Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Have heard Radio Journalist say we should not be looking at the past and only focus on last season meaning we are not a top club as we have not won anything for 15 years

As true as this is, it should not stop anyone from looking at the proud history. It's a fact that we are the 4th best achievers in the English game. It's a selling point. Appoint the right Manager and we are one of the biggest around full stop. The board need to pull out all the stops to get the class Manager we all know we need to put us back up in to the top five or six, looking to push on.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big problem with Ancelotti, if he does do well with us, say he gets us back up to 5th or 6th, does anyone really think he wouldnt be picked up by the big teams again??

That's not really a problem, IMO.

Agreed.

Worrying about doing well is not on my worry list at moment.

Exactly.

For the above to happen, he'd have had to have done well with us, meaning we should be in a good position for someone else to carry on the good work.

Plus we'd have to pay no severance, and in fact we'd probably be paid compensation.

It's less than ideal. But a problem? Not really

Only just noticed Kia Joorabchian is Mark Hughes agent...

Just heard his interview on sky sports, if you listen from the 6th minute onwards he seems to sugguest that most clubs have already made season plans and work only starts from the 1st July (when Sparky becomes available) when players return after international duties/summer holidays, but surely all those plans were not in place at Villa!

What with GH in hospital from the 20th April does anyone believe that Randy would let him continue making player choices/who goes was obviouse to most as most were out of contract.

He does seem to imply that there is a good chance that he will come to Villa Park as Chelsea might be looking for a more experienced manager.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6965155,00.html

Hey that's my point of view.

Another big problem with Ancelotti, if he does do well with us, say he gets us back up to 5th or 6th, does anyone really think he wouldnt be picked up by the big teams again??

That's not really a problem, IMO.

Agreed.

Worrying about doing well is not on my worry list at moment.

Exactly.

For the above to happen, he'd have had to have done well with us, meaning we should be in a good position for someone else to carry on the good work.

Plus we'd have to pay no severance, and in fact we'd probably be paid compensation.

It's less than ideal. But a problem? Not really

I would think that if he does well here he would want to continue to build on that. I mean if he joins surely the target must be to eventually get into that top four?

So if we finish 5th or 6th he would continue seeing as we would be so close.

All very hypothetical and probably wont happen, before someone has a go!

Only just noticed Kia Joorabchian is Mark Hughes agent...

Just heard his interview on sky sports, if you listen from the 6th minute onwards he seems to sugguest that most clubs have already made season plans and work only starts from the 1st July (when Sparky becomes available) when players return after international duties/summer holidays, but surely all those plans were not in place at Villa!

What with GH in hospital from the 20th April does anyone believe that Randy would let him continue making player choices/who goes was obviouse to most as most were out of contract.

He does seem to imply that there is a good chance that he will come to Villa Park as Chelsea might be looking for a more experienced manager.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6965155,00.html

Hey that's my point of view.

Thanks for that link.

Interestings.

If we are still in for Hughes (which think is almost very likely) it would be proper frustrating, irritating and ridiculous if we did have to wait till 1st of July for him to be named manager

i know this has nothing to do with this article, but my chairman for the football team i manage has been friends with the agbonlahor’s since he played under him at under 11′s level for great barr has been told by gabby himself, Mark Hughes WILL be villa manager after 30th June, all the reports are bollocks,there hasn’t been an official announcement from villa ruling anyone out of the running for the job, that clause has stopped the immediate appointment of Hughes because even tho he has quit, if we try to appoint him now ‘officially’ we will have to pay compensation for him. i trust this source because he told me years back he knew and managed gabby, i didnt believe him until he got him to do the teams annual football presentation, so who knows….

From some guy of villa views. Its probably rubbish. But as it's been quiet; I thought I'd post it.

I guess we take this ITK stuff with a pinch of salt since we're hearing different things from all kinds of sources.

As for appointing Hughes, it could happen before July 1st dependent on how long Fulham take to find a manager of course. If they appoint someone in a week or two then I assume that agreement to wait until July 1st would be null and void? I'm no legal expert though, just what I would assume. I can't see Fulham wanting to wait around too long to get a new manager in though.

In my heart I'm still pining for Ancelotti however ;)

i know this has nothing to do with this article, but my chairman for the football team i manage has been friends with the agbonlahor’s since he played under him at under 11′s level for great barr has been told by gabby himself, Mark Hughes WILL be villa manager after 30th June, all the reports are bollocks,there hasn’t been an official announcement from villa ruling anyone out of the running for the job, that clause has stopped the immediate appointment of Hughes because even tho he has quit, if we try to appoint him now ‘officially’ we will have to pay compensation for him. i trust this source because he told me years back he knew and managed gabby, i didnt believe him until he got him to do the teams annual football presentation, so who knows….

From some guy of villa views. Its probably rubbish. But as it's been quiet; I thought I'd post it.

I doubt the players have a clue who it'll be.

I doubt the players have a clue who it'll be.

I know. Just what a thought. As I said, It has been a quiet day and I thought people may find it interesting.

Guardian - Martin Jol expected to join Fulham, and Steve McClaren is in our thoughts as a serious contender but behind our first choice Martin Jol. Owen Coyle is being considered.

If Jol is our first choice, why is he expected to join Fulham?

Anyway, that list is terrible. I hope it's not true.

Well Gabby is not the brightest button in the box so I wouldn't believe anything coming from him. Why would Randy want to appoint someone who has got less than a quarter of the votes than that of the fans favourite?

The appointment of a manager reflects the level of ambition of the club. To appoint Hughes would clearly state that the ambition is very low.

Guardian - Martin Jol expected to join Fulham, and Steve McClaren is in our thoughts as a serious contender but behind our first choice Martin Jol. Owen Coyle is being considered.

If Jol is our first choice, why is he expected to join Fulham?

Anyway, that list is terrible. I hope it's not true.

They have Jol on their list according to the majority of papers. I am not personally enthralled by the mention of McClaren, it would be disastrous if he became the manager.

I guess we take this ITK stuff with a pinch of salt since we're hearing different things from all kinds of sources.

As for appointing Hughes, it could happen before July 1st dependent on how long Fulham take to find a manager of course. If they appoint someone in a week or two then I assume that agreement to wait until July 1st would be null and void? I'm no legal expert though, just what I would assume. I can't see Fulham wanting to wait around too long to get a new manager in though.

In my heart I'm still pining for Ancelotti however ;)

If i hand in my notice to an employer and i have a months holiday due June 1st till June 30th and in the mean time i get or find another job, what the hell can they sue me for!?

I'm out off work and something came up, i took the job but i'm on holiday till 30th June and still under a contract to the club and cannot start work at AVFC/CFC under the so said contract, but i can still pick and choose players and rely on the board to get them in by the 1st of July.

I'm almost certain now that Sparky is a Villa Manager already and doing his bit, i may be proved wrong but if we don't annouce anyone by next weekend it a dead cert