Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

18 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, welcome home. 

The plot thickens... 

no mention of gravy so we can rule blandy out , all the vegans as well , no typos so that rules Dem out … reckon we can have this cracked before we know it 

On 20/10/2015 at 15:41, Baselayers said:

Baked potato with corned beef on a cold day. YAY

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Fair play, I gave up on this year's Apprentice after two episodes, perhaps a bit shallow but seeing all the women with lip fillers put me off.  Even Keenan didn't start a thread on it this year!

It's an incredibly bizarre show these days. They've kinda stopped bothering pretending these people are great business people or amazing candidates. Even when it was down to the final 5 and they did the interviews, the business plans were an absolute joke. 

Like seriously, not just "oh they're being a bit harsh in the interviews to make good telly", they were genuinely a joke. 

The only girl who sounded like she had any sort of thought gone into her business plan was the one who won. Everyone else it was like they'd written them for homework at school. One girl said, when asked why there wasn't any substance to her business plan, "I didn't think I'd get this far"

At least it busted the myth that Alan Sugar knows which business plans are the best ones before the show starts and keeps the best ones in the show. Because they were absolutely awful.

But anyway, coming back to the original point, I know it's shit TV these days but it's an easy thing to throw on and you end up getting hooked. I also think it's a better show than it was 5-7 years ago because the people on it are more likeable. Back then they just had absolute words removed on it.
They're idiots now but they seem more likeable to me.

Oh and she helped this year

Picture5-eab9.png?quality=90&strip=all&z

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Or it was JJ and she just regretted ever letting people know :detect:

I do remember a mod on here, I won't name them, saying that they had proof that baselayers was who she said she was.

She absolutely wasn't, but I'd love to know what the evidence was. 

Anyway the proof she wasn't who she said she was was when she was  live on Jonathan Ross or something and simultaneously posting on VillTalk. She said she was doing it in the ad breaks. While she was sat next to some massive celebrities. Sure sure

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I do remember a mod on here, I won't name them, saying that they had proof that baselayers was who she said she was.

Hmmm, that makes the mod in question a possible suspect I’d say :detect:

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And as we all know, mods have super powers.

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyway the proof she wasn't who she said she was was when she was  live on Jonathan Ross or something and simultaneously posting on VillTalk. She said she was doing it in the ad breaks. While she was sat next to some massive celebrities. Sure sure

I don't remember all this but I just Googled her name and Aston villa. 

It brought up an interview on the official Villa Website with the commentator who was commentating on the Sochi Olympics who IS a massive Villa fan. In the interview he talked about how well he knew her but didn't mention she was a Villa fan which you definitely think he would have done. 

Edited by sidcow

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

All this stuff with @Baselayers and @villaajax has reminded me I've often gone and looked at the final posts of missing in action posters.

You would expect that most of the time there would be some kind of clue like a rant about other posters or a farewell but that pretty much never happens. It's usually just normal everyday posts then gone. 

Seems strange to me. 

There's another one @darrenm.  Not seen round these parts since 23 Jan 2022.  Last post started Up the Villa and talking about Coutinho.  Then gone after 14 years of regular posting. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It brought up an interview on the official Villa Website with the commentator who was commentating on the Sochi Olympics who IS a massive Villa fan. In the interview he talked about how well he knew her but didn't mention she was a Villa fan which you definitely think he would have done. 

I believe the story was that she wasn’t particularly into football but had a boyfriend who was a big Villa or something.  Not sure why that would lead her to post on a forum though. 

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I believe the story was that she wasn’t particularly into football but had a boyfriend who was a big Villa or something.  Not sure why that would lead her to post on a forum though. 

She came for the Villa, stayed for VillaTalk Wrestling.

15 minutes ago, villaajax said:

She came for the Villa, stayed for VillaTalk Wrestling.

Where have you been for the last ten years? 😂 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I recall , she  never claimed to be a villa fan , it was her ex boyfriend  who was the villa fan 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

do remember a mod on here, I won't name them, saying that they had proof that baselayers was who she said she was.

Fairly sure “She” had a golden lion , which would have made them a donor at the time … maybe the card used had the names “Jones” on it :) 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

There's another one @darrenm.  Not seen round there parts since 23 Jan 2022.  Last post started Up the Villa and talking about Coutinho.  Then gone after 14 years of regular posting. 

He is very active on Twitter still 

Â