Italian Football

Troglodyte

I don't think you can ever count Italy as being a 'surprise' if they do well in an international football tournament. They have the pedigree and the know-how to do well.

I can not wait. What are the ROI chances of going to Brazil? They are my international team even though I am not Irish at all. (I am about as Irish as Cascarino).
Do you not have a country? :P

England. But I like the Irish fans, they bring something great to a tournament, many of their players have played at VP, and after all the play off heartache they have had, (96, 98, 2000 and 2010) it is great to see them back in a tournament. I think that it is also better when two countries from these islands qualifies, like in 2002, 1998 and 1996. The media shows even more interest.

I've always had a great affiliation to the Irish team.

I'm half Irish, which obviously helps. But also the first major tournament I was old enough to watch and enjoy and understand what was going on was USA '94, where obviously there was no England, and Ireland did really well so it sort of cemented them as a team I really liked.

I supported Ireland in 1994 because they had four Villa players in the team (McGrath, Staunton, Townsend & Houghton) but beyond that particular tournament I am utterly indifferent to them.

They play like a La Liga team to me, don't think they'll be successful in Serie A unless he changes things. Pjanic has looked good, but Bojan has made no impact on the team at all. Borini has looked very impressive this season, not sure if Chelsea still own him?
I think it could work, I don't particularly think Italy is the defensive league it once was, in both playing style and the defenders not being what they once were. I think they could do well, they have a pretty poor/young team in places and it needs work in the summer.

Roma bought Borini in January. Him and Lamela have been highlights for Roma, Lamela's going to be huge.

Not quite agree with Bojan, he makes an impact some times and he looks lively, but I don't think he's made for Italy.

Not quite agree with Bojan, he makes an impact some times and he looks lively, but I don't think he's made for Italy.

never got the Bojan hype at all, he is too weak physically and mentally to be a footballer. Am pretty sure was a game he was crying for barcelona last season after being replaced

Â