Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Taylor has spoken out for a lot of fans..

'Randy, prove your ambition - pick Ancelotti'

Express and Star

Villa legend Ian Taylor today urged owner Randy Lerner to do everything he can to persuade Carlo Ancelotti to take the vacant manager’s position.

Gerard Houllier has now formally left the club after the terms of his settlement were concluded and Villa’s board will now draw up a shortlist of names to replace the Frenchman.

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is the current favourite as he is able to exercise a break clause in his contract which would allow him to leave Craven Cottage for nothing, although Mohammed Al Fayed is hopeful of persuading him to sign a new deal.

But Express & Star columnist Taylor, who is Villa’s official ambassador, revealed former Chelsea boss Ancelotti would be his No.1 choice to take over.

“If there is even the slightest chance they can get him, then Villa have to go for Carlo Ancelotti,” said Taylor.

Have they passed this off as today's news? It's a few days old looking at the bit I've underlined. Sir Ian of Taylor is correct though, go get him if we can.

Managers of the calibre of Ancelotti are very few and far between and they are not usually available when it is time to appoint a new manager of AVFC. If we miss this opportunity it may not present itself again for quite some time.

Mark Hughes won nothing as manager of Wales, he won nothing as manager of Man City and he won nothing as manager of Fulham and he quit his post with them after one season when they were willing to give him a job when no other club was willing to take him.

However, Ancelotti has won numerous trophies in his time as a manager at various clubs including winning the Champions League twice and he took Chelsea to double winning success in 2009/2010.

Now, if I was faced with the CV's of these two I think I know which one would impress me the most.

or you could look at as;

Mark Hughes was one of Wales most successful managers in recent history. Narrowly missing out on qualification to the Euro's by losing to Russia in the play offs and beating a top Italy team in the process. Wales would regularly get sell out crowds at the Millennium Stadium, even against the likes of Finland & Azerbaijan a feat that has only happened twice since and that's against "The Old Enemy" England.

at Blackburn he took them to an 3 Cup Semi-final' (two FA & one League in the 3 consecutive seasons) & the Uefa Cup with a top six finish in his second season.

At Man City players were bought in above his head that he may not have even wanted, he still had them in 5th place at the time of his sacking and managed to put the foundations together for a decent team to be cemented.

At Fulham well once again he steadied the ship after Hodgson's departure and had them finishing 8th in the league.

Whilst I'd prefer to have Ancellotti his record speaks for itself. I think a few people are being a bit to snobbish about Sparky and his previous achievements. I think given time he would be a good manager for most clubs...

In Randy we Trust!!!

Before i started to post here i frequently read 'in MON we trust.' Look how that turned out.

I don't believe Randy has done anything yet to earn our trust as our club at the moment is a complete mess!

He must start now.

At Fulham well once again he steadied the ship after Hodgson's departure and had them finishing 8th in the league.

Sorry mate slight correction as they finished 8th, not 6th. Still a great job though for a club like Fulham.

It's not just Carlo Ancelotti we should go after. Why not try Louis van Gaal and Didier Deschamps as well? Set our sights high. They could all say no, but at least the board would show their intentions.

Sorry mate slight correction as they finished 8th, not 6th. Still a great job though for a club like Fulham.

Well spotted kind sir, edited. :D

Mark Hughes won nothing as manager of Wales, he won nothing as manager of Man City and he won nothing as manager of Fulham and he quit his post with them after one season when they were willing to give him a job when no other club was willing to take him.

However, Ancelotti has won numerous trophies in his time as a manager at various clubs including winning the Champions League twice and he took Chelsea to double winning success in 2009/2010.

Now, if I was faced with the CV's of these two I think I know which one would impress me the most.

or you could look at as;

Mark Hughes was one of Wales most successful managers in recent history. Narrowly missing out on qualification to the Euro's by losing to Russia in the play offs and beating a top Italy team in the process. Wales would regularly get sell out crowds at the Millennium Stadium, even against the likes of Finland & Azerbaijan a feat that has only happened twice since and that's against "The Old Enemy" England.

at Blackburn he took them to an 3 Cup Semi-final' (two FA & one League in the 3 consecutive seasons) & the Uefa Cup with a top six finish in his second season.

At Man City players were bought in above his head that he may not have even wanted, he still had them in 5th place at the time of his sacking and managed to put the foundations together for a decent team to be cemented.

At Fulham well once again he steadied the ship after Hodgson's departure and had them finishing 6th in the league.

Whilst I'd prefer to have Ancellotti his record speaks for itself. I think a few people are being a bit to snobbish about Sparky and his previous achievements. I think given time he would be a good manager for most clubs...

or you could look at as;

Mclaren has won more than Hughes, and arguably with less resources.

Hands up who wants Mclaren?

No, me neither!

In Randy we Trust!!!

Before i started to post here i frequently read 'in MON we trust.' Look how that turned out.

I don't believe Randy has done anything yet to earn our trust as our club at the moment is a complete mess!

He must start now.

Such short memories

or you could look at as;

Mclaren has won more than Hughes.

No, me neither!

Suppose so. However, Mclaren has failed in numerous jobs. Would you honestly call any of Sparky's efforts above Mclaren level cock up's?

or you could look at as;

At Fulham well once again he steadied the ship after Hodgson's departure and had them finishing 6th in the league.

or you could look at as;

No, me neither!

Just goes to show how difficult it is to Manage in the Premier League and how tough a job Randy and his merry men have in selecting the new Manager. FWIW, you could also have the same argument about Moyes, Fat Sam, etc in terms of them winning bugger all. Wenger hasn't won anything for years but still has a decent reputation, so I guess much of the selection process is based around reputation rather than what they've won. Arguably?

or you could look at as;

No, me neither!

Suppose so. However, Mclaren has failed in numerous jobs. Would you honestly call any of Sparky's efforts above Mclaren level cock up's?

I've been watching McClaren's Dutch interview on YouTube. It hasn't lost any of its power. I dislike him more for that interview than for not qualifying with England.

Mark Hughes won nothing as manager of Wales,

:crylaugh:

That is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards.

:lol:

You expect Hughes to win the Euros or the World Cup with Wales?

They've only ever qualified a major tournament once in their entire history!

or you could look at as;

No, me neither!

I've been watching McClaren's Dutch interview on YouTube. It hasn't lost any of its power. I dislike him more for that interview than for not qualifying with England.

We're are what yoush call underdogshhh?

Why?

Are Fulham and Chelsea in a mess too?

1. 3 players out of the starting 11 have left

2. 5 players out of the starting 11 could follow

3. The rest of the starting players are mainly average and need to be sold if we want to progress

4. Squad contains of deadwood and lazy players who are going to be very hard to get rid of so we need all the time we can get

5. The wage bill is still high despite the fact we've let go so many players

6. We have a tournament coming up midway through July leaving us less time to prepare in the window

Fulham are left in good shape and Chelsea have a multi-billionaire chairman.

That enough info on why we need a manager soon and why it was pointless comparing us to Chelsea and Fulham?