use your common sense and not believe or worry about everything in the media.

Haven't asked them to release a statement every time a newspaper links us to a certain manager and I've said the press write a lot of shit and I can use my common sense thanks. That doesn't stop the image of a small time club being portrayed through the national media, you're ok with that, great, me I don't think it does us any favours, especially when one of our best players is leaving and another one wants to.

yeah but we released a statement the other day. everyone ignored it. the statement re: martinez today, all the media have ignored, as reporting martinez turns down villa sounds better and is a more exciting story to report.

the press will report what they think will sell papers/get people watching SSN/listening to and phoning in the radio. i honestly dont know what we could do that would actually change that. and if we starting putting out more statements they would just spin it as look how small time, insecure and desperate we are, getting upset by some press speculation.

If this is true, then it is only because there is no liquidity on his line, and you'll only get some wally offering a fiver on it.

No, it's been coming in all afternoon - I was laying at between 17 and 19 which I thought (and still do) was a very good bet. I'll blow myself if that pig-eyed sack of shit is even in the running.

Hughes blatantly does want the job.

As for McClaren - IF the board rated him enough to interview they should have interviewed him . It is a bit meek of them to cancel because of his unpopularity but at same time i myself wouldnt want McClaren here

I don't remember Hughes saying that.. As far as i'm aware McClaren is the only one (yes, the only one) who has said he is interested & the board should have at least interviewed him. If peer pressure led them not to consider him in the wake of "another houllier" situation then I think they are soft. If there were a large amount of candidates then I could understand it, but we are thin on the ground now..

Board must have known there was a chance Gerard Houllier was not going to be the manager when they found out he was ill. That was a long time ago now, would have expected them to have a few people lined up ready to appoint. Fulham must have known there was a chance that Hughes was leaving. They snapped up Jol swift. Back to business for them. Lets hope they got something up their sleeve (and not waiting till July 1st for Hughes).