Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what have heard, it seems Ancelotti is our first choice but he is not fully sold on why he should be our manager. The club have another list of a few names that are being looked at as sort of a plan B they include Benitez, Martinez, Jol and Hughes if it comes to it he will be considered. I have heard that McClaren is on the list but not being consider as much as the others

To be honest we should not really care about who the manager is, as we are supporters of Aston Villa and it does not matter who plays for the club, manages and runs the club as long as they are associated with Villa we should back them through the good times and the bad.

:thumb:

Has a manager ever been appointed to a club on a Saturday or Sunday outside of the season in the history of football? Or at the very least, has any big news regarding managerial appointments come out on these days?

Has a manager ever been appointed to a club on a Saturday or Sunday outside of the season in the history of football? Or at the very least, has any big news regarding managerial appointments come out on these days?

No. Try and enjoy your weekend.

No. Try and enjoy your weekend.

tumblr_lgh6v3O1u91qd7pyy.png

Hah yeah I don't think we'll hear anything until monday at the earliest and even then I think we'll be waiting a couple of weeks. I don't think they'll rush this at all. Might as well focus on England tomorrow.

I feel your disappointment though. I was sure this week we'd hear news on the new kits, I even held hope for today since friday is as good a day as any other to announce them. Sadly it was not to be.

We brought Makoun on a Saturday, maybe he can be next villa Manager. Come on carlo, sign for villa 8)

new article in the daily star reckons Ancelotti is genuinely unsure the Villa job is right for him. Lerner will match his wages at Chelsea.. back up to Ancelotti will be Jol Hughes and Rafa.

As much as Rafa is hated on here.. i think he has been successful everywhere he has gone.. hes won more than JOL and Hughes.. and has a better win percentage than both.. i dont think hed be a bad option to be honest.

Regarding O'Neill I don't think anyone can deny that while he was with us, we had success. The problem with the guy is that he builds a team for himself, he has no long term outlook and it's no coincidence that teams struggle after he leaves them nor because he was THAT good.

He has his buddies in the media who make it seem otherwise and this will always make him favourite for every manager job and highly regarded in the country.

Excellent motivator and coach, but lacking in other areas of management and as many people say he's stuck in Cloughie era.

new article in the daily star reckons Ancelotti is genuinely unsure the Villa job is right for him. Lerner will match his wages at Chelsea.. back up to Ancelotti will be Jol Hughes and Rafa.

As much as Rafa is hated on here.. i think he has been successful everywhere he has gone.. hes won more than JOL and Hughes.. and has a better win percentage than both.. i dont think hed be a bad option to be honest.

This is a great news.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194304/Make-your-mind-up-Carlo-Ancelotti/

The only question is, does he want to come. If yes, it seems to me the deal is done. If not. Well, who wants to have manager who is not really willing to come.

Ancelotti is high qualified, and he can say no. He don't need to say yes to prove to the world how good he is. That is good for us.

If he join us, we know he is interested.

Thing thing about CA is he comes across very laid back maybe to laid back for the task at hand. You can imagine an excitable Houllier in an interview with his enthusiasm and vision. Remember development of the youth system is part of the criteria does he have experience of that? Houllier definitely did/has.

Rafa Benitez would still be a coup for us. His last job was managing the current European Champions! He won the Champions League at Liverpool and won the league with Valencia.

However there's a few things I can't get my head around. He wanted Barry instead of Alonso. Why? :!: He also paid 20 million for Aquilani :!: Liverpool are facing a massive loss on him. I also read today Jovanovic is on 120k a week !! :!:

If he aint sure, tell him to go forth and multipy, want people committed to Aston Villa Football Club

If I was him I'd want assurances I wasn't just going to be a publicity stunt, sign a big name manager, but then don't give him the backing he'd need to make his mark. He doesn't want to come here then find out he's got no chance of actually doing something.

He'll want to come into the job knowing Lerner will provide the money for him to do his job properly, nothing wrong with that.

If we're giving Ancelotti 48 hours to decide then i believe Hughes is completely out of the running now. I mean we're giving Ancelotti 48 hours which implies to me that we want someone in pronto, Hughes wouldn't be able to join until July 1st.

Thing thing about CA is he comes across very laid back maybe to laid back for the task at hand. You can imagine an excitable Houllier in an interview with his enthusiasm and vision. Remember development of the youth system is part of the criteria does he have experience of that? Houllier definitely did/has.

Rafa Benitez would still be a coup for us. His last job was managing the current European Champions! He won the Champions League at Liverpool and won the league with Valencia.

However there's a few things I can't get my head around. He wanted Barry instead of Alonso. Why? :!: He also paid 20 million for Aquilani :!: Liverpool are facing a massive loss on him. I also read today Jovanovic is on 120k a week !! :!:

Alonso had been off-form for two years whereas Barry was playing well and establishing himself for England.

Aquilani's worth every penny of €20m (euros) if you ask me. Problem was he arrived injured and didn't seem to settle.

Jovanovic's £120k includes his signing-on fee spread over the first year. He's probably on £60-70k. Still too much but Purslow was the money man last summer.