Italian Football

Troglodyte

Milan have only really had their golden period since about 86 so before then Inter were a much stronger club

That's just wrong if you look at the numbers.

AC - 1901, 06, 07, 51, 55, 57, 59, 62, 68, 79, 88, 92, 93, 94, 96, 99, 2004, 11

Inter - 1910, 20, 30, 38, 40, 53, 54, 63, 65, 66, 71, 80, 89, 2006, 07, 08, 09, 10

They had almost identical success in the 50s, 60s, 70s & 80s. If anything, it is Inter who are the more recent golden period having won 5 of their titles in the last 6 years offsetting the 5 AC won in the 90s. Even with that, AC also have the not-inconsiderable European Cups advantage that more than pushes them over the edge.

Also Inter won 3? in the courts, and since the matchfixing case has closed stuff has come out saying Inter were just as guilty as everybody else.

As BOF said, I think Milan will be better supported in the whole country.

Torino are more popular than Juve in Turin, a lot of Juve's support is nation wide too.

Inter only won 1 in the courts I think. Juve were stripped of 2, 1 was given to Inter, the other was not awarded to anyone I don't think.

I always thought the Inter/Juve 'biggest game in Italy' came from the fact they were the only Italian sides never to have been in Serie B before? (though obviously that changed recently after calciopoli).

Big game in Serie A, Milan vs Juve (2nd half just started). Milan lead at half time through a deflected Nocerino shot, should be 2-0 though.

431125_381602251868448_261816137180394_1355373_1582196892_n.jpg

This goal was not given. It's even worse because it wasn't like a rocket shot, it was a very slow header by Muntari with little power. The linesman has no excuse not to have given that, total BS.

Big game in Serie A, Milan vs Juve (2nd half just started). Milan lead at half time through a deflected Nocerino shot, should be 2-0 though.

431125_381602251868448_261816137180394_1355373_1582196892_n.jpg

This goal was not given. It's even worse because it wasn't like a rocket shot, it was a very slow header by Muntari with little power. The linesman has no excuse not to have given that, total BS.

Same linesman that ruled out Matri's onside strike. Not bias, just shit.

Same linesman that ruled out Matri's onside strike. Not bias, just shit.

Yeah. Though clearly Milan's disallowed goal was more 'valuable' than Juve's. Don't think Juve would've come back from 2-0 down.

Commentator mentioned an interesting stat during Napoli-Inter yesterday.

Inters record with Thiago Motta in the team - Played 10, 27 points.

Inters record without Motta in the team - Played 14, 9 points.

Genius decision to sell him. :lol:

They were;

Ronaldo, Beckham, Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldinho (not old, just a party boy), Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Dida and Ambrosini..

All players over 30, some over 35!

I think that's why I like them, they give the older players a platform to show they're still up for a challenge.

I think though this year the team has gotten 'younger', doubts over Gattuso being given a new contract this year etc.

Inzaghi I should have remembered! :(

He plays in a few cup games, I think he's injured at the moment though??

Van Bommell plays in alot of important games, same as Nesta. Zambrotta should be ahead of Antonini I think, he's still good.

Silva, Boateng/Nocerino and Zlatan are the spine now.

It's not bad, but I still feel they need a 'star' midfielder.

Selling Kaka made sense with the money offered and his injuries, but they've never replaced his talisman qualities where he can do something from nothing and pull the team through a game.

I really think they missed a trick selling Gorcuff to Bordeux, having said that I don't know how well he's playing at Lyon, so I could be talking poop. :lol:

I really think they missed a trick selling Gorcuff to Bordeux, having said that I don't know how well he's playing at Lyon, so I could be talking poop

Lyon fan in my job said he cant get in the team at the moment so was probably a wise move

Gorcuff must be one of the most overrated european players in the last 5 years, someone on another site was saying he was going to be the saviour of French football before the last world cup and he was already world class due to a few good games for Bordeux.

Watched him in the world cup and he was shite.

Â