Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

or you could look at as;

Mclaren has won more than Hughes.

Hands up who wants Mclaren?

No, me neither!

Suppose so. However, Mclaren has failed in numerous jobs. Would you honestly call any of Sparky's efforts above Mclaren level cock up's?

Don't get me wrong, I think Hughes is a decent manager, hes certainly better than Mclaren. I just think we should go all out to get 'lotti', a manager with real pedigree.

For the record, if the Villa job was a straight fight between Hughes and Mclaren, I'd 100% back Hughes.

Its all down to perspective I guess.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Hughes won nothing as manager of Wales,

:crylaugh:

That is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards.

Glad to have brought a smile to your face. Which bit did you find the funniest? I think it is a difficult choice between 'Mark Hughes' and 'Wales' as to which one is the funnier.

To be honest we should not really care about who the manager is, as we are supporters of Aston Villa and it does not matter who plays for the club, manages and runs the club as long as they are associated with Villa we should back them through the good times and the bad.

To be honest we should not really care about who the manager is, as we are supporters of Aston Villa and it does not matter who plays for the club, manages and runs the club as long as they are associated with Villa we should back them through the good times and the bad.

I think we should care a great deal.

I agree with people that we should set our sights high and go for Ancelotti and Deschamps and co. The problem is if we ask them all and they all say no it has a negative effect. It undermines the person we do appoint as they will be like third choice or something. We need to go for one guy and one guy only and make sure we get him. Pick the right person. Also if we get rejected from a lot of people it will damage the image of the club and make us look like an unattractive prospect to others and will bring more negativity to the club. Just my view anyways.

Why. I would support Villa weather we was winning the league or in non league. We don't control what goes on at the club we just support it as fans.

Yes it is nice doing well but it surely not worth losing sleep on who our manager is, If you don't like who the new manager will be then fine keep them to yourself but who really would not support Villa if we got a rubbish manager and we start to do badly.

I would worry for the health of a certain member here if we actually got Deschamps. Poor guy would probably have a heart attack through excitement.

His bedroom ceiling would be artexed in an instant.

Why. I would support Villa weather we was winning the league or in non league. We don't control what goes on at the club we just support it as fans.

Yes it is nice doing well but it surely not worth losing sleep on who our manager is, If you don't like who the new manager will be then fine keep them to yourself but who really would not support Villa if we got a rubbish manager and we start to do badly.

Nomination 275 for number one villa fan. Get over yourself.

Does anyone agree MON is one of the worst modern managers around? I can't believe all the mess he has left behind and the general public still think he's a good manager. He has the whole media fooled that's for sure.

Surely no one would be stupid enough to give him a warm welcome at Villa Park if he was hired at a different Premier League club?

I would worry for the health of a certain member here if we actually got Deschamps. Poor guy would probably have a heart attack through excitement.

i imagine he has a room like in a certain Alan Patridge episode but dedicated to Deschamps.

Nomination 275 for number one villa fan. Get over yourself.

Technically their should be no number 1 fan, as we should all support Villa with the same passion as each other.

Does anyone agree MON is one of the worst modern managers around? I can't believe all the mess he has left behind and the general public still think he's a good manager. He has the whole media fooled that's for sure.

Surely no one would be stupid enough to give him a warm welcome at Villa Park if he was hired at a different Premier League club?

I wouldn't say he was one of the worst overall, but with regards to contracts, scouting, tactics and legacy he's got to be one of the worst.

I threw up a little in my mouth earlier when listening to talksport, they were discussing the fulham job and saying how MON would possibly be looking for something bigger "after the excellent job he did at Villa".

If we get ancelotti I wouldn't stop at the ceiling, I would paste all the walls in my house.

Annoying because the chip board wall paper was already hard enough to remove.

He did alright at Villa, spent to much money on average players, tactics were a little suspect at times. However 3 top six finishes back to back is OK. He could have done a little more I suppose, but he was a much, much better manager than DOL.

The only negative I have against MON was the nature and the timing of his departure, really dropped us in it!

He has lot of friends in press.

But to answer your first question- NO.

He did great here for a while - the 2007-08 season was one most exciting i rmber (albeit - not always for right reasons). We later then very nearly did break top 4 but came up short and things soured . Very good manager -man management wise but bit naive and lacks plan B tactically..

Nag, we've had worse footballing managers.

However, this must be one of the worse messes ever left by a manager. For all the money we have spent there is only one of his signings that I would be gutted if he left and he had his best season under a different manager...that person being downing.