• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the club need stability initially above anything else, which Moyes would provide. Given his track record at EFC with virtually no resources I believe he could take us to a level beyond what MON was capable of. This would be, in the first instance, domestic silverware and a manager that actually believes in European competitions rather than just the idea of them (see MON again for that).

Just curious what does ITSOTP mean?

12 months on here and you don't know In The Shirt On The Pitch?

Next you'll say you don't know WDFAFC ;-)

There is no way Moyes will get a top 4 job. The media just assume it's the Top 4 plus Liverpool and Spurs and nobody else. We are a BIG club and a manger of Moyes' ability would jump at the chance to try and get us back to the glory days.

I'm becoming more sceptical about us getting or even pursuing Moyes now. The Evertonians here are actually talking sense in my opinion, and there is a strong case for Moyes not even wanting a move to Villa. All just feelings and hunches though, and I suppose we'll get all answers in due time. As has been pointed out, we are still in holiday times for the football world.

The fact we don't do our business in public is no excuse to give credence to any absurd suggestion. For the record as the everton fan says, Moyes has already said he's looking forward to taking Everton forward next season. This is the end of it.

We're making ourselves look small time clinging on to this hope.

We will find a manager who will take us forward, but it will not be Moyes. I'm sure Randy is doing all he can, but there's not a lot out there at the moment. Better he takes his time and gets it right.

For what it's worth, RE all the "Moyes/EFC havnt made a statement" comments. Moyes is on holiday at the moment IF he was to make a statement it will be when he returns which is the end of this week (if reports are to be believed). Everton and Moyes have both previously stated that he is not interested/ not available. They can't keep coming out and denying it when there has been no real claims to respond to.

If there was actually anything factual to respond to then EFC might but as its all just been internet chatter there is no reason for the club or the manager to say anything they havnt already. Clubs up and down the country will not respond to every new unfounded story. For example there are more spurious rumours of Downing to LFC, do you expect the club to come out and deny it everytime this happens or do you think the initial denial is suffiecient?

As Stu The Villain said, I'm not sure of the fascination with Moyes as I can't see how he alone will take you to the next level.

As I've said before, he said he wasn't interested while Houllier was still in post, which is exactly what you would expect him to say. As far as I'm aware he has made no comment about the Villa vacancy since Houllier left, which is unlike him. Whether this means he is coming to Villa or not is another thing, but his current lack of comment means something other than he is on holiday. If he was definitely out of the running he would have made a statement through EFC for the sake of Everton fans.

m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/21/david-moyes-aston-villa-denial?cat=football&type=article

In this interview, yes Pre-GH leaving, he clearly clearly states he is not interested, even if the job became available which everyone knew it was. He goes on to talk about being very happy at Everton despite contstraints. He's said he's not interested in the job once, he doesn't need to say it again.

Given his track record at EFC with virtually no resources I believe he could take us to a level beyond what MON was capable of. This would be, in the first instance, domestic silverware and a manager to actually believes in European competitions rather than just the idea of them

Im sorry mate, but what silverware has he won?

In my eyes, Moyes just keeps Everton ticking over every season. Nothing spectacular, just playing percentage football and grinding out results. Makes a few good signings but also makes a few duds.

Hes all just a bit 'meh' for me.

Id honestly like us to take a chance on an up and coming manager over Moyes. Bit of a risk yes, but a risk which could ultimately turn out to be a stroke of genius

For what it's worth, RE all the "Moyes/EFC havnt made a statement" comments. Moyes is on holiday at the moment IF he was to make a statement it will be when he returns which is the end of this week (if reports are to be believed). Everton and Moyes have both previously stated that he is not interested/ not available. They can't keep coming out and denying it when there has been no real claims to respond to.

If there was actually anything factual to respond to then EFC might but as its all just been internet chatter there is no reason for the club or the manager to say anything they havnt already. Clubs up and down the country will not respond to every new unfounded story. For example there are more spurious rumours of Downing to LFC, do you expect the club to come out and deny it everytime this happens or do you think the initial denial is suffiecient?

As Stu The Villain said, I'm not sure of the fascination with Moyes as I can't see how he alone will take you to the next level.

As I've said before, he said he wasn't interested while Houllier was still in post, which is exactly what you would expect him to say. As far as I'm aware he has made no comment about the Villa vacancy since Houllier left, which is unlike him. Whether this means he is coming to Villa or not is another thing, but his current lack of comment means something other than he is on holiday. If he was definitely out of the running he would have made a statement through EFC for the sake of Everton fans.

m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/21/david-moyes-aston-villa-denial?cat=football&type=article

In this interview, yes Pre-GH leaving, he clearly clearly states he is not interested, even if the job became available which everyone knew it was. He goes on to talk about being very happy at Everton despite contstraints. He's said he's not interested in the job once, he doesn't need to say it again.

Not long back Stewart Downing said he was happy at Villa and not looking for a move

Just curious what does ITSOTP mean?

12 months on here and you don't know In The Shirt On The Pitch?

Next you'll say you don't know WDFAFC ;-)

I'll happily confess to not knowing this one.

Although I have worked out DHUTWU

:D

Given his track record at EFC with virtually no resources I believe he could take us to a level beyond what MON was capable of. This would be, in the first instance, domestic silverware and a manager to actually believes in European competitions rather than just the idea of them

In my eyes, Moyes just keeps Everton ticking over every season. Nothing spectacular, just playing percentage football and grinding out results. Makes a few good signings but also makes a few duds.

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm becoming more sceptical about us getting or even pursuing Moyes now. The Evertonians here are actually talking sense in my opinion, and there is a strong case for Moyes not even wanting a move to Villa. All just feelings and hunches though, and I suppose we'll get all answers in due time. As has been pointed out, we are still in holiday times for the football world.

I'd be very shocked if we were not trying for Moyes.

We may yet be knocked back by Kenwright or by Moyes himself but I can't believe we would not try for him.

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute same fore me...just BLAAAHHHH! 8)