• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Just chatting to an Evertonian and he seems convinced we're still in debt, is this true? (on topic because i'm talking to him about Moyes & how we have nothing to offer him in the way of signing players).

A club in debt does not splash out 24million on a striker in January. They said this all along we've got no money hence why MON walked when in reality it was the ridiculous wage bill which was the problem. Everton fans are clutching at straws and sound a bit like Rafa.

Randy lerner is in debt to....Randy Lerner.

OH the horror, were on the verge of going bust :lol:

Exactly, the money put into the club comes ultimately from various Lerner family trusts. It always has done. That's very different to owing money to a bank a fact lots of fans of other clubs fail to recognise.

Everton openly admit they have no money and Kenwright has talked many times about getting outside investors to back the club. A very different scenario.

That's why we could be attractive to Moyes as we can fund a good transfer window. Moyes big problem is every year he has to sell one of his best players to fund squad rebuilding. We do not so the logic follows that good manager like Moyes might have more success with us.

I thing Moyes relationship with Kenwright is a bit like Whelan and Martinez and I also think Moyes sees himself as the next manager of either Man U or Liverpool.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky just reported that not even the senior board members know who we are signing.. only person is Randy and Faulkner.. i think the General would know too..

They also reported that Randy just left the country... TheTrees? what you got mate? lol

Like the Amazing Race.

He was Lerners 1st choice 12 months ago so yes, Hughes looks nailed on

Says who exactly?

Why oh why do put this drivel up here when it is patently not true.

How would anybody (bar RL himself) know who his first choice last year was? It is not as though Randy shares his thoughts with the local press every week is it?

Just wondering will people still be taking Tim Abraham and Matt Kendrick as read from now on? Looks like they got the Martinez thing all wrong. This morning all the tweets were saying today was the day Roberto would decide whether he would stay at Wigan or join Villa and it turns out he was never even interviewed, nevermind offered the job.

Says who exactly?

How would anybody (bar RL himself) know who his first choice last year was? It is not as though Randy shares his thoughts with the local press every week is it?

Moye's has always been Randie's first choice. If i remember rightly what was said at the time, and by Kendrick more recently. By the time Moyes actually ruled himself out, Hughes had taken the Fulham Job, and that it would be tricky prising him away from a job that he had already taken.

In fact, i think its always been Moyes and Hughes in that order.

Its quite possible, with regards to the mis information flying around, that MM has been fed some aswell :winkold:

Just wondering will people still be taking Tim Abraham and Matt Kendrick as read from now on? Looks like they got the Martinez thing all wrong. This morning all the tweets were saying today was the day Roberto would decide whether he would stay at Wigan or join Villa and it turns out he was never even interviewed, nevermind offered the job.
So have they been fed the wrong information? If so, why?

Can people stop giving attention to the bluesnose moles like valhalla and trs-t, they are obviously going to stay and post their rubbish if you all quote them and get angry over it.

Just thought I'd correct you there mate.

I support Villa.

Says who exactly?

Moye's has always been Randie's first choice. If i remember rightly what was said at the time, and by Kendrick more recently. By the time Moyes actually ruled himself out, Hughes had taken the Fulham Job, and that it would be tricky prising him away from a job that he had already taken.

Its quite possible, with regards to the mis information flying around, that MM has been fed some aswell :winkold:

Didnt Hughes take the Fulham job on the Tuesday or Wednesday only for MON to quit on the following Monday

The easiest way to find out who is leaking information is by giving out false info, I think now Randy knows that he cant trust anyone to keep stum, so he is keeping his cards close to his chest and only giving Paul Faulkner a look.

Says who exactly?

Didnt Hughes take the Fulham job on the Tuesday or Wednesday only for MON to quit on the following Monday

Yep Hughes has already signed up to Fulham when MON quit.

MON quit 5 days before the season kicked off, no manager was going to leave their club and come to us at that stage.

I thought Ancelotti was meant to be taking over today, hey VillaandLoyal ;)
There's still time :angry:
I have this feeling that for a lot of European managers - and this would go for a lot of tourists as well - England means London (with maybe a bit of Oxford/Stratford/Bath/York on the side), and that goes double for the urbane ones who like to wear sharp suits in the technical area, rather than tracky bottoms and footy boots. So when Ancelotti says he would like to continue working in England at some point I think the subtext of that would be: with a team based in the capital. That's probably why he said that stuff about possibly being prepared to drop down a division to manage West Ham – London, innit. I think he may eventually wind up at Spurs or QPR.