Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I do wonder of all the candidates who would be the most likely to recieve the welcome MON got ?

Of the main contenders only Ancelotti would.

Moyes would raise eyebrows but wouldnt raise as much expectation!

Ancelotti would draw crowds that dwarf MON's imo. I think a lot of people want him, but don't actually think we could get him. If we do, well, it'll be street party time.

I agree Moyes wouldn't be cheered into Villa Park, it's the sort of appointment people would expect, and I don't think many people think he's THAT good, he's a decent manager, but, he's not seen as the sort of guy who will push a club on.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say i think Ancelotti would be a massive mistake. The guy has only ever managed top top clubs. He has always been able to attract the worlds best with alot of money to spend.

Villa would be a totally different proposition. He would need to work with less capable players, he would struggle to attract the top calibre and he has never been proven in those circumstances.

For £5 million a year, i think i could prove disastrous

i have to say i think Ancelotti would be a massive mistake. The guy has only ever managed top top clubs. He has always been able to attract the worlds best with alot of money to spend.

Villa would be a totally different proposition. He would need to work with less capable players, he would struggle to attract the top calibre and he has never been proven in those circumstances.

No he hasn't.

Villa would essentially be the same as when he was at Parma.

Look closer at where he started off in Italy managerial wise.

Why do people even waste their time posting something like this when it's so clearly factually incorrect? Since when have Reggiana or Parma been "top top" clubs able to attract "the worlds best"??

Just a complete waste of your time even writing that. :?

No he hasn't.

...or far better than Reggiana!

No he hasn't.

When he almost immediately signed Crespo, Chiesa Ze maria. and included buffon and Cannavaro!

Parma may not have had the pedigree but they were spending crazy sums and had a top top team. He still only finished 2nd then had a disastrous champs league the next year and only finished 5th...

I do wonder of all the candidates who would be the most likely to recieve the welcome MON got ?

Of the main contenders only Ancelotti would.

Moyes would raise eyebrows but wouldnt raise as much expectation!

Ancelotti would draw crowds that dwarf MON's imo. I think a lot of people want him, but don't actually think we could get him. If we do, well, it'll be street party time.

It is high time to visit mekka, if Ancelotti comes.

But, sorry I think this is true "but don't actually think we could get him"

No he hasn't.

didnt manage them in Serie A, got promotion from B and left for Parma.

Reggiana may not be a top top club, but they would be expected to be challenging for promotion to serie A.

Dont get me wrong, i think the guy is a good manager. My only concern is whether he will be able to have success at villa that would see £5 million a year as good business?

No he hasn't.

Reggiana may not be a top top club, but they would be expected to be challenging for promotion to serie A.

Dont get me wrong, i think the guy is a good manager. My only concern is whether he will be able to have success at villa that would see £5 million a year as good business?

What?

You said he hasnt managed anything other than top teams. Reggiana, no matter what is said, are not!

I dont really know what you are arguing.

No he hasn't.

What?

You said he hasnt managed anything other than top teams. Reggiana, no matter what is said, are not!

I dont really know what you are arguing.

im saying that although reggiana are not a top team, if he has only managed them in Serie B then they would still have been one of top teams in that division fighting for the title.

My whole point is based around has he ever really managed a group of players that was expected to finish 6-10th place in the league? The answer is clearly no.

He has always managed teams who are expected to finish top, therefore he has had the pick of players to choose from.

As said before i think he is a good manager, but for £5 million a year, i think there are better options, and options who have more experience of finding bargain players and turning smaller teams into surprise packages

Just because he has been successful with the "better" teams, doesn't mean he wouldn't do well here. He also has more chance of getting those better players to come here than anyone else we could get in. He has already gained the experience in both leagues now too which would make him a lot more adaptable than if he had only managed for a few years.

We are one of the top teams in this league so it would hardly be something new to him. He's shown he can buy in players and rebuild a squad quite well. He has also shown he has a good eye for talent after what he did at Parma. They spent a fair bit yes, but we can spend a fair bit too.. Ancelotti coming here would be a pretty easy job for him. At best he only needs to buy a new goalkeeper and some defenders, at worst some midfielders too.. The rest will be down to his tactics and work ethic.

I don't think it will be Ancelotti to be honest, even the Sky Italia report said he refused the job (I had it translated by 2 seperate fluent Italian speakers just to clarify, it's not a mis-translation, it says he refused the job...), I think it will be one of Jol or McClaren (not a fan!).

I don't think it will be Ancelotti to be honest, even the Sky Italia report said he refused the job (I had it translated by 2 seperate fluent Italian speakers just to clarify, it's not a mis-translation, it says he refused the job...), I think it will be one of Jol or McClaren (not a fan!).

Nope, I had it translated by one of my best friends who is fluent in Italian and was born Italy, he said 'Sky Italia also are refusing to rule out Carlo Ancelotti' - Carlo has gone on record saying he wants to stay in the Premier League, said he'd even manage West Ham for crying out loud.