• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The easiest way to find out who is leaking information is by giving out false info, I think now Randy knows that he cant trust anyone to keep stum, so he is keeping his cards close to his chest and only giving Paul Faulkner a look.

Thing is - even if Randy didn't say a word to anyone - the press will still speculate - they won't just say nothing.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was Lerners 1st choice 12 months ago so yes, Hughes looks nailed on

Says who exactly?

Why oh why do put this drivel up here when it is patently not true.

How would anybody (bar RL himself) know who his first choice last year was? It is not as though Randy shares his thoughts with the local press every week is it?

Moye's has always been Randie's first choice. If i remember rightly what was said at the time, and by Kendrick more recently. By the time Moyes actually ruled himself out, Hughes had taken the Fulham Job, and that it would be tricky prising him away from a job that he had already taken.

In fact, i think its always been Moyes and Hughes in that order.

Its quite possible, with regards to the mis information flying around, that MM has been fed some aswell :winkold:

Didnt Hughes take the Fulham job on the Tuesday or Wednesday only for MON to quit on the following Monday

Cant remember the time scale, old age :lol:

The problem between Randy and MoN goes back to the January and February of that year, and it was not solely because of Faulkner. Lets just say, that Randy had a feeling Martin was going to walk and made contigency plans.....

Then when everything seemed to have been smoothed over, Martin plunged the dagger in deeper with his (planned) exit.

Rest is history, other than it left Randy in hard place with the season upon us, and unable to put those contingency plans into operation.

Just wondering will people still be taking Tim Abraham and Matt Kendrick as read from now on? Looks like they got the Martinez thing all wrong. This morning all the tweets were saying today was the day Roberto would decide whether he would stay at Wigan or join Villa and it turns out he was never even interviewed, nevermind offered the job.
So have they been fed the wrong information? If so, why?

They must have been and I don't know why. I was just pointing out that their word cannot be trusted all the time either .

Moyes to Villa is really gathering steam on twitter. Obviously we all know it is purely speculation. But, I am kind of hoping that now one story will actually stick. I still have a feeling he has always been our prime target, and that is why nothing has been leaked or even mentioned from Villa or Moyes. It will be Moyes...........I can dream!!

Moyes to Villa is really gathering steam on twitter. Obviously we all know it is purely speculation. But, I am kind of hoping that now one story will actually stick. I still have a feeling he has always been our prime target, and that is why nothing has been leaked or even mentioned from Villa or Moyes. It will be Moyes...........I can dream!!

Nothing has been mentioned because

1.Moyes is on Holiday

2.He has previously said he isn't interseted

No doubt when he returns from holiday he will distance himself again.

I really don't see it being Moyes.