• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice start:

Skysports.com understands Alex McLeish has made Birmingham defender Scott Dann his top target when he takes charge at Aston Villa.

Arsenal are also linked with him. It wont happen

Doug Ellis.. i can understand.. he loved the club and loved being the owner of the club he loved.. and he didnt have the finance to support the club.

Randy.. what is the point? You dont love the club. Its a business.. yet you have accepted to become mid table mediocrity... you wont make money? just sell up and go.. i cant see the point of him staying? for him ?

We'll see. I suspect this might be the beginning of the end for Randy and eventually Villa's existence in the premier league to be honest. Bad Manager who makes poor signings (with notable exceptions) taking over, decreasing attendences, decreased spending on playing staff... His tenure is going to be, at best, mediocre and boring.

great

Doug Ellis.. i can understand.. he loved the club and loved being the owner of the club he loved.. and he didnt have the finance to support the club.

Randy.. what is the point? You dont love the club. Its a business.. yet you have accepted to become mid table mediocrity... you wont make money? just sell up and go.. i cant see the point of him staying? for him ?

When did Randy say he didnt love the club?

Nice start:

Skysports.com understands Alex McLeish has made Birmingham defender Scott Dann his top target when he takes charge at Aston Villa.

Arsenal are also linked with him. It wont happen

Arsenal are allegedly close to signing Chris Samba - he'll be the 'rock' next to Vermaelan

Yes, he has no desire for success or to move the club on. Investing millions in the squad, the Holte Pub, the training ground and the stadium was all just, errr, all just, hmmmm, no, can't think why he would have done all that apart from wanting to take the club forward.

And if he appoints Mcleish, it'll be because Mcleish has convinced him he's the best available candidate to take Villa further forward.

Talk is cheap.

Actions speak louder.

Actions speak louder than words.

We wont sign any Birmingham players.. not with the way this McLeish thing has gone down. Wont even sign Keith Fahey..

I actually believe Randy loves the club - that's what makes his pursuit of McLeish so bizarre. What is it about McLeish that the board love so much? Has McLeish got Randy's dog held hostage or something?

And if he appoints Mcleish, it'll be because Mcleish has convinced him he's the best available candidate to take Villa further forward.

By the looks of things, all that will require is for AM to rattle a little toy in Randy's face and make funny noises

The media are saying that AVFC are taking a big risk in hiring McLeish.

In my book risk means uncertainty, and I am not uncertain of the outcome here!

He will stay for two years, tops three. We will have a little bit weaker squad, our brand of football will have become worse, attendances will have gone down and we don't have Darren Bent anymore.

Imagine being a player hearing about former players like Mark Hughes, even an up and coming Martinez, Martin Jol, Frank Rijkaard, Carlo Ancelotti and Sanchez Flores. Then they open the newspaper

and see this ginger, **** joker accepting the job.

WTF!?

A lot of people inside the game are saying it is a good appointment. Only downside is fans' reaction to being ex blues.

I'd be interested in how much you know about rijkaard (not counting barca and the ethos instilled by cruyff) and flores' brand of football?

Alan Brazil who allegdly is a good friend of AM said he couldnt understand a) why Villa would go for McL and B) why McL would want to take it

I actually believe Randy loves the club - that's what makes his pursuit of McLeish so bizarre. What is it about McLeish that the board love so much? Has McLeish got Randy's dog held hostage or something?

someone posted an old article about McLeish before he took the Birmingham job spent a week or so in Lyon when Houllier was still in charge.

I think Houllier may have recommend him or given advice to club.

It may well be his brainwave of an idea.

Also read that Lerner has "got on" with McLeish over past few years.

Either way is diabolical decision.

I work with fans of many different football clubs.

Every single one of them has been asking me what the hell is going on with my club. They all think it's a lunatic decision.

Actions speak louder than words.

We wont sign any Birmingham players.. not with the way this McLeish thing has gone down. Wont even sign Keith Fahey..

Holte end pub

Training ground

Stand extension

Darren Bent

Yes you are right actions speak louder than words. But just because Mcleish doesnt fit with many peoples ideal (including mine) does not mean that Randy doesnt love the club or want what is best for it. It might be hard for people to comprehend (including me) but Randy may just see Mcleish as the best candidate available for the job and if it does turn out that Mcleish is appointed I will give him a fair crack.