• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

i said slavan bilic when MON left and stand by my choice. surprised i havent seen him mentioned. would be interesting to see him try and implement and eastern european work ethic to the squad

Living in caravans at BMH?

Setting up a hand car wash at the Belfry?

And walking through the traffic at Bassetts Pole washing windscreens??

:D

Haha... can't wait to see Barry Bannan driving the no.11

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quotes don't seem to be weeks old but they could still be made prior to Ancelotti hearing from Villa.

They're not weeks old, they're from the last few days, but he quite clearly says he's taking a year off.

The journalist even says, "You're not going to be managing anywhere next season, can we write that?" and he says "yes".

It's time to let it go. He's not coming, he's made it as clear as he possibly can, in a direct interview a few days ago.

Ok uncle_junior I'll let you go away and let it go but if it's all the same to you, and I can't imagine why it shouldn't be, I'll keep a candle of hope burning just in case Randy has some power of pursuasion when they met up in London Sunday evening (that's a joke PEOPLE!)

I'm more convinced now that we're getting Carlo Ancelotti than I was on Sunday when all the rumours started up. I'm convinced of it - and not just because I'm wishful thinking either.

That smells a little like a light sprinkling of ITK perhaps?

Afraid not mate. Just reading between the lines and ignoring all the bullshit printed in the media.

Ah fair enough, I appreciate the upbeat attitude anyways. I'm still hopeful on Ancelotti too, although the supposed rumours I've heard going round are that we're looking at someone most people wouldn't think we were and that it's going to be a surprise. Not sure what to make of it really, just have to wait and see. Unfortunately there's an awful lot of wait and see at the moment. I'm still surprised we're waiting on news about our new kits too. They should at least give us that if for no other reason than to divert attention from appointing a manager if for a little while.

The quotes don't seem to be weeks old but they could still be made prior to Ancelotti hearing from Villa.

They're not weeks old, they're from the last few days, but he quite clearly says he's taking a year off.

The journalist even says, "You're not going to be managing anywhere next season, can we write that?" and he says "yes".

It's time to let it go. He's not coming, he's made it as clear as he possibly can, in a direct interview a few days ago.

It was printed on Monday. It makes references to the weekend so the likely "interview" date was on the Thursday or Friday of last week. It's fairly safe to assume that Villa wouldn't have been in contact that early anyway.

You're fairly adamant that he's been as clear as he can be - but that's where your argument falls down, because he hasn't. Mark Hughes ended any speculation straight away with a direct statement from his PR team. That is how you end speculation, not by reportedly giving an interview in a foriegn tabloid which was primarily about another issue anyway.

The way you say "it's time to let it go" almost makes me think you have inside information, but I'm assuming you haven't. Don't believe everything you read in the media. Ancelotti has not ruled himself out at all and untill he or Villa issue a statement saying as much - or another manager is appointed - then that's how it stands.

As someone else said Ancelotti's quotes are old from what I've found out, VillaAndLoyal I am clinging on to your every word in hope rather then expectation but I do think Carlo isn't out of it yet. It would be very typical of Villa to appoint him this summer after he was apparently ruled out.

Rather hope this then think about the other list of candidates anyway :)

Not sure if you read my post on here last night:

I still 100% think it will be Ancelotti unveiled as new Villa manager. Today was the perfect way to snuff out what was pretty severe mounting expectation yesterday among the Villa fans. But it has been done in a way not to completely discredit the possibility and now gives the two parties breathing space to thrash out a deal.

Like someone said earlier, as in the case with Hughes, if Ancelotti really wanted to rule himself out of any jobs he would have issued a statement through his agent, like Hughes did. A few vague comments to an Italian rag mean nothing in my opinion.

Then there's the discrepency between what Carlo reportedly says about not hearing off any English club, and Mat Kendrick who is adamant Villa have been in contact.

Ancelotti says in those quotes that he needs a rest from the game, but one thing that will ALWAYS tempt a manager back into a job is if he knows he is wanted - and let me assure you, Ancelotti will be fully briefed on the fact that Villa fans have been positively buzzing about him for days, as will Lerner. Didn't he say the other week he really wants to stay and manage in England? And now he suddenly wants a year out to "watch" other managers? Pull the other one - don't believe that for a second. He is the only guy that would really unite this fanbase and send a message to the footballing world, and Lerner knows this, so if you think I'm going to believe a few vague quotes from a foreign tabloid you are mistaken.

Mark my words, I'm not ITK or anything of the sort, but we haven't heard the last of Ancelotti yet...

Apologies if you have. My position hasn't changed since writing this.

I share your enthusiasm and belief! Carlo2villa is still alive!

This manager hunt is boring we need some excitement...

I agree! Watching paint dry dull. I do hope they pick one soon so we can all get back to fretting over the color of the socks of next year's kit! Besides, this whole manager hunting thing is sooooooo last year. Oh wait... Wonder if this will be annual? :lol:

I'd be perfect for the Villa..

donald_trump_umbrella.jpg

With that tie he's wearing, Steve McTrump looks more of a Blues manager. By the way Don't think he's holding the brolly to keep the rain off. More the piss and beer would be my guess